A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Vokes
About Contact
Last Post: Dec 8, 2015 10:50 AM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:
BBQ AT BOB'S PLACE

Post Statistics
Vokes has contributed to 23 posts out of 469450 total posts (0.00%) in 3,418 days (.01 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Online Dec 8, 2015 10:50 AM (Total replies: 2780)

Quote: --- Original message by: Fatpanda
Quote: --- Original message by: Vokes
This thread is hilariously retarded.... I don't understand why people are dissin on this game?? It's just fellow fans of Halo. Have some fun and play the damn game. It ain't that bad.

Dude the reason why were dissin dis game its becuz u cant create BSP maps, vehicles and making custom content. And AI dont have pathfindin which is crap...With halo ce u can add AI in mp.

but facepunch wastin their time supportin eldorito....it doesnt even make sense halo ce got all the tools but facepunch dont wanna join halo ce. They decided to team up freakin eldorito.
Give it time... jeez you kids expect everything... Mommy and daddy don't have to help you anymore. You're 18 now son.

Hey, I'll gladly help with some of the voices. I'll email them to you tomorrow.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo: Composition Dec 7, 2015 08:59 AM (Total replies: 402)

The CE3 demo was incredible, sorta gave off the Winter Contingency (single player mission) vibe from Halo Reach. Wish it was H3 tagsets, never liked the H4 design. Either way, the backdrop was insanely beautiful and the gameplay seemed like it made good use of the environment, especially with that small "defend the base" scenario. I hate when developers make exquisite battlegrounds but the user ends up clearing the enemies or speedruns (don't even get me started with that ****) through it in mere minutes. Remember the Covenant dropships coming down wave after wave on a30 on Halo 1? Or at the beginning of Outskirts on Halo 2?? We need more of those! That's what keeps players in a specific environment (literally confines them until they complete the objective) so that they remember it and make use of whatever is available. That's what map design is all about!

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Online Dec 7, 2015 08:16 AM (Total replies: 2780)

This thread is hilariously retarded.... I don't understand why people are dissin on this game?? It's just fellow fans of Halo. Have some fun and play the damn game. It ain't that bad.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo CE: Reach tags beta release Dec 7, 2015 07:03 AM (Total replies: 22)

I think they look pretty damn good. How are some of the people in here saying the hud is wrong??

Halo CE General Discussion » What is going on with SPV3? Dec 6, 2015 08:34 AM (Total replies: 13)

God damn guys... Quit trolling the OP.

To answer your question, yes CMT is still working on it. He (masterz) posts videos on youtube and updates his twitter regularly. Here's the most recent video literally 4 days ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99mPyzEMZns

Halo CE General Discussion » Lumoria Episode 1 : Released! Nov 29, 2010 04:24 PM (Total replies: 628)

Hey how do I type in a command to get this game started? Sorry for asking, but I haven't used Halo CE for well over 6 months.

Halo CE General Discussion » -TM Mapping Team's "Project Lumoria"- Aug 13, 2010 12:24 AM (Total replies: 884)

Quote: --- Original message by: Higuy
Lumoria is a "canon" world (stores data), constructed from an origional planet into what it is now by the forerunners. The large amount of water is used to cool down the large amount of forerunner technology and data of the planet. The planet was constructed before the founding of the Flood.

It has 2 orbiting moons, a bigger desolate one and a bit smaller one with a cold environment similar to Pluto. A natural phenomenon you can see from the smaller moon is part of the atmosphere not being contained. Small streaks of blue falls off into the planet into space.
Pretty good environmental plotting, Higuy.

Also, the sky looks TOO good for Halo! Excellent, excellent job on the sky art, Con. The cloud effects look amazing.

Halo CE General Discussion » -TM Mapping Team's "Project Lumoria"- Aug 6, 2010 03:51 PM (Total replies: 884)

When can we expect to see another vidoc release?

Halo CE General Discussion » [WIP] Halo 3 UI v1 (beta testers needed) Aug 6, 2010 03:49 PM (Total replies: 12)

Quote: --- Original message by: Skyancez3o4
this looks great. I sent you a PM because I dont have/use xfire.
I just did the same thing.

Halo CE General Discussion » [Map Release] Pitfall Aug 3, 2010 04:44 AM (Total replies: 74)

Quote: --- Original message by: Hydrogen
well i got a surpirse for you all.

i edited the lights to :D
Just add the same amount of trees and rocks for scenery, and then I'll be even more happy than I am now.

Just a few questions...

Can we expect to see any custom-made MP maps from you? And with those custom MP maps, can we expect to see the same weapon sets from ASCMa10, and perhaps some new vehicles, more new weapons, etc.?
Edited by Vokes on Aug 3, 2010 at 04:41 AM

Early access release at modacity FTW!

Besides that, the gameplay itself was overall, very fun. I'm glad to say I used more plasma/alien weapons than human weapons for once.

For example, the Plasma Pistol still acts the same, but it just looks and feels so much more "cleaner" than before.

Another example (which I personally think is the best example), is the Plasma Rifle. It looks absolutely awesome now, and it acts more like a rifle, rather than an SMG. The plasma projectiles themselves look much better now, and blood decals from said projectiles look great.

One, final example, would be the Needler. The projectiles seem faster, look much better, and overall act better than before. It just seems like it's even more powerful than it originally was, which is fine with me!

For new weapons like the Plasma Spread (or whatever it's called), I like the idea of the weapon, but I personally just don't like to use it that much. Same goes for the SMG, but I was never a fan of the SMG in Halo 2 or Halo 3.

Finally, the Magnum and the Assault Rifle both are weapons I occasionally to frequently use, as they are both still considerably good. But, like I said before, I'm starting to prefer the plasma weapons more than the human weapons thanks to this mod.

Halo CE General Discussion » -TM Mapping Team's "Project Lumoria"- Jul 26, 2010 09:46 PM (Total replies: 884)

Quote: --- Original message by: Advancebo
Quote: --- Original message by: Vokes
I believe the Hunters anti-vehicle defense abilities should be improved through various animations and such.

One animation move would be if a Warthog was barreling towards a Hunter at a considerable to fast speed the Hunter would thrust it's shield right into the Hog to either stop it on it's tracks or perhaps flip it. That, or it could just shoot it's fuel rod cannon right under the wheels to flip it.

Another animation move would be the unreleased Brute animation in which a Brute would grab the side of a non-moving Warthog and would then flip it. Too bad that was cut in the final build of Halo 3 (or at least I think it was).

Animations wont allow such things, its just animations, nothing physical involved.
I'm sorry, but why wouldn't the animations I suggested work in the game?

Wouldn't it already have the physical properties to perform such a move?

Halo CE General Discussion » -TM Mapping Team's "Project Lumoria"- Jul 26, 2010 06:13 PM (Total replies: 884)

I believe the Hunters anti-vehicle defense abilities should be improved through various animations and such.

One animation move would be if a Warthog was barreling towards a Hunter at a considerable to fast speed the Hunter would thrust it's shield right into the Hog to either stop it on it's tracks or perhaps flip it. That, or it could just shoot it's fuel rod cannon right under the wheels to flip it.

Another animation move would be the unreleased Brute animation in which a Brute would grab the side of a non-moving Warthog and would then flip it. Too bad that was cut in the final build of Halo 3 (or at least I think it was).

Halo CE General Discussion » -TM Mapping Team's "Project Lumoria"- Jul 25, 2010 01:07 PM (Total replies: 884)

Just a simple suggestion, but I think it'd be nice if the past two vidocs were edited into the OP for everyone's convenience when viewing this thread.

Besides that, vidoc #1 was just plain awesome. The scenery, the overall environment, the color art. It just looks all so beautiful.

Vidoc #2 though... That was just plain amazing! The gameplay, the encounters, the weapon sets. It all matches so well to form a unique gameplay experience. And to think, that was only raw footage. I can't wait to see and play the final product release of Project Lumoria. It's just going to be too damn good (just like Halo 1!).

Halo CE General Discussion » Another Stupid Campaign Mod for Halo CE Jul 5, 2010 12:14 PM (Total replies: 46)

Although I will soon reply to the OP of this thread in detail and whatnot, I would like to directly reply to this post.

In my opinion, your redone Needler looks completely beautiful. The effects for the needles themselves (when fired of course) look amazing, and the super combine explosions just look insane. Great job on the Needler, and I certainly can't wait for more overviews of your weapons. : )

Time: Tue November 12, 2019 4:47 AM 218 ms.
A Halo Maps Website