A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Putte08
About Contact
Last Post: Aug 4, 2013 04:31 AM
Interests: Machinima
Your Age: 18
What Games do you play: Halo halo halo (But Halo 4 is so failed I cry everytime I think about it)

Post Statistics
Putte08 has contributed to 24 posts out of 469499 total posts (.01%) in 3,498 days (.01 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Adjutant 3.2.0.0 - Release Aug 4, 2013 04:31 AM (Total replies: 834)

We need more people in this thread to cheer on Waffles so he can do a tutorial on how to do this rigging thing.

C'mon Waffles! You can do it! Believe in yourself and do this tutorial for all the helpless citicens of Halomaps!
(I sure as hell would appreciate a tutorial on this)

Halo CE General Discussion » [App] Adjutant 2 Apr 8, 2013 07:39 AM (Total replies: 1487)

Man, you're the best! That was the problem, I'll make sure to update my EMF script more often in the future. And the sound extraction works perfectly! I can't express how thankful I am that you've put down your time and created a tool like this.

Halo CE General Discussion » [App] Adjutant 2 Apr 8, 2013 06:27 AM (Total replies: 1487)

Holy poop (profanity filter? haha) I can't believe it, sound extracting! Gotta test it out ASAP.

Anyways, why I came to this thread again: Has anyone managed to get this model into 3ds max? I just get an error when I try to import it as an EMF file and importing it as .obj works, but there's (pretty much) no texture.
I mean, you can see it all nicely in Adjutant, so I have no idea why it shouldn't be working for 3ds max.
(m35.map - objects\vehicles\human\unsc_fleet\unsc_stalwart_class_frigate\frigate destroyed\frigate_destroyed)

Halo CE General Discussion » [Help] Opacity textures in 3ds max Jan 23, 2013 02:40 PM (Total replies: 9)

Quote: --- Original message by: waffles
The main issue is the hair is two-sided, which screws with shading, i had this happen before with dutch, though i took the easy way and seperated the mesh to untick "receive shadows" and it worked, like i said though ill look at this tonight most likely.

Correct! Problem solved! Now I can live happy ever after.
Edited by Putte08 on Jan 23, 2013 at 02:41 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » [Help] Opacity textures in 3ds max Jan 23, 2013 10:09 AM (Total replies: 9)

I've never done that before. Is it this you're talking about? If so I'll follow those tutorials and see if I can manage to fix it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Iswm1xKtGs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5WrSEzupVI

Halo CE General Discussion » [Help] Opacity textures in 3ds max Jan 23, 2013 10:01 AM (Total replies: 9)

Edited by Putte08 on Oct 11, 2013 at 04:16 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » [Help] Opacity textures in 3ds max Jan 23, 2013 03:51 AM (Total replies: 9)

Edited by Putte08 on Oct 11, 2013 at 04:16 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » [Help] Opacity textures in 3ds max Jan 22, 2013 03:14 PM (Total replies: 9)

Edited by Putte08 on Oct 11, 2013 at 04:15 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » [App] Adjutant 2 Dec 22, 2012 01:50 PM (Total replies: 1487)

Thanks for replying! I'll try it out asap and see if it works.

Halo CE General Discussion » [App] Adjutant 2 Dec 22, 2012 12:24 PM (Total replies: 1487)

Quote: --- Original message by: waffles
*facepalm* you need to disable the alpha channel in 3ds max itself, that or remove it from the texture all together, i believe somebody above mentioned this already -_-

Could you please post an image of you doing that?
I did remove the alpha but it's not working. It's so annoying to see you facepalm me when you don't know what you're talking about.
If what you're saying is true, could you guide me on how to do it? As you see in my image, there's no alpha. I removed it. And still this problem is here.
I don't care about being right or wrong about this, I just want to get it working. So if you see something I did wrong here, please point it out and help me out.

Halo CE General Discussion » [App] Adjutant 2 Dec 22, 2012 05:51 AM (Total replies: 1487)

The dds textures isn't doing a difference for me. I've still got that line in the middle of the model. Is there someone here who doesn't get those lines? If so, please post an image showing that. I really need to get this working, so any help would be appreciated.

Halo CE General Discussion » [App] Adjutant 2 Dec 20, 2012 05:12 PM (Total replies: 1487)

Quote: --- Original message by: Banshee64
Quote: --- Original message by: Putte08
Really, that was only the problem? Oh god, I have so many textures to fix now... Thanks for finding me a solution, I was going crazy. I searched for this on google for hours.

don't export the normal maps as dds, only the diffuse.

But how do I make it work with the specular level? It works fine with just the diffuse, but when I add a specular level with the diffuse map it does that problem again.
Edited by Putte08 on Dec 20, 2012 at 05:12 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » [App] Adjutant 2 Dec 20, 2012 02:54 PM (Total replies: 1487)

Really, that was only the problem? Oh god, I have so many textures to fix now... Thanks for finding me a solution, I was going crazy. I searched for this on google for hours.

Halo CE General Discussion » [App] Adjutant 2 Dec 20, 2012 02:41 PM (Total replies: 1487)

Anyone here know how to fix this problem?

Seems like the shadows/lightning gets stuck in the UVW mapping or something. It stops where the texture stops etc. Could someone help me out? I'm putting down a lot of time into a CGI I'm doing right now and this is stopping me. Would be glad as hell if someone knew how to fix this, or work around it.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo 3 models, could need some help Jul 2, 2012 08:47 PM (Total replies: 23)

Quote: --- Original message by: XlzQwerty1
You have to flip the faces on the model and manually fix everything. One does not simply import a halo 3/odst model perfectly without having to fix errors.

Here, if this is the truth then I don't even need to bother about this unless there's a tutorial for that. I thought it would be simple to fix if someone knew how to do it and at the same time be able to explain that to a noob like me.

How do I flip the faces and manually "fix everything"? Is there any way I can learn this? I'm willing to put down time into it, but it's hard to put down time into something I know nothing about.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo 3 models, could need some help Jul 1, 2012 03:38 AM (Total replies: 23)

I did what you and the other guy told me, it still got those damn holes in the model as soon as I add the texture.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo 3 models, could need some help Jun 26, 2012 03:12 PM (Total replies: 23)

Yes, it's old as hell. Just found it recently to see if there had been anymore replies. Still need help with it. :)

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo 3 models, could need some help Jun 23, 2012 06:40 PM (Total replies: 23)

Can you describe even more detailed?

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo 3 models, could need some help Feb 10, 2012 09:33 AM (Total replies: 23)

I'm not going to use this for a map, I'm doing some animations with some Halo models.
I've got quite a lot of Halo 3 models already that I downloaded from someone else, but it doesn't include everything I could need. So I though I would try to rip some models myself so I wouldn't need to ask someone else to do it. The only problem I've got is adding the textures correctly, I guess.

I've got some good answers that will probably solve my problems, the only thing is that I don't understand them. If they could go a little more in detail on what I should do I think the problem is solved.
(Explain it to me like I'm 5 years old).

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo 3 models, could need some help Feb 9, 2012 12:24 PM (Total replies: 23)

Damn, I'm not good at this. What's shaders and how do I look on the shader tags? :/

Time: Sun December 8, 2019 4:45 PM 172 ms.
A Halo Maps Website