A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: peep210
About Contact
Last Post: Jul 24, 2010 11:29 PM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:
Email: {hidden}

Post Statistics
peep210 has contributed to 13 posts out of 469283 total posts (0.00%) in 3,317 days (0.00 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Map Leak Protector Beta Jul 24, 2010 11:29 PM (Total replies: 68)

ok soo while the program uses the hard drive serial number and windows guid to save the keys locally, storing the keys on my site is a little safer as the keys wont be encrypted using things the user already can access. The keys on the site are transferred with RSA unfortunately .net's rsa implementation isn't compatible with php's RSA implementation, so I created one based off of the php implementation (i used the bigint class from http://www.codeproject.com/csharp/biginteger.asp). I could make accounts locked to an ip so no one can share an account.

As for map encryption I used TripleDES (.net) keys generated randomly.

As for getting the map into halo, I created a hook .dll which tells halo that the original map is installed and when halo wants to read the map the hook requests the data from the program.
I used memory mapped files to create shared memory (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms810613.aspx)

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Map Leak Protector Beta Jul 24, 2010 07:10 PM (Total replies: 68)

ok nevermind i don't care anymore.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Map Leak Protector Beta Jul 24, 2010 06:52 PM (Total replies: 68)

1) ok so i did upload the program to virustotal.com i put up the links, but apparently no one here knows how to check an md5 hash.
2) i don't care about hacking other peoples computers because i'm not an adolescent teens with no impulse control and i have no need to have access to someone else's computer.
3) i keep my identity secret because i don't hand out my personal information on the internet
4) i used my gmail account because i like to keep my personal account spam free
5) i started this program months ago and only decided to finish it about a week ago
6) this account is new because i never needed to use this forum before

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Map Leak Protector Beta Jul 24, 2010 10:45 AM (Total replies: 68)

this may be useless for you, but what about all the maps that did get leaked
Edited by peep210 on Jul 24, 2010 at 10:53 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Map Leak Protector Beta Jul 24, 2010 05:16 AM (Total replies: 68)

link deleted by admin
Edited by Dennis on Jul 24, 2010 at 02:41 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Map Leak Protector Beta Jul 24, 2010 03:47 AM (Total replies: 68)

yup thats pretty much it

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Map Leak Protector Beta Jul 24, 2010 03:38 AM (Total replies: 68)

post deleted by admin
Edited by Dennis on Jul 24, 2010 at 02:39 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Map Leak Protector Beta Jul 24, 2010 03:22 AM (Total replies: 68)

well beside giving away the source code (security and intellectual content) i will be glad to do anything else as echo said teamviewer?

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Map Leak Protector Beta Jul 24, 2010 03:15 AM (Total replies: 68)

ok so I haven't started amusing things about you, and if you know any real thing about viruses and keyloggers and cons you could prove that this isn't a virus or keylogger or con

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Map Leak Protector Beta Jul 24, 2010 03:05 AM (Total replies: 68)

ok so source code is just text i fact i have about 400 kb of source code ... now some programs have pretty pictures in them mine doesnt ... btw e3p0's alldev is 45 kb

links deleted by admin
Edited by Dennis on Jul 24, 2010 at 02:38 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Map Leak Protector Beta Jul 24, 2010 02:33 AM (Total replies: 68)

passwords are locked to compuers

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Map Leak Protector Beta Jul 24, 2010 02:25 AM (Total replies: 68)

1) so you want me to post a zip file (i used a install cuz half the ppl i know that play halo dont know what a zip file is)
2) do i sound sketchy cuz you don't believe someone could write a program like this
3) i sound sketchy? and your the one with the keylogger
4) would screenshots help? :)

Also remember rpg_beta6_2 i got to play that before it was on halomaps and i dont know opsy

*link deleted by admin

Edited by peep210 on Jul 24, 2010 at 02:28 AM
Edited by peep210 on Jul 24, 2010 at 02:32 AM
Edited by Dennis on Jul 24, 2010 at 02:37 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Map Leak Protector Beta Jul 24, 2010 01:53 AM (Total replies: 68)

Have you ever had one of your maps leaked to the internet by one of your untrustworthy beta testers? Well, the Halo Map Leak Protector (HMLP) is your solution.
Map makers can use HMLP to encrypt their maps into a .emp (Encrypted MaP) file. Encrypted maps require keys to allow the use of the map in Halo CE. Only map makers can give these keys out, allowing the maker to control exactly who can use their map. Keys are kept secret even as the map maker sends them out so there is a very tiny chance that the map can be decrypted into the original .map file. HMLP give Halo CE the ability to read .emp files only if the user has received the key for the map. Users need to run Halo CE from HMLP to access the encrypted maps and must be running while Halo CE runs.

Basically:
HMLP + .map = .emp + key
HMLP + .emp + key = Playable in Halo CE

When a map is encrypted the key is saved on the computer. Optionally, if you create an account at http://www.peep210.com you can save your keys online.

I know this may be confusing but try it out and if you have any questions or comments, please post them.

Remember this is a beta so donít expect it to work perfectly and please post any errors, bugs, or crashes. Thanks

Known bugs/issues:
If HMLP crashes while Halo CE is loading a map Halo CE will freeze
Offline key exchange (Tools -> Key Exchange) sometimes wonít work and corrupt your key.
Halo CE runs in windowed mode. I did this so that in the event HMLP crashes and Halo freezes it will be easier to open the task manager.
Remember login doesnít work yet
HMLP will only load 1 encrypted map at a time.

Why get an account at peep210.com?
Store your map keys online.
Allow member access to your map.
Remove access to your map at any time.
Access the non existent tutorials

The HMLP beta install can be downloaded from

*** Link removed by admin : linking to EXE file prohibited.

Edit: BTW: This has been tested on vista and 7 and worked for me, but XP hasn't been fully tested
Edited by peep210 on Jul 24, 2010 at 01:58 AM

Edited by Dennis on Jul 24, 2010 at 02:29 PM

Time: Tue August 20, 2019 2:27 AM 469 ms.
A Halo Maps Website