A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Link2262
About Contact
Last Post: Jun 22, 2011 06:47 PM
Interests: Drawing, Game Design, Computer Animation
Your Age: 14
What Games do you play: Halo: Combat Evolved/Custom Edition
WARNING: Hitchhikers may be escaped convicts.
Email: {hidden}

Post Statistics
Link2262 has contributed to 113 posts out of 469375 total posts (.02%) in 3,432 days (.03 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Teleporters Jun 22, 2011 06:47 PM (Total replies: 8)

There are multiple ways to make them.

1) Look at the HEK for teleporters that you texture and add in during the modeling phase of map creation.

2) The actual physical teleport is done by using Netgame Flags in Sapien. Teleport to is where you exit, and Teleport from is the spot where you enter. If you want the teleporter shields, I prefer to go fancy and use multiple colors to distinguish each teleporter. Those are scenery tags found here:

http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=1126

3) The other way (the only way for vehicles) is to use scripts for transporting vehicles. I'm sure there's a way to script players, but it's more complicated than the way Bungie has provided.

Ahh, all right. I was using selected weld. I'll try target weld. Thanks!

Quote: --- Original message by: SlappyThePirate
On the left and right sides, mabye even the top and bottom, there might be some degenerate triangles.
http://s4.postimage.org/14yer7qq9/moar.jpg

Weld B to A or C for all sides. These three-point lines are very triangular faces all in a row.
Move one of the middle (B) points around on the wall, and you might see one of the triangles.
I tried welding b to a, but this came up:

And are the triangles without edges degenerate triangles?

Ahh, all right. Thanks. I'll try it differently to see if it fixes the problem. :)

EDIT: Are the edges/vertices that I'm welding supposed to fade to black?

Edited by Link2262 on Jun 22, 2011 at 08:51 AM

I think Tool makes the .wrl file once it's found the degenerate triangles during the 'structure/collision-geometry/model' phase of creation.

I've recently discovered that degenerate triangles are caused by extrusions. Slappy, I tried welding the surfaces, but then I only got more degenerate triangles.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » One-Way Scenery/Shield Doors? Jun 16, 2011 08:09 PM (Total replies: 19)

All right, I got it textured, but it's still completely passable on each side. I think I'm done trying to get it to work.

Kirby, your idea, I'm afraid, won't work for what I need it to work for (I'm trying to make one to cover just one doorway), but I really appreciate the help.

Chrisk, I'll probably have to do that method, if I'm to do any at all.

Slappy, you're right. I've tried making multiple different collision geometries, but none have worked thus far.

Thanks to everyone who posted and/or gave ideas.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » One-Way Scenery/Shield Doors? Jun 16, 2011 10:31 AM (Total replies: 19)

Quote: --- Original message by: kirby_422
That's where the last line of my post came in. if you have an open edge, you can't compile in tool. there is a hacked version of tool that ignores the errors and will compile anyways.
I have a question. How would your original idea work? I'd have to make a large collision model that someone would walk into at some point, wouldn't I?

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » One-Way Scenery/Shield Doors? Jun 15, 2011 11:58 PM (Total replies: 19)

Thanks for the info. Though, I'm trying to make the door work in the way that once you go through one way, you can't go through the opposite. I guess I could always try that method. Thanks. :3

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » One-Way Scenery/Shield Doors? Jun 15, 2011 10:55 PM (Total replies: 19)

Well, with a shield/one way door as small as this, I'm not sure Kirby's idea would be best. I can understand how it makes sense, but at the same time, it'd have to be a large collision model for it to work. I'm going to try a 3-dimensional collision model, but with a side missing.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » One-Way Scenery/Shield Doors? Jun 15, 2011 09:51 PM (Total replies: 19)

All right, I successfully made my first .scenery file.

The only problems are, a) it's not textured, and b) it's passable through each side. I tried waffles' idea of a one-sided collision model, but I guess it won't work. The texture isn't really a concern at the moment, I'm just trying to think of a way to get the one-way idea to work. Would a 3D collision with one side missing work, perhaps?

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » One-Way Scenery/Shield Doors? Jun 13, 2011 02:45 PM (Total replies: 19)

I'm trying to make an object where you can go through it in one direction, but not the other, similar to the one way doors in Halo: Reach.

Do I just model the object as a plane (one-sided object), or take one of the sides off of a 3D shape? If not either of those, what do I do? Any and all help is appreciated.

All right, I think it's fixed. I'll have to run Tool a little later to see if it worked. Thanks!

That sounds confusing, but I think I can do that. How would I find the triangle(s)?

I tried to structure a map in Tool, but it said "###WARNING###: Found 17 degenerate triangles," followed by a list of different shaders to choose from.
What are degenerate triangles, and is there a way to fix them in 3DS Max, or do I have to start over?

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Modeling a Warship Jan 15, 2011 01:15 PM (Total replies: 31)

Sure, just let me know which one, and I can get you the file. :)

General Machinima Discussions » ODST Armoury (in progress) Nov 7, 2010 06:36 PM (Total replies: 10)

Aw, shoot, that sucks. It looked awesome!

The only thing I can think of is to go back to the modeling program and "fix" the UVW mapping. I think a "Degenerate triangle" is a surface where there isn't a UVW map.

Is that one of the cars from New Mombasa? Seems like it'd be an awesome scenery tag!

General Machinima Discussions » ODST Armoury (in progress) Nov 6, 2010 02:39 PM (Total replies: 10)

It looks like it's coming along really well. How much further have you gotten since these pictures were taken?

Halo CE General Discussion » halo3 frigate Oct 28, 2010 04:45 PM (Total replies: 107)

Quote: --- Original message by: goldkilla88
Jesse posted a Frigate tag in the scenery section, get off all your lazy mouses and click this link: http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=5546
Edited by goldkilla88 on Oct 28, 2010 at 06:58 AM

Please look into whatever it is you're posting about, before you post it. I've had that .scenery file before it was released (tag extractor), and it has no interior, and semi-decent texturing.

Sasukeuchiha119 or whatever his name is, is looking for a frigate with an interior. That's simply the shell of the In Amber Clad. Plus, Halo 3 Frigates have a much wider fuselage than the Halo 2 style, so they aren't the same.

Quite honestly Sasuke, I don't think you're going to get one unless you rip it, or model it yourself, since this thread seems to be full of arguments, and people who like to comment on the matter and brag that "they have a model of it, but they won't share it." I'll speak from experience, it's not easy to make one at all. I tried making my own, and it flopped. But if you really want it, you'd have to have the determination to make the model yourself, or find some way to contact whoever has the model you want, and get it from them.

Halo CE General Discussion » halo3 frigate Oct 14, 2010 07:31 PM (Total replies: 107)

It did, yes. But, the Asis and the Albatross were both parts of the map. The HEVs were also resting on scenery.
I'm also working on an easier way to release drop pods without the need of a script. I'm using the door_small.device_machine from the Pillar of Autumn, with edited opening time, detection radius, and delay before opening. So far, so good.

Halo CE General Discussion » halo3 frigate Oct 14, 2010 07:18 PM (Total replies: 107)

Quote: --- Original message by: sasukeuchiha119
...a h3 frigate with ODST drop pod room able to walk in the ship like rpg_beta 5 , a hanger and all the other h3 frigate details.

The Halo: CE Engine doesn't allow vehicles to be on other vehicles while they're moving, unless unused, and idle. But you need a script that allows for that.
If you were to have ODST Drop pods on a moving frigate, you would more than likely instantaneously drop. HaloGuru made a working code or something to allow people to sit on objects in Halo: CE while they move, like vehicles. But, if the vehicle is going too fast, the player/biped dies. Needless to say, a moving frigate with ODST pods that detach properly is not possible.
If it were just a frigate that was stationary, that would be possible. It would either a)be a part of the map's scenario, or b)be a .scenery file.

Time: Sun October 13, 2019 8:05 PM 250 ms.
A Halo Maps Website