A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Wolf_
About Contact
Last Post: Today @ 06:42 AM
Interests:
Your Age: 23
What Games do you play:
AIM:
MSN IM:
Yahoo IM:

Post Statistics
Wolf_ has contributed to 2420 posts out of 446228 total posts (.54%) in 3,558 days (.68 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » modacity haxed? Feb 8, 2016 12:26 PM (Total replies: 7)

It's modacity, what do you expect?

Halo CE General Discussion » Can you install the HEK without Halo CE? Feb 5, 2016 03:59 PM (Total replies: 48)

Your issue Sparky, is that you seem to think that you do all these things for others. But you don't, no one does. The fact that you spent so much money that you do not have, kind of proves my point. You might not be looking for attention, but you are looking to be accepted. Either way, I'm not really bothered by that. However, at some point you'll realize that you might as well do it for yourself. And your own benefits. Good luck, and nice find.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Online Feb 2, 2016 07:48 AM (Total replies: 2491)

Quote: --- Original message by: dany
hey i don't disagree about the mod goal, the mod itself causes problems between those who have it and those who don't. you also went full thrust and made the mod, even though no one said it will be used in official and also released it, KNOWING it causes major issues. YOU are the problem in all of this.

i'll quote shockfire on the halo 3 subject:
"we have decided that we will be experimenting with this, but we cannot promise anything. it is not as simple as copying-and-pasting values from halo 3 due to other gameplay changes that saber has made (there's no dual wielding, for example). again, this is not a promise, but we want to let you know that we are listening and will try it out"
People are free to use it are they not? To me the problem seems to be that they were stalling with balancing for some unknown and probably trivial reason. It also seems like mookz forced their hand into doing something. Maybe they would benefit from what mookz has to offer. Just saying.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo 2 vista? Jan 31, 2016 05:02 PM (Total replies: 11)

Quote: --- Original message by: tarikja
You are kinda late. H2V is dead. MP has been shut down for a while now.

Oh, and if you are looking for some HAC tool, like the one in HCE, I'm gonna have to disappoint you. There is no such thing.
There are only some small FOV and Projectile swapper tools iirc.
Look for the BluTrainer and maybe Casca.

Maybe you can find something useful here: http://www.halo2vista.com/

Or maybe www.h2vista.net ....

Halo CE General Discussion » Halonimator's -- Official Thread Jan 29, 2016 08:36 PM (Total replies: 336)

Quote: --- Original message by: Super Flanker
Quote: --- Original message by: Halonimator

MP update:

http://i67.tinypic.com/2hdo1w3.jpg

with desolate_keep astetic.

http://i66.tinypic.com/2vj7hcg.jpg

also, NONE phantom bsps unlike the unprofesional 343i halo5 maps!

Edited by Halonimator on Jan 29, 2016 at 06:38 PM

Very monotonous.
I agree, boring to look at. I suggest adding some more aesthetic details. For example, ivy, banners, rubble so on and so forth. The possibilities are endless, and you might learn something new. (Such as how to make a map look appealing). Good luck.

Halo CE General Discussion » |~| Sparky's Variegated Thread Jan 29, 2016 08:26 PM (Total replies: 98)

I seem to recall the banhammer being dropped frequently over at modacity. But yeah, you were :)

Halo CE General Discussion » Smoke Screen Map Protector Jan 26, 2016 07:46 AM (Total replies: 120)

War, huh, What is it good it for?

Halo CE General Discussion » Smoke Screen Map Protector Jan 25, 2016 08:42 PM (Total replies: 120)

Quote: --- Original message by: kirby_422
Quote: What does it take to end a war? Warfare is nothing but a means of negotiation between state. Wars breakout even when there is no hatred. Territory, resources, or interests that you are determined to own. Ideology, religion, pride. Wars are fought over those objectives all the time. Meaning that when those objectives are met, the war will end. That or the war will end when the human cost outweighs the gains. Anger and hatred, those are nothing more than tools to tilt a war in your favor.

Conflict and competition are some of the most important forms of drive for the human race; if we all shared exact opinions, we could never advance; we would always head way to whomever first decided anything, unable to question them; the world would still be flat. Any group work people perform, even if the first idea is foolish, nobody would be allowed to challenge the idea. Without rival companies, people would have no driving force to move forward; if they have a monopoly, and people are buying their products, they will simply assume it is good enough; its when another company is attempting to surpass them, that they focus on how to surpass themselves.

Also, on this topic, and other things, people should watch both seasons of Gatchaman Crowds, as they focus on social constructs. The second season, Gatchaman Crowds Insight, covers this topic.
This actually depends on which social psychological teachings you follow. Some would state soci-economic factors to be the most important drive for the human race, some would say psycho-sexual drives are the most important. However, there are 6 or so needs (drives) that all humans share. Such as certainty, significans, variety, connection, growth and contribution. (You could google it). What you are talking about is however true, the continued questioning of what we know. Maybe not in the sense of conflict, since conflict is a part of the human flaw.

/My teachers love Sigmund Freud. I'm out.

Halo CE General Discussion » tool.exe crashes repeadedly Jan 25, 2016 07:16 AM (Total replies: 25)

Quote: --- Original message by: chimichangas4life
I have pasted it in the directory and typed in tool in the cmd, however when I proceed to type in the command it says "Couldn't read map file './toolbeta.map'".
Whatever command you typed in, you typed it in wrong.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Online Jan 19, 2016 06:37 AM (Total replies: 2491)

I agree. Halo CE still seems to sneak itself into the peripheral view of many Halo developers, old and new.
Edited by Wolf_ on Jan 19, 2016 at 06:37 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Prometheus Jan 17, 2016 11:14 AM (Total replies: 14)

Which turned out to be nothing really. You're talking about e3p0 right?

Halo CE General Discussion » Prometheus Jan 16, 2016 06:53 AM (Total replies: 14)

Most of the ideas here seem to be redundant and far fetched. It did have a relevance way back when people had ambitions to create new things. But, that is just my opinion.

Halo CE General Discussion » Prometheus Jan 15, 2016 08:31 PM (Total replies: 14)

Coincidentally, i was sitting and thinking about prometheus 30 minutes ago. That project had great potential. Too bad.

Halo CE General Discussion » Reus Official Thread 2016 / WIP's & releases! Jan 11, 2016 08:35 PM (Total replies: 156)

The immure remake makes me feel sad.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halonimator's -- Official Thread Dec 20, 2015 02:28 PM (Total replies: 336)

It looks nice, should be scaled down a bit though. Unless you are going for the "Hugeass"-esque size of a map.

Halo CE General Discussion » [Recruiting] In Need Of Some Talent Dec 20, 2015 07:10 AM (Total replies: 26)

What kind of modeling?

Halo CE General Discussion » Is this site closing in 2016? Nov 27, 2015 08:30 PM (Total replies: 86)

I am closing down in 2016. Wolfhalomapsdesigns.tk. Yes, it never were very popular. (It's a plug)

Hard to judge, except the new one has a rounder and smoother design. I honestly liked the ODST headpiece the way it was. Since ODST that is.

I have to agree, there seems to be a shortage of talent in the community these days. So yes, educating yourself in how to do the things you envision is a good suggestion.

Halo CE General Discussion » Streaming CE map making Nov 13, 2015 03:58 PM (Total replies: 27)

Quote: --- Original message by: Alex21788
Flanker is already teaching me. He has put up an entire series dedicated to showing me (and many others, because he's made it public) how to make maps. It's on youtube.
So has countless others before him, there are after all extensive documentation of mapmaking in halo custom edition. Great idea btw, although you would need for people to take crit, which is something that this community has always had an huge issue with.

Time: Wed February 10, 2016 2:44 PM 297 ms.
A Halo Maps Website