A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: ilyasw
About Contact
Last Post: Mar 1, 2013 10:54 AM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play: Halo Custom Edition
Smile, Tomorrow could be worse Xfire:Ilya108
Email: {hidden}

Post Statistics
ilyasw has contributed to 244 posts out of 469347 total posts (.05%) in 3,362 days (.07 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » New Firefight Idea Mar 1, 2013 10:54 AM (Total replies: 19)

Quote: --- Original message by: MoooseGuy
Lol no worries mate. You can get to the pelican by using debug camera and cheat_teleport_to_camera as well.
For doing singleplayer work, your map is going to be entirely based in script. Start scripting out the basics using other maps as an example, and look at other firefight maps for more detail about inner workings.

Okay, can you link me to a guide for starting off then, as it has honestly been too long since I've done anything on the HEK, I need to know how to start it off, what to do in Sapien first, aas well as scritps (scripts have always been my weakpoint) you said before about Descent being unprotected, the script for that could help me?

A little blurb on starting up would help me more than anything as I'd be able to start off and then just find the answers on my own.

God it has been far too long -sigh-

I feel like a newbie

EDIT: I've set the .scenario as a single player map in guerilla, what would I need to do now, in terms of player starting points and placements of objects.

I've looked into the script but it seems all complex to me, could a simple breakdown be in order to help me understand what I'd need to do
Edited by ilyasw on Mar 1, 2013 at 11:02 AM

Edit2: Okay, so firing positions has come back to my head, I need to place a bunch of them linked to each AI... Uhm...

Head hurting now...
Edited by ilyasw on Mar 1, 2013 at 11:04 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » New Firefight Idea Mar 1, 2013 10:24 AM (Total replies: 19)

No, you have to start the animation from the same place that the dropship is placed in Sapien. Otherwise, you risk colliding with walls or objects, and/or completely missing the drop zone.

I want it to start off map though, so I'll have to place 2 Pelicans, one out of the map and the other in the map, one to fly to the other, then start recording, do my thing, and then stop recording, that's the only compromise I can see working...

Edit: Urkkk, it's obviously been a while since I've done anything on HEK, how would I go about sorting the basis of the Firefight map, I've set the .scenario in Guerilla to Single player, but upon opening the .scenario in Sapien, I appear to have had a complete brain fart and forgotten how to do single player work D:

I feel like such an idiot at the minute.

Edited by ilyasw on Mar 1, 2013 at 10:47 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » New Firefight Idea Mar 1, 2013 09:20 AM (Total replies: 19)

But it does matter where the dropship is initially.
The best results come if you record right after you get into the dropship. Recordings are based on movement, not location.

That's confusing, what if it ends up colliding with things? Would it be safer to place it in map so I can access it, then fly out to start point, hit record, fly route to landing zone, stop recording, then start recording and fly out to end point, then stop recording for both the different fly in/fly out sets I want?

Halo CE General Discussion » New Firefight Idea Mar 1, 2013 08:30 AM (Total replies: 19)

Quote: --- Original message by: The Lodeman
You would have to load yourself into the pelican first, then hit the record button, do your flying, press stop.
Also, you can do it in several steps. You could do your "fly-in" seperately from your "fly-out". If I recall correctly, recorded animations are relative to your position. So it doesn't exactly matter "where" you record them.

What do you mean by it doesn't matter where I record them? I'm confused

Halo CE General Discussion » New Firefight Idea Feb 28, 2013 12:00 PM (Total replies: 19)

Links and any general tips please?
What scripts would I need to spawn marines in the cargo seats of the ships then to exit at the landing of the ship?

Sorry I'm asking a lot its just been a while since I've done anything on HEK and also I'm on my phone currently gathering information so when I get home I can get straight to it

EDIT: Can you link me to the animations recorder please?
Edited by ilyasw on Feb 28, 2013 at 01:58 PM

EDIT2: Found it, how do I use it? Would I place a Pelican in map, compile it, then run map, fly Pelican to desired start position, hit record, fly to destination, stay for a few seconds, fly off to end position then hti stop recording?
Edited by ilyasw on Feb 28, 2013 at 02:26 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » New Firefight Idea Feb 28, 2013 11:41 AM (Total replies: 19)

Ah right, is there a complete guide then for doing the dropships? Like a start to end result kind of like a beginners guide?

Halo CE General Discussion » New Firefight Idea Feb 28, 2013 09:46 AM (Total replies: 19)

No problemo, lol.

No Remorse looks like a good choice to me as well. There's a good deal of gameplay variation in there. However, you may want to block off some of the interiors, as they (and the ladders they contain) can serve as camping choke points.

For increasing pelicans over time, you will need to have your recordings done (let's say 3 for example). Early on, you run one recording on one pelican via script, and script out the hovering, dropping of troops, flying out, etc. over time you just run the other pelicans in parallel to the first one, carefully timing it so you don't have any weird waiting-around issues.

Increasing the amount of enemies over time is easier than changing enemy types over time. All you gotta do is spawn the encounters you spawned in earlier rounds in addition to the new encounters.

Firefight Descrnt is unprotected, and even includes the script file in the zip. Have at it.

And yes, you can drop ODSTs, just make sure you have recorded/custom animations for the pods. Or heck, just spawn them in the sky and watch them drop lol.
Edited by MoooseGuy on Feb 28, 2013 at 09:38 AM

For the ODSTs I'd want predefined LZ' rather than just lazily spawning them up in the sky and seeing what happens and going with that, more scripts I assume? (I'm replying from my mobile atm so I won't be able to do anything or check anything until I get home.

Is Lod3x's guide to dropships for FF on this site any good to use? I downloaded it but didn't get to check it before I set off.

Also I'm looking to use a H3 tagset, starting with the ODSTs Gamma gave me ages ago (I still cherish them even if they have been released/edited by others as I made some nice changes to them)

Where would I find good tags for H3 anyways?
I have ODSTs already, and I'm still searching for Halo 3 marines that are any good (as last time I was on this site a couple years back thhe only marines available had white plain hands and it looked unappealing for me)

I still have all the weapons I had from ages ago as I managed to retain my tags folder after all these years :D

Edit: also I was planning on blocking most interiors as it would seem unfair to provide camping spots when there is plenty of outsdie space for the player to navigate, I was thinking of having just 1-2 interiors accessible for ammo/health respawns. I don't want to have a random weapon thing, just weapons you spawn with and weapons you scavenge. Of course one of the issues I have with NR is the skybox, I don't exactly know how big/small it is, I could test this by spawning a 'Shee and flying around in game couldn't I?

I don't want to have "leave this area or die in 3 seconds" prompts as they seem like unnecessary extra work to me, I'll compromise by blocking areas like interiors off with scenery or something.

Also is it possible to make it so a door to a room unlocks at a certain time for a brief period? As I felt with Descent it was possible to just camp around the ammo area letting everything come to you and just gun it down with my weapon stash I weapon juggled into that room. I wanna try and limit how much the player has accessibility to ammo and instead make the player scavenge weapons from the enemies

Also permissions to use H3 assets from Descent? Who would I credit if so? I was only thinking of making it a personal project for myself and a friend or two, but talking to you has got my creativity flowing and making me want to make something for the community, as I have never done anything major before, just some tagwork with Gamma's aid and personal usage map modifications
Edited by ilyasw on Feb 28, 2013 at 10:16 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » New Firefight Idea Feb 28, 2013 09:25 AM (Total replies: 19)

I saw your request for a reply so I'll go ahead an post in here.
Unfortunately I will not be able to work in something like this, as I am already overloaded with FFPortent2, a possible SP map, life stuff, etc.

To make a map like this, you will first and foremost need to acquire the means and the knowledge to script. Singleplayer maps live and breathe through script. Without them, the map is useless. If you aren't too confident in modeling a BSP, you could request the help of a member who knows how to make a good one, or you could always re-use an existing one. Hell, I have this funny idea, and it involves using a BSP and bipeds from UnevenElefant's canceled Innie level. See if you can get in contact with the guy. Also, because there is now the ability to do recorded animations for dropships, you can download the tool for that on this site and try doing some recordings ingame. It's a bit wonky though, and doesn't work on some machines (including mine). If it doesn't work, see if you can find someone to record then for you on a working machine.

Thank you for looking into this, I did ask for you to have a look and give me an opinion on what you thought of it. Pelican dropships should be a lot easier to do than Covie dropships (Both Phantom and Spirit) and the Pelican bay door is always open in gameplay anyway so that shouldn't be too much of a hassle. It's just knowing all the scripting and setting up waves etc etc...

I know that increasing the amount of Pelicans that spawn over time would be possible as you have that on Descent (BEST FIREFIGHT EVER BTW)

I was thinking about using No Remorse http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=1759 as the basis for this map as it's 1) Already made so no work needs to be done on a .bsp and 2) Features open spaces like the beach for Dropships to land as well as rooftops for them to land Marines onto roofs.

So I basically need to know how to make Pelican flightpaths, increasing amount over time, increasing amount of enemies over time as well as equip them with stronger weapons over time.

What I don't want however is stat changes like the original Halo Firefights had, just increased amount of enemies.

Would it be possible to learn how to do any of this from the scripting from Firefight Descent? Also is Descent protected?

And one last thing, a bonus round implementation, would it be possible to have ODSTs drop in their pods as a bonus round?

Thank you for replying MooseGuy

Halo CE General Discussion » New Firefight Idea Feb 28, 2013 07:51 AM (Total replies: 19)

I was hoping that this thread would peak the interest of the map making side of the community, guys like MooseGuy, and the group of people who worked on the best Firefight map out there, Descent.

Although this idea may stem from my love of the Pelican dropship (mainly the Halo 1,2 and 3 versions as I didn't care much for the Reach or Halo 4 Pelican) and how they aren't used as much as they should have been, or that they are, but just in the distance or w.e.

I do feel like there would be a sense of awesomeness about having 2-3 or maybe 4 Pelicans dropping off near you to drop Marines who want your blood.

That Epsilon campaign I linked above has just really made my day as it's an AMAZING campaign, albeit a short one.

Halo CE General Discussion » New Firefight Idea Feb 27, 2013 07:57 PM (Total replies: 19)

Okay, I've been unactive for AGES, but recently got into playing this game again.

After playing the Epsilon campaign map I got a really good idea
It's basically the wave feature at the end of this campaign but expanded into an actual firefight style gameplay.
http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=5565 if you can't be bothered to search for yourselves.

A good Firefight idea in my opinion would be a rouge Spartan Vs marines, they airdrop in on Pelicans like normal firefight (Covenant in on Phantoms etc...)

Like the wave thing on the Epsilon map each round the Marines grow more numerous (but no stat changes) and gain better weaponary.

Perhaps a good map for this would be No Remorse? Marines can land on the beaches and the roofs of buildings in Pelicans.

Hey maybe even for bonus rounds we could get ODST drop pods onto you?

I really think this could be a good idea that I would do myself, but due to being inactive and not playing this game for so long I wouldn't have the skills to do this myself, plus there are people who do amazing Firefights like Mooseguy who could do a real good job of this.

This would be a completely new thing for the majority of this forum, as I've never seen an idea like this apart from in the map I linked above.

Throughout the Halo series I've always wanted to have human enemies (without playing as Covenant) and this campaign satisfied that itch for me so I'd recommend it even if you think the rest of what I'm saying is bull.

Also, Hi guys, been a while

Halo 2 Vista General Discussion » Make any weapon dual wield Jun 7, 2012 08:25 AM (Total replies: 2)

Is there any way to make any weapon able to dual wield in Halo 2 vista?

I have done it using Gravemind by checking the "Can be dual wielded" box but in game the left handed weapon gets held at an impossible angle and there is no prompt to actually pick up the second weapon.

How do I fix both of these issues?

Halo CE General Discussion » HALPSZZ!!!111ONE!!11 Mar 4, 2012 06:24 PM (Total replies: 4)

Quote: --- Original message by: ChocolateNugget
First off your title is nondescript and immature.

Secondly, reinstall those maps making sure you don't have any others by the same name. Also exit xfire if you're using Open Sauce.

I know for a fact its not the maps because the same installation worked on my friend's PC.
I now know what the faut was, it was that the whole game was in the wrong file path (as I have 2 program files folders on my C drive)

Halo CE General Discussion » Urgent help needed Mar 4, 2012 10:45 AM (Total replies: 6)

Quote: --- Original message by: kirby_422
So, you're using 3.0.3? I know back during the 2.5.0 beta (which changed alot without changing numbers) at one point there was a map_name issue. If you got one of the leaks, that could be your problem (plus, you'd have to update anyways to play any maps not made with 2.5).

I downlaoded the official one off this site, then used my key, for both machines, it didn't work on my machine but worked on his machine even though we're on the same OS.

Halo CE General Discussion » Urgent help needed Mar 4, 2012 10:21 AM (Total replies: 6)

Quote: --- Original message by: olly12345
Quote: --- Original message by: ilyasw
Have you got any other a50.map files in your maps?

It does this with ANYTHING I try and open with map_name
It works on my friends comp using all the same files as mine, just doesn't work on my system.

Have you tried a reinstall?
Also, does it crash when you start a map without console?

Reinstalled/updated multiple times, maps load when playing MP, just campaign and map_name doesn't work :\

Halo CE General Discussion » Urgent help needed Mar 4, 2012 10:03 AM (Total replies: 6)

Have you got any other a50.map files in your maps?

It does this with ANYTHING I try and open with map_name
It works on my friends comp using all the same files as mine, just doesn't work on my system.

Halo CE General Discussion » Urgent help needed Mar 4, 2012 08:12 AM (Total replies: 6)

Can somebody please help me, whenever I try and start up a campaign via a campaign enabled UI it gets stuck on the select difficulty screen, and whenever I start up ANY map via "Map_name" it will cause either a permanent black screen (untill process is ended) or an exception error.

Please any help would be appreciated, as I REALLY wanna play CMT v3 :(

Thankies

EDIT: Just tested the same install on my friends computer which uses the same OS as me (Win 7 64bit) and it worked. So it must be something to do with my computer, I just need to know specifically what though, as all the Halo files on both computers are the same.
Edited by ilyasw on Mar 4, 2012 at 08:16 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » HALPSZZ!!!111ONE!!11 Mar 4, 2012 01:53 AM (Total replies: 4)

Whenever I start a single player campaign level via "Map_name" It goes to a black screen/ exceptions, help me pleasse :(

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Oct 24, 2011 09:15 PM (Total replies: 12123)

I thought CMT stood for Community mapping team?

Halo CE General Discussion » Paid to make a map Aug 13, 2011 04:58 PM (Total replies: 48)

Quote: --- Original message by: Jaz

Quote: --- Original message by: vmt
Dragons?

Dragon's Den reference, TV show we got here in Britain...

But Dragons Den has people offering money, not taking money. :P Btw, do you live in Wales?

Anyway, as long as you're only paying for the model, it should be entirely legal. Just don't announce it as paying for the map itself, as Halo's licensed by Microsoft.
Edited by Jaz on Aug 13, 2011 at 05:00 AM

How do you know where i live? 0.o

Ilyasw's welsh. :P

I am not Welsh, I just happen to live in Wales. I'm actually Half Russian :D

Halo CE General Discussion » Paid to make a map Aug 13, 2011 12:56 PM (Total replies: 48)

Quote: --- Original message by: vmt
Dragons?

Dragon's Den reference, TV show we got here in Britain...

But Dragons Den has people offering money, not taking money. :P Btw, do you live in Wales?

Anyway, as long as you're only paying for the model, it should be entirely legal. Just don't announce it as paying for the map itself, as Halo's licensed by Microsoft.
Edited by Jaz on Aug 13, 2011 at 05:00 AM

How do you know where i live? 0.o

Time: Mon September 23, 2019 3:16 PM 547 ms.
A Halo Maps Website