A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Element
About Contact
Last Post: Sep 14, 2010 10:45 AM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:
Live to win, live to skate, live to play
Email: {hidden}

Post Statistics
Element has contributed to 28 posts out of 464921 total posts (.01%) in 3,700 days (.01 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Reach Discussion Sep 14, 2010 10:45 AM (Total replies: 1379)

Unfortunately for me, I fell sick yesterday and as a result stayed home today. Of course, after the 3 hours of extra sleep, And then I realize that getting Halo Reach will have to wait till this afternoon.

Of course I'm also loving an old 07 laptop I found which happens to run most games I could not before. :D

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Reach: Legendary, Limited, or Regular? Sep 12, 2010 10:47 PM (Total replies: 51)

The statue looks nice, but I'm only getting regular.

On the other hand, I am getting the prestige edition of CoD Black Ops cause you get something that you can actually use, plus zombie maps.

I'll work on one when I get free time and upload it when I'm finished.

If you make a device_group for both the power and position of the door, and then place a holo control in the same device_group that controls those two things, you can theoretically have a door that is locked. I've done this before, but it's really hard to explain well. If you want, I can upload a tutorial or something.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » HEK Troubles... Jun 29, 2010 10:40 PM (Total replies: 1)

Does the path exist? HEK+ won't create the directory for you, check it by clicking the gear icon.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Coming Soon - Dogs of War (Part 2) Jun 27, 2010 10:25 PM (Total replies: 28)

Downloaded it, had fun. Lots of it too. If only the AI synced, but hey, no one can resist CE AI teammates.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Coming Soon - Dogs of War (Part 2) Jun 25, 2010 11:07 PM (Total replies: 28)

Your storylines I have always found interesting... you should definitely try writing Halo fan fiction,

As for this map, I would download it, but my PC specs are probably under the minimum. A 128 MB GFX card won't suffice me here.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » New map protection technique Jun 22, 2010 06:41 AM (Total replies: 59)

Quote: --- Original message by: colter13

Quote: --- Original message by: Element
Dissembly and Decompiling the executable file for the protection is all one needs to creak it open. Unless you manage to encode your program with EXTREME protection, you will never get an "unbreakable" protection.

Oh by the way, what are you using to make this? I hope not Visual Basic or C#, because it is extremely easy to open an EXE made with one of those.

What does this have to do with executable programs? We're talking about map files not computer programs.
And it's equally easy to open .NET programs as it is for native applications; .NET programs are just easier to understand after they have been compiled.

@Skidprow I'm not understanding what you want since you refuse to send me one of you "super-protected" maps.
Edited by colter13 on Jun 21, 2010 at 11:29 PM

Well obviously you need to build a program that actually protects a map with this type of protection... unless you have a better idea?

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » New map protection technique Jun 21, 2010 09:28 PM (Total replies: 59)

Dissembly and Decompiling the executable file for the protection is all one needs to creak it open. Unless you manage to encode your program with EXTREME protection, you will never get an "unbreakable" protection.

Oh by the way, what are you using to make this? I hope not Visual Basic or C#, because it is extremely easy to open an EXE made with one of those.

By forum, I think he meant topic, as it's a common misconception.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Need some help here Jun 13, 2010 09:59 PM (Total replies: 0)

Well, using the A30 beam emitters as a base, I'm trying to make a beam like that, but it doesn't end. As in, it starts from one point, then continuously keeps generating. It's for part of my Classic Revival campaign. Think of it like the Covenant Projector Beam on the last part of the Halo 2 level Regret.

How would I make it so it never ends?

Halo CE General Discussion » Crazy Idea Jun 9, 2010 10:38 PM (Total replies: 4)

Alright, I've had this idea for some time. I've always wondered if I could make Halo into another type of game. It'd be awesome if Halo had what I do for a living.

And that's skateboarding.

Of course, that's not a simple task, I realize that. In fact, how could you even go about doing this? For one, I think you'd probably have to create an entire model animations file for tricks you can do.

Second, is it even possible for this to sync perfectly online? Better yet, is it possible to have a functioning skateboard? I don't mean like you know, just riding, I mean being able to ollie, kickflip, heelflip, grind (doubt that) by using some mechanism like a Banshee boost.

Also, I realize there are NO skateboard models or anything of that matter. If this idea were to work, I would download Gmax and try and figure something out. A skateboard shouldn't be THAT hard to try a model... but who am I to tell.

The point being is, if you think this idea can work, then I'll try and see what I can do. However, if it WON'T work, I won't waste my time. I also could use a team with this, so if you're interested you can hit me up on my Xfire (zack3049).

Okay, so yeah, what are your views on this?

Halo CE General Discussion » Map Maker Needed! Jun 9, 2010 10:20 PM (Total replies: 50)

Yeah, maybe you could do it in a way that doesn't make you seem like an ass?

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » MW Bipeds, and Halo 3 ODST city models Jun 7, 2010 10:22 PM (Total replies: 32)

Quote: --- Original message by: Gamma927
http://www.xfire.com/video/26275b/

Old vid is old.

Well it's nice and all, but the purpose of Halo... is to deviate from Call of Duty. It doesn't look right or feel right using modern weapons in a futuristic game.

Though, if someone put an old Winchester Rifle from like the 1800s in the game, that would be funny.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Please Read ._. Jun 7, 2010 10:14 PM (Total replies: 19)

Quote: --- Original message by: ThE EmO
um...i dont really understand most of the HEK stuff (just some but...i know what the other things do :D) cuz like i am only like...12(turning 13 :D)

Kind of an unlegit excuse, cause I'm 12, and I understand it mostly. (And I only spend a few hours at a PC per day)

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » HEK+ doesn't work Jun 5, 2010 11:01 PM (Total replies: 6)

TBH Dennis, I shouldn't be running XP SP2, but actually I am. I have been for 8 years. I need to update my PC, but right now I have other things that are more important. D:

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » cmon help Jun 5, 2010 09:33 PM (Total replies: 1)

Problem A: Your AR ammo tags are corrupt as "Reached the End of the File" means it hit an unexpected end of the file thus corrupting it. To fix, go RECURSIVELY extract a campaign map from HPC (or any of Renamon's campaign conversions) using HEK+.

Problem B: Not much of a problem, but your sniper animations don't match the default ones. Though the first solution for problem A should help fix that.

Hope it helps.

Halo CE General Discussion » Xfire Jun 4, 2010 11:07 PM (Total replies: 24)

So I just got this program called Xfire and made an account. I've heard it's better than MSN or AIM because it integrates into your games, or whatever that means.

If anyone plays Halo and wants to add me, you can. My username is zack3049. I don't care who adds me. I would like company you know. :D

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Scripts Jun 4, 2010 11:04 PM (Total replies: 3)

You need to put them in the data\levels folder that corresponds to your scenario path.

So if you had a scenario located in the tags\levels\test\sample\sample.scenario,
you would put the HSC files in
data\levels\test\sample\scripts

The data folder is NOT in your tags folder, it's in the main CE directory. Once you put them there, go to Sapien and compile. If it finds errors, just correct them in the file.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » HEK+ CMT Error Jun 4, 2010 10:56 PM (Total replies: 4)

Yeah, the one I use is the one with the installer. You could try that. Otherwise, you might have to redownload HEK+. It's possible some file got corrupted. If it was the map file then HEK+ wouldn't even load it probably.

Time: Wed July 15, 2020 11:58 PM 516 ms.
A Halo Maps Website