A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: mapzy18
About Contact
Last Post: Aug 21, 2015 10:05 AM
Interests: Programming, Games, Food, Sex, Sleep
Your Age: 23
What Games do you play: halo, haloce, Xbone
Sup.
Email: {hidden}

Post Statistics
mapzy18 has contributed to 97 posts out of 469376 total posts (.02%) in 3,378 days (.03 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » So whose still making maps Aug 21, 2015 10:05 AM (Total replies: 13)

PRPatxi :
Had a look at your map, its alright. Not sure what I intend to do at the moment but would be cool to put something together in my free time. PM me and I'll find a good IM we can chat on as xfire seems to have died since I used to do this.

Alex21788 :
The AI battles look fun man, I used to do a little scripting back in the day but I have forgot all that. Ever way I could pick that back up, though I guess I have less need of that if you're willing to help there. PM me also and I will try get something sorted out to work on. I was messing around on some parts for a map. If I can find someone who can make real nice custom textures we're on.

Halo CE General Discussion » So whose still making maps Aug 21, 2015 06:32 AM (Total replies: 13)

Hey I haven't been here in a while, was messing around the other day and installed the old dev environment. I thought id see who is interested on working on some maps?? I am think maybe a campaign mission of sorts. Also I was the lead on the Windfall map for a while, so you can check that out if you'd like to see my work. Anyway Pm me.

Halo CE General Discussion » Windfall Island Sky. Where'd Mapzy go? May 28, 2013 10:37 AM (Total replies: 43)

I died sorry

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » cant fix model =( Apr 13, 2013 01:03 PM (Total replies: 35)

can send it me to take a look if you like? or post more information, but don't mind having a quick look to see if I can help fix it. add my xfire waitingforjade

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » need help with sounds looping Apr 9, 2013 04:50 AM (Total replies: 3)

ok I compiled the sounds set it as music, made a sound_looping tag, set it as background sounds, have a sound environment set too, it plays while in sapien, just not once compiled to game. I don't know if I need to write a script to tell it to play?

sorted it now. thats for your comments

Edited by mapzy18 on Apr 9, 2013 at 10:19 AM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » need help with sounds looping Apr 8, 2013 04:36 PM (Total replies: 3)

I have compiled a sound loop and it plays while in sapien, but when I build the map the loop doesn't play. Anyone know what can cause this?

you my friend are a genius! haha sorted it now. thanks was using a transparent shader instead of a model shader.... lol cheers

Take a look

if you can't tell what the problem is by the photo's let me try explain it best I can.

ok when you look directly at the texture, you can see faces of other parts through the front faces. the poly's are all double sided so I don't know what the problem is. I don't think it is the model, or the texture. I deleted the shader and remade it and the bitmap to make sure nothing was accidentally changed. I have check through the alpha to see if it was an error there and it doesn't appear to be that either. if anyone has encountered this problem and is able to help let me know. would be appreciated.

thanks mapzy
Edited by mapzy18 on Mar 12, 2013 at 03:00 PM
Edited by mapzy18 on Mar 12, 2013 at 03:01 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » recording May 8, 2012 03:33 AM (Total replies: 21)

Quote: --- Original message by: ODST_Nick
Quote: --- Original message by: smartgamer43
how do you record

Very specific

my point exactly

Halo CE General Discussion » recording May 7, 2012 01:39 PM (Total replies: 21)

record what and for what purpose?
if audio you need a program like audacity to record via microphone useing the input on you computer.

if video you need a camera or possibly a screen capture software most of which you need to buy

thanks that helpped an yh i knew how to do it but didn't know i needed to thanks to all of you for your help :)

im affraid this didn't help ingame the texture is black where it should be transparent. is there i particular way you have to make the alpha channel and specific name to call it.. when i open the bitmap file with guerilla the alpha channel is just white. so i think it must be somthing i am doing wrong in photoshop

i been trying for ages in photoshop to make a bitmap that is textured but has little see through parts in it i have tryed making alpha but it just dont seem to work i must be doing something wrong so could someone talk me throught it please?

thanks
Mapzy18

haha thank you both

i had the program before and i cant seem to remember what its called or where to find it can anyone help?

thanks

Mapzy18

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » how to make ice in gmax??? Apr 21, 2012 06:26 AM (Total replies: 1)

you make ice or any texture with bitmaps and shaders.... you can make your own bitmaps with Photoshop and use alpha channels to make it translucent and bump maps to make it rough and specular maps to make it shiny, although i think you use reflection cubes and bumps to make shiny details... i hope this helps

Thank you that seems to of done the trick does anyone now of any thing to help with custom animation?

errrrm well when i export the jms for the model that works fine but it aint exporting the vertex weighs adn biped information like bip01 ect.. but i saw a vid where a guy exported the weights then exported the jms for the model and injected the weight into the models jms with that program i mentioned. im kinda new to making my own bioed and rigging them so im not really sure how its done properly.....

i was looking for JMS weight injector by Rec0 but instead i found that thing in the title....
its basically the same thing but i was wondering if anyone knew where i could get the
jms weight injector because the vertex weight exporter injects the data into the GBX model, but i cant seem to get it to work properly :( can anyone help

Much appreciated thanks

Mapzy18

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » I need help scripting!!! Oct 29, 2011 07:41 PM (Total replies: 5)

would help if i knew you xfire name :P or just pop up in chat

Time: Wed October 16, 2019 2:30 PM 203 ms.
A Halo Maps Website