A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Ifafudafi
About Contact
Last Post: Today @ 05:34 PM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:
AIM:
MSN IM:
Yahoo IM:

Post Statistics
Ifafudafi has contributed to 118 posts out of 430660 total posts (.03%) in 1,717 days (.07 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:

Quote: --- Original message by: RabbitFood
I'm at the big hallway with the *SPOILER ALERT*, and I have no idea how to get past that.

it's much simpler than you think

the compass points north

the letter indicates the direction the wielder is currently facing

do you think we'd mess up a navigational feature in a level called "silent cartographer" ??
Edited by Ifafudafi on Mar 3, 2015 at 11:49 PM

Quote: --- Original message by: TailsTheGamer
Another easter egg/how to get it as well as a large lvl skip.

I like how this Speed run skip still kinda exists. Just very different.

Similar though but different.

Pretty much a spoiler of an Easter Egg.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6ypyOdb6jE

I can pretty safely say that absolutely nobody expected you to get there in that way

I love watching this stuff. this is really cool stuff.

e:
Quote: --- Original message by: Ubermaniac
Wasn't their supposed to be armour abilities?

http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=47020&start=137

Edited by Ifafudafi on Mar 3, 2015 at 01:38 PM

I take it you don't mean in the Halo:CE readme, because I've checked that.

tsc:e readme

to spare everyone: http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=6798 is the 1.10 patch. if in doubt, run this after a fresh custom edition install

Do I have to download the patch or is it on autopatch?

I had to download it manually, so if you haven't done that you might want to give it a shot

There's a link to it in the readme if you can't find it easily on the website

Quote: --- Original message by: Zetren
Found a typo in the pdf.. "master cheif"

this is not a typo

we did it, guys

Quote: --- Original message by: Spawn
I know that TSC:E and SPV3 are different things, but do any of them share the same tags/are going to share the same tags?

if by "tags" you just mean any of them, both projects share most art assets (models, textures, effects, hud, etc.), with a few minor stylistic deviations (like the BR display). the source release will include everything that TSC:E uses, which is the vast majority of currently-extant CMT content (that isn't scenario-specific)

the main differentiating factor tag-wise is gameplay behavior (i.e. weapon, vehicle, character tag values). for hopefully obvious reasons, the TSC:E source release won't include the SPv3 versions of this stuff

as an extra bonus though, the TSC:E source release will most likely include at least some of the prototype stuff that's near-fully functioning but never made it into the map; otherwise it'll just sit there on our hard drives wasting away forever and that's no fun

And the map is almost out.

^

We're close enough now (and the map has "proven" to exist and be a real thing enough now) that the enjoyment of discovering all the new surprises in the map far outweighs the short term satisfaction of seeing a few more seconds of gameplay, I'd think. plus we have a launch trailer completed and ready to go as soon as the day arrives

A benefit of having had uh, 6? more months of development than we'd expected is that the TSC:E of februrary 2015 is significantly more stable, polished, and fully-featured than the TSC:E of august 2014 would have been. Even just yesterday we managed to hunt down and put a clamp on an issue that'd been plaguing the mod for months (one which I had fully expected us to have to ship with).

It's not just good news for the map; it means that the eventual source release of TSC:E and all its content is likely going to not only be the largest and most comprehensive custom tag release in years; it's also going to be one of the most stable, well-organized, and well-documented. (when I look back at our folder structure for a50 2012 I can't stop myself cringing in embarrasment. it's really ugly.)

not to mention, we've had time to cram in all kinds of fun hidden secrets, including a very large one I really can't wait for people to discover

on my birthday, i was working on tsc:e

cmt is so dead and tsc:e is so cancelled that I'm now at the point where it's time to get started with serious work on a tsc:e launch trailer

I hope that properly communicates how cancelled the project is

Quote: --- Original message by: NeX
Go read a few pages back, the whole TSC:E team is gone for good :(

why do people willingly spread misinformation like this

Quote: --- Original message by: Mootjuh
So basically if one were to want to use original pistol in SP he would have to rename it and recompile the SP map?

yep

Quote: --- Original message by: stunt_man
...something that Jason Jones said about the H1 pistol: "I added code specifically, when the map was loaded, to change a single number on the pistol"

for the curious:

When building a singleplayer map, tool specifically seeks out weapons/pistol/pistol.weapon, and weapons/pistol/bullet.damage_effect, and changes them before compiling them into the map.

pistol/bullet.damage_effect's damage modifier vs. elite energy shield is reduced from 1.0 to 0.8

pistol/pistol.weapon's error angle upper bound is reduced from 2.0 to 0.4 degrees (this is likely the magic jason jones change). So instead of starting at an 0.2 degree cone and ending at a 2.0 degree cone -- 10 times less accurate -- it merely goes from 0.2 to 0.4. Big change!

You can observe this in action by compiling a singleplayer map yourself with the stock HEK tags, which have the "old" values; looking at the memory while the map's running will reveal these tags to have the newer values, as will looking at them after extracting them from a built map with HEK+. (you can also verify this by just shooting walls with weapons/pistol/pistol.weapon and a clone .weapon located elsewhere)

Here's the fun part though: when building a multiplayer map, tool does nothing. Instead, when h1 xbox loads a multiplayer map, it will change the values as they're being loaded into memory. The kicker? Halo PC doesn't do this. (I've verified this on Custom Edition; I'm 95% sure regular HPC is also like this.) Halo PC multiplayer still uses the old Pistol max error of 2.0 degrees.

So, all along, PC MP players have been using the older, non-JJones-tampered version of the Pistol. Of course, pulling the trigger for every bullet (rather than holding it for automatic fire) completely bypasses the accuracy decrease, apparently by design according to this guy; so practically, the JJones change isn't as significant as it may seem.

Less known but arguably more significant is that plasma rifle/plasma rifle.weapon is also modified in the same way, having its error reduced from 0.5-5.0 degrees to 0.25-2.5 degrees; i.e., the HPC multiplayer PR is effectively half as accurate as its campaign & xbox MP counterpart

(you may resume badposting now)

I recommend playing at the fov most comfortable to you

Quote: --- Original message by: Higuy
...a completely custom level (which I still don't understand why they haven't done yet).

Quote: --- Original message by: Mootjuh
As for no custom maps.. lack of resources I guess?

when picking what to do next, tsc:e team elected to try tsc:e due to concerns about both the team's inexperience with from-scratch level & encounter design, and the potential resource pitfalls (not to mention quality issues) that could come from a completely new story and completely new dialogue. considering how long tsc:e's taken, I think the decision was justified; to be honest I don't think the team as it was in 2012 was properly equipped to pull off something on a fully-custom scale at the level of quality and coherence at which we'd be comfortable shipping. working on this thing has caused everybody involved to jump up so many levels of skill & experience

with that said, the beach and cartographer field areas that we've shown are easily the two most "traditional" pieces of level design in the map. pretty much everything else (barring 1 (and a half) very pointedly deliberate lifts from the stock level) was designed more with a general "where are we on the pacing curve right now" "what can we throw at player that they haven't seen yet" mindset, taking inspiration less from the actual structure of b30 and more from mood and pace. it hasn't taken it's-getting-close-to 3 years to make for nothing

Quote: --- Original message by: Echo77
It's like they think it's one of those things where you try to guess how many candies are in the jar to win a prize.

except there's no prize

if it makes anyone feel better, some things accomplished since the christmas video while waiting for these stupidly slow renders:

-very cool god ray hack in a place you guys haven't seen yet
-significantly improved sand and grass shaders
-new animations for player driving the wraith
-a much-needed second pass to vehicle weapon trigger damage (camera recoil)
-many bugfixes and optimizations
-And More!

so the upshot to the lighting taking way longer than anything should reasonably take is that we're spending the intervening time polishing whatever we can

I may as well ask here

it would be very cool if somebody could get precise shots/kill counts (divided into shots/shields & shots/hp) for whatever guns are in the beta. it would be extra cool if somebody could get footage of firing into walls at a reasonable distance to measure both regular and ads accuracy of the guns. I don't have an xo and am unable to do this myself, but am very interested to see exactly what these changes are

Quote: --- Original message by: ColateralDamage
So, are you guys going to have high bloom by default, or will we have to use Open Sauce settings or Sweet FX to do that?

By default, the bloom will be present but fairly subdued; the christmas video uses these settings. If you want more, we've added an option in the pause menu that cranks it up much higher

Quote: --- Original message by: Infinite Guardian
Is the new Hunter "actually" finished now?

yes

when we're saying that the lighting is the absolute last thing left, we mean it

Time: Thu March 5, 2015 6:55 PM 203 ms.
A Halo Maps Website