A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: biernacki90
About Contact
Last Post: Jul 2, 2016 10:07 PM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:
poop

Post Statistics
biernacki90 has contributed to 49 posts out of 469503 total posts (.01%) in 3,492 days (.01 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » CMTSPV3 Released! Jul 2, 2016 10:07 PM (Total replies: 156)

Quote: --- Original message by: Super Flanker
Quote: --- Original message by: biernacki90
- absurdity -

Could you like snip?

Douchebag.

Jesus christ can you make me cringe anymore your the type of person that still thinks troll faces are still cool after a decade of being out

Halo CE General Discussion » CMTSPV3 Released! Jul 2, 2016 06:47 PM (Total replies: 156)

Quote: --- Original message by: 10TeraBytz12
Bruh the map design pretty good if you had any problem traversing the map figuring out where to go then youre probably bad at video games and should stop playing as for the encounters theyre not the best but i forgot the part where its a mod and the cannon is whatever the fuc they want it to be your biching for the sake of biching and it seems like you almost have something personal against the team me and my body know how to make proper encounters we've went to college to learn about

My head hurts....

Your head hurts because youve hit it too many times silly

Halo CE General Discussion » CMTSPV3 Released! Jul 2, 2016 06:28 PM (Total replies: 156)

Quote: --- Original message by: Ki11erFTW

Quote: --- Original message by: Higuy
Quote: --- Original message by: Zetthefourth
Quote: --- Original message by: Ki11erFTW
I don't understand the complaints here. IIRC Masterz is the original founder of CMT, the remastered SP was his idea to begin with, it only makes sense that he carries the name. Duce and lag came later, both whose work to date I am unimpressed with (CMT related anyway). '

Lag's team for B30E was very talented yes, but the map is not good, and if you knew the capabilities of open sauce or the Halo engine, you would agree. If you really need me to go into detail I will. While I agree that these efforts (both b30e and spv3) should have been put into a new campaign, SPV3 is a really solid mod, and it's a great mod for a lot of the newer Halo players to get involved with(and some old).

It was under agreement long ago that both Masterz team and Lags team share assets. It is not Masterz tacking the name CMT onto the mod, CMT literally made this mod and agreed to do so.

I really need you to go into detail

Agreed. B30:E is quite possibly the best SP map created in this community so far, how can one seriously consider it "not good"?

It is one that has had the most work and effort put into it, sure, but does that make it a good map? Especially trying to one up the original b30 with the name "evolved". But if you knew what it really could be instead of what it is now, surely you would agree. Let's begin.

Let's start with the BSP design. Being one of the people behind the scenes, I watched the entirety of the development process. The BSP was designed to be linear. They went back and added that cave system after people like myself started complaining that you couldn't explore the beaches freely. All it does is add confusion because you have an intersection of random tunnels going throughout the island. Now the over all design isn't bad on its own , but to call this an "evolution" from the original is a joke. It has become impossible to rally back to the beginning of the island for reinforcements, and it isn't as simple as going to the coast to look for ammo and supplies.

The visuals. Now Bob did an amazing job on all of the assets. They're great. However it doesn't match the abomination of a theme they went for with the BSP and scenery. The BSP has a good model, but all of the textures and poor shader usage makes it look bland and stale. Almost like a desert mixed with a forest. This is supposed to be a tropical island, and there is no reminiscent of mood from the original b30 or b30 anniversary. Combine that with the unfitting stock Halo trees and logs and this is what you get. In the original b30, bungie made a specific set of environmental assets for the island, as they did with almost every other level. However this mod pulls those assets from every map halo has, making it just look odd. I know how much work went into the lighting, the interiors look okay for up-res'd halo 1 textures and bumps. The outside looks grey and flat, bump maps are entirely absent which is the point of DLM's.

Pacing. So let's jump into the very first battle. We are instantly introduced with a mosh pit of grunts, jackals, brutes, elites, turrets, etc. what fun is this? CMT has always had this problem of wanting to make the first beach encounter a chaotic mess. This is not the control room, it's the map center. Why on earth is such a huge army here? And if there had to be one, spread it out a bit. The brutes at least should have been entirely absent until the "brute pool" at the mid section of the map. That would have been a great introduction. And again, CMT (including masters here) has this problem of throwing elites and brutes together EVERYWHERE. When the hell did these factions ever fight in the same squad? They don't. It's not friendly to the lore and its unorganized and chaotic. The encounters seem basic and unthought out. There are just piles of all types of AI everywhere.

This mod would have worked better as its own product. Not b30 and not an "evolved" version of it. It's devolved. B30 was amazing for what it is, it never needed big vehicle battle sections or sniper rifles. I give credit to the team, as we all know it took a lot of work, but all these things I mentioned were flat out ignored when brought up.

Some of the stuff within the map itself is cool(assets, new script functions, etc). But it doesn't make the map as a whole a good map. Hokiebird (wish he was here) abruptly quit the team because of the continuos ignorance of the team, to which the team replied "LOL" pretty much. Hokiebird knows what makes a good encounters and it shows in (some) of SPV3, way more so then in B30 E.

I highly recommend you play the classic SPV3 b30. I had a ton of fun with the AI, the encounters were well made, and the thought and effort into it shows. (For example, once you get to the map room section every elite is an honor guard).

I typed this from my phone so I apologize for any mistakes. I just hope the remakes are done after SPV3. Why couldn't b30 evolved be its own thing? Why did it have to be a remake of b30? This question remains unanswered.
Edited by Ki11erFTW on Jun 29, 2016 at 09:01 PM

Bruh the map design pretty good if you had any problem traversing the map figuring out where to go then youre probably bad at video games and should stop playing as for the encounters theyre not the best but i forgot the part where its a mod and the cannon is whatever the fuc they want it to be your biching for the sake of biching and it seems like you almost have something personal against the team me lastly i forgot you and your buddy know how to make proper encounters went to college to learn about it and are experts in it you must be in the military too because you seem to know a lot about how military people gaurd especially alien militaries
Edited by biernacki90 on Jul 2, 2016 at 06:44 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » CMTSPV3 Released! Jun 29, 2016 10:17 PM (Total replies: 156)

Yo this nigga always has something to say

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Mar 12, 2016 02:30 PM (Total replies: 12123)

Bruh this stream is lagging something awful

Halo CE General Discussion » CE3 2016: Looking ahead Sep 11, 2015 07:35 PM (Total replies: 154)

Quote: --- Original message by: Masters1337
SPV3 will be there with the second half of the campaign!

Woah let's not get ahead of ourselves we both know that won't be happening

implying autism makes you retarded some of you guys do act like you have aspergers which is a high functioning autist. also i remember when i was so easily offended especially on the internet. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asperger_syndrome

Quote: --- Original message by: darkrider400

why does halomaps insist on posting memes from 2007 its not cool knock that autistic crap off

Halomaps? Idiot, users post this, not the website itself. (facepalm on over 9000 levels)
Edited by darkrider400 on Jan 8, 2015 at 10:42 PM
Confirmed autist. 2015 still saying facepalm and over 9000 that makes for the most cringe worthy post

why does halomaps insist on posting memes from 2007 its not cool knock that autistic crap off

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Oct 28, 2014 10:50 PM (Total replies: 12123)

where is this being streamed that guy has not streamed in a couple of days

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Oct 26, 2014 09:26 PM (Total replies: 12123)

where is this being watched at

So we got less than 10 items left for this mod would you say theyre pretty easy to do or would you rather not give word

I going to take a wild guess that spv3 will not be released on time.

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Mar 19, 2014 03:19 AM (Total replies: 12123)

lel ur a faggit activatedtrapcard please go

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Aug 10, 2013 11:33 PM (Total replies: 12123)

i hope you realize everything falls at the same rate of speed regardless of the weight if you took a person that weighed 200lbs and a a rock that weighed 50 lbs they will hit the ground at the same speed the thing that affects how fast an object falls is wind resistance literally a feather would fall at the same rate as a tank would if it were not for wind resistance.

Halo CE General Discussion » Reach/Custom Edition Anniversary Aug 6, 2013 08:15 PM (Total replies: 27)

*post deleted by admin for rules violation
READ THE RULES:
http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=2979

Bypassed profanity filter

Edited by Dennis on Aug 6, 2013 at 09:15 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Aug 1, 2013 04:55 PM (Total replies: 12123)

do you guys feel like you guys have a finished weapon set or are you guys still working on it

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Jul 28, 2013 08:26 AM (Total replies: 12123)

Quote: --- Original message by: grunt_eater
Quote: --- Original message by: vampire_girl
Quote: --- Original message by: grunt_eater
Ooor, fix the AI so they don't shoot eachother?
https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQwv0UtOOyo9HqWX2keXl99k39uWXVALf_66YNkjvHaNPvekvqo

http://i.qkme.me/3rqgia.jpg

Seriously. It's as simple as checking a box... "avoids friendly lines of fire" or whatever...It's right there...And now that you know the problem how to fix it you could do it real quick... Like 10 seconds in guerilla...That's it...Simple...No?..Kay -_-...
. I can tell you it's not have clicked that option before and the marines would still shoot the **** out of each other

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Jul 27, 2013 09:21 PM (Total replies: 12123)

Quote: --- Original message by: Dumb AI
Quote: --- Original message by: Delicon20

Quote: --- Original message by: Slyr_Bleach
Just out of curiosity, TSC:E and the rest of SPv3 won't differ much in terms of tag-set right? If that's the case, can we still expect, for instance, the same 50-round assault rifle? Or was the 50-round AR clip something specifically designed for and endemic to TSC:E?

TSC:E and SPv3 have different (mildly different) tagsets, the most major difference being that TSC:E sports a 50 round ar, the covenant carbine, and no smg while spv3 has a 32 round ar, an smg, and no covenant carbine, with its functionality being broken down and segmented into multiple covenant weapons (3, I believe?). This is due to TSC:E's design team wanting to have gameplay that is measured by Halo 1's Standards (one weapon fills a drastically different type of functionality), and SPV3's design team wanting weapon balance to be reminiscent of newer halo games (halo 2+) meaning majority of the weapons will have a human/covenant counterpart, with functionality differing a bit for each counterpart (ie: spiker/smg being counterparts in terms of weapon balance)
Edited by Delicon20 on Jul 27, 2013 at 05:00 PM

What? There was a Carbine in a50.
M8 that was a demo

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Jul 27, 2013 08:21 PM (Total replies: 12123)

Also have you guys got any plans for stealth brutes?

Time: Mon December 9, 2019 11:58 AM 203 ms.
A Halo Maps Website