A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts
Viewing User Profile for: Wolf_
About Contact
Last Post: Jul 10, 2016 06:09 AM
Your Age: 23
What Games do you play:

Post Statistics
Wolf_ has contributed to 2444 posts out of 457984 total posts (.53%) in 3,814 days (.64 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:

You can make a map for me, and then I will give you constructive critique. Come under my wing young padawan.

You do it in 3ds max. The HEK tutorial covers the basics.
Level creation Part 2 - Scroll down to the very end.

Halo CE General Discussion » 12 years Jun 5, 2016 01:17 AM (Total replies: 49)

Quote: --- Original message by: kirby_422
Quote: --- Original message by: Super Flanker
What is this return of the elders?

Git back in your coffins.

Come on, not all of us aged peoples and persons ever left. And who has the money to just order coffins? (Although I would gladly accept a coffin if you wish to ship one to me; those are expensive.)
I'd rather have a cage.

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! May 25, 2016 10:31 AM (Total replies: 11844)

Quote: --- Original message by: BKTiel
Quote: --- Original message by: lolslayer
Yeah, it's really stupid to tone down the Editing Kid :/

are we talking about higuy

we're talking about higuy aren't we

Oh stop it.

He does his best and when he makes a bajillion from his side scroller you'll be eating your text like a.....text eater thing.
A book worm?

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! May 20, 2016 08:36 PM (Total replies: 11844)

This argument again. Lets put this metaphorically. Halo is the narcissistic kid at school, whom everyone secretly hates and sort of admires because he talks a big game and only delivers a quarter size of said game (Get it?) . Halo isn't as great as people make it out to be, it's enjoyable sure. But as far as i am concerned, there are better games out there and there sure as down under (Synonym for the homestead of antichrist) will be even more innovative and interesting games.

Now, I still find modding for this game cool because people in this community has always strived to improve the tools and content that already exists. They bend the rules of what can be done and just pushes it even further. But this community is also the worst at following things true, might be because it's such a small group of people (And always has been) and thus the incentive to finish things are not as great as it would be for other games. I admire what Masters, Higuy, Kornman does and there is a long list of people in this community who does and did some awesome things with the limitations they have or had.

So to put into context for you people. You should all stop trying to be better than one another and enjoy the content that you create for each other. Who cares about which of the halo games are better, you are obviously never going to make it as good by talking circles around yourself. Make it your own, brand it. Whatever. Outside the box, because Halo needs it. And finally, stop being such little wimps (In this case synonym for the female dog) and grow the down under (Anti christ) up.

Tl;dr I probably wont play SPV3, but i will look at the pictures and think of something in the lines of "I didn't waste 10+ years on this, at times awful community"

Thank you, and god bless America. (I am not American).

Quote: --- Original message by: MEGASEAN2812

Like I get why people would expect this to be a big deal, especially since in the past some projects have died due to "real life" but between exams, some stupid drama, and even a little bit of depression going on in my life at the moment, I simply have to stop for a while, just because one minor update I was gonna post in May isn't happening anymore doesn't really mean much. It's not like everyone else isn't working just because I am not. God guys, grow the hell up, seriously, this whole cancelled thing is really getting old.
Edited by MEGASEAN2812 on Apr 9, 2016 at 07:39 PM

I agree, however I don't see the point of release dates and teasing things in this community. Just tease it when it is finished and release it whenever it is ready. You won't put yourself in the corner (Nor baby, because no one puts baby in the corner) and have these repetitive discussions taking place over and over and over again. You'll save yourself some trouble, trust me. Good work so far!

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo: Composition Apr 18, 2016 03:41 PM (Total replies: 381)

Quote: --- Original message by: lolslayer
Quote: --- Original message by: DaLode
I don't do any of the things on that list.
But I can provide moral support and beer.

Are we getting our BBQ? I live in the Netherlands so I live close enough :P
Sign me up, been to Belgium for 3 hours and i loved it. Bring on the beer (I would normally curse here but alas I won't because of obvious reasons).

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Mar 17, 2016 08:07 AM (Total replies: 10776)

Quote: --- Original message by: Halonimator
Custom animations inside the pelican:

Is chief breaking the fourth wall?

Halo CE General Discussion » Project-Contingency (Fan made Halo Game) Mar 11, 2016 07:06 PM (Total replies: 379)

I got kind of confused about this project and Glassed (I think that is the name?). I essentially thought you merged your projects or whatever. Eitherway, both this and glassed looks great. (I like UDK based games, an engine that got lots to give in the visual department IMO)

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » is there a maximum amount of scripts? Mar 10, 2016 07:14 PM (Total replies: 7)

Quote: --- Original message by: tarikja
On the other hand you could still be pretty stupid. We just can't say it for sure.

Stupidity is an irrelevant term seeing as none of us are truly smart.
Thats deep of you. Deeper than usual.

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Mar 4, 2016 12:43 PM (Total replies: 10776)

Much better!

A few things:

1. What is that bird shaped structure directly infront of the ref_cyborg?

It looks to me like some sort of rock or boulder...if that is what you intended it to be try sloping down the edges of the outer corners. You could also randomize the height of the verts associated with those edges to get a more organic look it feels too "metally" atm.

It's a structure, but I am currently just playing around with ideas. So it is not final. I know I want to have a similar glass structure like the one integrated into the cliffs.
Quote: 2. Could we see wires? I know the mesh is still in wip stage but I am curious to see where you are and aren't using detail.
Yeah, I will post one when I have completed the structure.

Quote: 3. The curved wall piece which slopes around from the mountain face to the enterance of the covenant? Building feels too blocky at the bottom.

Specifically I can make out one single vert which pokes out too far, if you understand which vertice I am referencing try chamfering it or inserting an extra vert then pull it out until you reach a rounder silhouette.

I should really circle this out as it maybe hard to describe but phne post.

Yeah I will work in some more detail there, or change the shape slightly.
4. What are your plans for the bsp? Is there a back story to it's existence?

The backstory is really me just "playing" around creatively with the modeling skills I have accumulated over the past 11 something years working on my own projects and helping my friends out with theirs. Initially I did some stuff with Ally (Like I think I tried helping with the portals for Pirate ship). Then I just started doing my own thing instead. That was like 2 years ago after I came home from a year of traveling. The inspiration came from Concat, which has a covenant vs forerunner architectural setup. Now I just do it in-between studies and social life. This is sort of a mix of past projects that I never finished. (Except Zmt, because that sucked).

As for the plans, I will just keep messing around until I am happy with what I got. After I am done with modeling and texturing for the bases I will start on a structure for the middle portion of the map. Then I will block out the terrain and try and ship out an alpha for people to test. Hopefully all of this can be done by May 16th.

I have to agree, the render does look better with a white background. Thanks for the advice.

Tl;dr: lots of words.

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Mar 3, 2016 04:44 PM (Total replies: 10776)

Quote: --- Original message by: stunt_man
Quote: --- Original message by: Wolf_
More black backgrounds........
Deal with it :)

Deal with degrading your own work.

Your autism =/= objective degradation of his work

1. I am dyslexic not autistic.

2. Thats offensive to the millions of individuals who suffer from autism and it's debilitating effects around the galaxy.

3. If you have a half decent model and you want to show it off to the world at least render that shizznucker decently.

From what I see he is an okay modeller but the fact that he could not be arsed to render out a decent pic for all of us tells me he isn't too serious about what he produces and that he isn't looking for usable crit.
I'm sorry, I feel like I might've been a bit dismissive about the "white background dilemma" earlier. Mainly because I thought you were trolling. Anyway, to smooth over the issue a bit here is a render with a white background.

Please, by all means go ahead and crit it if you like.
Edited by Wolf_ on Mar 3, 2016 at 04:44 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Mar 3, 2016 01:17 PM (Total replies: 10776)

More black backgrounds........
Deal with it :)

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Mar 3, 2016 08:40 AM (Total replies: 10776)

My vision is for it to be slightly smaller than Blood Gulch. As for minimum recommended, probably 4vs4 or 5vs5. We'll see, hopefully I can whip out a public alpha test in May (With the basic terrain and gameplay concept).

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Mar 3, 2016 08:07 AM (Total replies: 10776)

Just a continuation from my previous post. Still a wip (Obviously). Cheers!

Halo CE General Discussion » Why they should bury spartans Mar 1, 2016 04:45 PM (Total replies: 5)

Quote: --- Original message by: MatthewDratt
They buried Sarge and he just fell through to the next map

RVB is just not the same without monty.
Edited by Super Flanker on Mar 1, 2016 at 04:14 PM

The fighting is a bit more grounded, and with the new motion capture studio it's even more fluid than ever before. I agree it's not the same without Monty, but to be fair they have taken his vision of animation to new heights. (The latest season of RvB is the best one in terms of animation and story).

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Online Mar 1, 2016 05:11 AM (Total replies: 2780)

I was under the assumption that the codename "Anvil" was an indication of user generated content.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Screenshots with Captions Feb 28, 2016 06:40 PM (Total replies: 18)

Quote: --- Original message by: altis94
Testing Bigass can be quite... tiring

That does look tiresome..

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Feb 26, 2016 05:59 AM (Total replies: 11844)

Quote: --- Original message by: raffgie

Quote: --- Original message by: Jesse

Is this bitmap for when the button is highlighted? Either way I think the glow is too overpowering, and should only be applied to the outer edges. Something like this:

Edited by raffgie on Feb 26, 2016 at 05:24 AM

The top one looks great! Overall, without the changes, it looks cool.

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Feb 24, 2016 04:57 AM (Total replies: 10776)

Quote: --- Original message by: Masters1337
Nice to see someone do something Covenant for a change!

Quote: --- Original message by: altis94
I really like the architecture in the second pic.

Quote: --- Original message by: Perla117
SP or MP?
Mp, but I have always wanted to do something campaign related, and recently even firefight.
Quote: --- Original message by: XxPopeAK49xX
Looks great wolf! I really like the exterior architecture in the 2nd image.

Quote: --- Original message by: Spartan314
It's like a breath of fresh air to see some actually good BSPs WIP.

Thanks for the positive response. I know you can't take away too much from the pictures posted, but it's safe the to say that the general quality of the map will follow what has been seen. Things always changes since I am in a constant process of coming up with new ideas. The covenant side however I feel is sort of finished in terms of modeling, aside from a few changes I will make eventually. Thanks again.
Edited by Wolf_ on Feb 24, 2016 at 04:57 AM

Time: Sun October 23, 2016 12:00 PM 282 ms.
A Halo Maps Website