A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: spartan316
About Contact
Last Post: May 9, 2010 07:36 PM
Interests: Graphic Design
Your Age: 21
What Games do you play: Halo, Halo C.E
Girls like creepy things too
Email: {hidden}

Post Statistics
spartan316 has contributed to 17 posts out of 469529 total posts (0.00%) in 3,527 days (0.00 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Modifications May 9, 2010 07:36 PM (Total replies: 25)

Okay, lets just dumb this down a bit. I am really stupid and busy with art school at the same time.
So for laments sake.
What do I need to do in order to get the changer or a third person modification working.
Links would be very helpful for me.
Telling me to get 1.08.exe is not very helpful, that could in all reality mean a lot of things if you do not specify. I am to assume it is the 1.08 update, which at this point I have 1.09.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Modifications May 2, 2010 11:10 PM (Total replies: 25)

Pretty sure I have Bitter Bananas dev right now.
I do have the version changer, when I load up the game it pops up. Simply have no way of 'changing' anything. or actually using it...? you can see how I would be confused no?
I tried pushing the ~ key, but it did nothing for me.
as for 1.08 exe, your telling me to downgrade to the older version before I use try this or your referencing something else?

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Modifications May 2, 2010 10:29 PM (Total replies: 25)

I am kinda lost, the sad part here is that I am a her not a 'him' thank you.
I am sorry if people here don't entirely utilize the language given to them and provide better descriptions of what or how to do it.
I am fully capable of learning but sometimes it is Very helpful to have nice descriptions or something... a little more is all I guess.
I do feel a little stupid that I can't really figure any of this out for myself but considering my experience is in other areas, a lot of this stuff seems kinda weird x_x
I am not a hacker I use pencils and draw stuff... So if anyone could help me out, it'd be nice.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Modifications May 2, 2010 02:12 AM (Total replies: 25)

I tried that...

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Modifications May 1, 2010 11:02 PM (Total replies: 25)

not valid?

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Modifications May 1, 2010 10:21 PM (Total replies: 25)

Why did that confuse me?
um... I only got lost at console in the shortcut target?

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Modifications May 1, 2010 10:11 PM (Total replies: 25)

Well that works, thanks
now I don't know how to use it... o.O

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Modifications May 1, 2010 07:38 PM (Total replies: 25)

As helpful as that was to me, Smmt. The file is a .rar file... I know it says to replace string files but if all I have is a .rar file I don't think I can do much with that?
I might not be fully using my brain here, kinda half asleep but a .rar file doesn't do anything for me XD

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Modifications May 1, 2010 06:28 PM (Total replies: 25)

Quote: --- Original message by: Slayer117
use version changer to use the old ones

Version changer?

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Modifications May 1, 2010 06:23 PM (Total replies: 25)

Nope... I have looked up other versions or types
They don't do anything. Which to me is worse than getting an exception. If this is all there is there is then that is kinda sad that they do not work anymore. I was hoping to find a newer version which I have not.
It isn't too important and I can live without it. I will miss it however, if no one is updating it.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Modifications May 1, 2010 05:14 PM (Total replies: 25)

And no one has any new mods up?
Makes me very confused... I figured it had to be the update, but even before I updated it they weren't working very well. Well this sucks if there isn't another one... or a way to get it to work.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Modifications May 1, 2010 04:58 PM (Total replies: 25)

Well it's been awhile since I really got back into the game and played but I loaded up and got it up to date and everything.
Though I realize now that I still have the same problem I did before. The Halo Third person mod exceptions every time I try to use it, or doesn't do anything at all. I do have an aimbot and decided to try that as well. It does the same thing... Though aimbot exceptions every time without fail I attempt to use it.
I don't really use aimbot but I liked the third person mod... I tried looking around and seeing if there might be another version or an 'update' for it. There isn't. I don't fully understand what it may be doing or not doing that causes it to malfunction or to exception like that.
If anyone can tell me something about it that would be very helpful.
Again I just so happen to have the aimbot (I don't even remember how I got it) It's not important though. Just wanting to know about the Third person mod. I kinda feel like I'm missing something and I probably am...

Halo CE General Discussion » Question Apr 20, 2010 09:12 PM (Total replies: 10)

Maybe it was just a flook for me?

Halo CE General Discussion » Question Apr 20, 2010 08:18 PM (Total replies: 10)

Quote: lol thats how i got my haloPC game too. my friend has moved on to starcraft D:<

Yeah my friend just got me the star craft battle chest haha x_x

1.08 does require the disc... cause that's the one I was trying to do and it was telling me I had to put the disc in

Halo CE General Discussion » Question Apr 20, 2010 10:36 AM (Total replies: 10)

I tried it awhile ago. I was having trouble with this because 1.08 was the one I could find apparently and the one I was attempting to use when it decided that I needed the disk right out of the blue.
After downloading 1.09 I tried it after pulling the disc out and 1.09 is apparently the one you need.
or the one I needed... haha. I will double check latter to be sure it is all working properly. But it seems to be just what I needed. It never used to say that my game needed an update before now and I thought it was strange.

Halo CE General Discussion » Question Apr 20, 2010 07:21 AM (Total replies: 10)

oh no I own the game, I just got used to not having to stick the disc into the drive... I was getting confused and it has been awhile since I loaded it up. This is just a lifesaver thanks a bunch!
I am not really sure why I was having such difficulty locating or finding out exactly what was going on with the updates, is this the final one or are they still working on patching it up?

Quote: $15 -$20? lucky ODX. I bought a legit copy from EB Games for $30 and it was on sale \: Mind you that I'm in Australia. (the best country there is :D)

wow, I got mine from a friend for free. He wasn't playing it anymore and let me borrow it, somehow he never asked for it back and I haven't talked to him in awhile. Makes me feel kinda bad I still have it but when I mentioned it before he didn't seem to mind at all, lucky break for me I guess.
Edited by spartan316 on Apr 20, 2010 at 07:35 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Question Apr 20, 2010 04:15 AM (Total replies: 10)

I should probably have read through and glanced over other posts before posting this myself, but it seems I just don't have the time currently.
I was attempting to play Halo C.E again and found that it was telling me I had to manually update the game by going to www.microsoft.com/games/halo/downloads.asp Naturally I checked it out and found that this led me no where, so I returned to the Halo C.E website to find an update. I did the one from bungie, something about fixing server problems I think (maybe not recalling it right) but I could post a link to it. Now after some messing around I did manage to get a few servers up when I loaded the game back up. Well then I did an update from the file itself (the updater in my system files) after that Halo C.E would not load up anymore without the disc in the drive. This is very strange as the original Halo loads up just fine without the disc in the drive when it used to be the other way around. This brings me great confusion and I am not sure what file changed that.
Also I want to know about the servers and if they are working properly? Or is that still a work in progress currently?
Oh and I may have been able to put this under the technical part of this forum but looking at it, it seemed more for maps in particular and this is a general question (or so I think)
Maybe I am just not seeing something but I didn't remove anything that I know of.

Time: Sun December 15, 2019 6:57 PM 157 ms.
A Halo Maps Website