A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Stagnant
About Contact
Last Post: Dec 4, 2010 09:03 PM
Interests: UDK, UT3, Halo, etc. OpenGL, DirectX, C++, Java, C#
Your Age:
What Games do you play:
-Everything (Somewhat Inactive)- UDK is beast

Post Statistics
Stagnant has contributed to 79 posts out of 469389 total posts (.02%) in 3,389 days (.02 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » dude of checkpoint Dec 4, 2010 09:03 PM (Total replies: 10)

correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure its (game_save_no_timeout)

Pon este en tu script si quieres hacer un checkpoint.

Halo CE General Discussion » Any animation exporters for max 2010? Dec 2, 2010 06:59 PM (Total replies: 9)

Quote: --- Original message by: eliteslasher
Yup. I got it working. I still have a few things to learn about animating though. Anyone recommended a REALLY good tutorial or any type of aid?

References. Just watch things move. Look at how people move their arms when the fire guns. Look at how they hold things. Animation is about catching the motion, there are som many minute details that need to be added or everything will just look off.

Halo CE General Discussion » Reach Assasinations and Riding Ai's Nov 30, 2010 07:07 AM (Total replies: 59)

Quote: --- Original message by: aZn9ja37
So basically just somewhat similar to the vehcile hijack attempts in haloce except we are dealing with a biped now. Once the player is in the seat the animation needs tobe triggered rite?

That was my plan. I know how it should be done, but actually doing it its the hard part.

Halo CE General Discussion » Reach Assasinations and Riding Ai's Nov 29, 2010 08:53 PM (Total replies: 59)

I was assuming that it would only work for campaign for this reason. Is there some way to put a node in the biped's back that would detect from a certain area, similar to the way vehicle seats detect when you're near them?

Halo CE General Discussion » Reach Assasinations and Riding Ai's Nov 29, 2010 08:44 PM (Total replies: 59)

Quote: --- Original message by: HaloIsAHorribleGane
I doubt anybody's going to take the time to properly animate every single variant of enemy interacting with the chief in an assassination animation.

Maybe not every variant, but I'm willing to do some of them.

and Ricola, I was thinking something like that could be possible too. Idk how I would do all that camera switching though.

Halo CE General Discussion » Reach Assasinations and Riding Ai's Nov 29, 2010 08:12 PM (Total replies: 59)

Well akward title aside.

I was wondering if there was a way to implement the Halo reach assasinations into CE. I know that the player can "ride" another biped. I don't know much about this so I was wondering if there was a way to cause the players "entry" animation to be your custom assasination. Can you set it up to cause the biped's death after the animation is over?

If you know something that will work or think will work post it hear. I'd be happy to animate them and see if it will work.

Idk (nor do I really care), but I think we should get said "contest" started soon or it might never happen.

Halo CE General Discussion » Weapons - Works in Process thread [WIP] Nov 29, 2010 07:26 PM (Total replies: 14974)

Your probably including the nodes in the poly count, the default fp PR has 2,259 poliesEdited by Stagnant on Nov 29, 2010 at 07:27 PM
Edited by Stagnant on Nov 29, 2010 at 07:28 PM

Ok, I think I get the idea. Thanks.

This sounds like it could be fun.

This contest intrigues me. Will you provide a rig for the animation, or do we need to use our own? If you do provide one, can we modify it?

I can do 3p too.

Halo CE General Discussion » Fakebump Nov 28, 2010 01:55 PM (Total replies: 60)

I agree that normal mapping is MUCH more effective, and almost every form of fake bumping does involve adding an OCC map, but bump maps are effective when used with normal maps, and can be baked into the diffuse to create "good" results.

Every form of fake bumping is compensation, it is never intended to look as good as the real thing. However there are times when it can be applied in a somewhat useful way.

I'm willing, I should have enough free time. Its been awhile since I've done fp though.

I think it would be fun.

Halo CE General Discussion » Fakebump Nov 27, 2010 09:41 PM (Total replies: 60)

Really the only way to do it right (In my opinion) is a completemap bake with the normal set as a bump. You need to light it properly and tweak it a bunch in order to make it not super gay.

I would vote gamma or Maniac

Halo CE General Discussion » -TM Mapping Team's "Project Lumoria"- Nov 27, 2010 12:07 PM (Total replies: 884)

You should probably look over this article if anyone is looking for tips for 3p animation.

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/feature/3048/threeaxis_animation.php?page=1

It really helps a lot, and makes it easier for you to add depth to your biped animations.

Halo CE General Discussion » modeling tutorial? anyone? anyone? bueller? Nov 26, 2010 08:15 PM (Total replies: 5)

Quote: --- Original message by: Dennis
http://tinyurl.com/2dws5mt

^^Pwnt

But yea, like Elite slasher said, the Area has some good tuts. My other advice is practice, don't use one shape, combine several. I also recommend modeling parts seperately. Make the arm then attach it to the biped. Also try to recignize where the joints are going to be, then model those areas so they will deform well.

Halo CE General Discussion » -TM Mapping Team's "Project Lumoria"- Nov 26, 2010 08:09 PM (Total replies: 884)

If you want another 3p animator I can probably help out. I can make some sample animations for you if you want.

Halo CE General Discussion » Fakebump Nov 26, 2010 03:59 PM (Total replies: 60)

I hate bad fake bumps, but a good one is always awesome.

I guess I hate them, because very few people actually use them right.

Halo CE General Discussion » Lumoria Episode 1 : Released! Nov 26, 2010 03:54 PM (Total replies: 628)

Someone should submit this to the Bnet news feed! I'll be happy to do it unless one of the TM people want to.

Time: Sun October 20, 2019 6:52 PM 203 ms.
A Halo Maps Website