A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Wolf_
About Contact
Last Post: Feb 3, 2014 03:57 AM
Interests:
Your Age: 21
What Games do you play:
Since forever
Email: {hidden}
AIM:
MSN IM:
Yahoo IM:

Post Statistics
Wolf_ has contributed to 2274 posts out of 470302 total posts (.48%) in 2,900 days (.78 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:

Quote: --- Original message by: ally

Mootjah is Mootjuh, and Invader Vexx is Invader Veex :)

Wolf_
Black Crypt
Gamma
ImBrokeRU
Edited by ally on Jan 12, 2014 at 07:56 AM
Haha thats nice of you :)

This is a really cool thing you got going on, I will stick around for this as well :)

Wouldn't you get a C&D for it being an unlicensed halo game then?

Halo CE General Discussion » Garden and Aquarii Jan 31, 2014 09:18 PM (Total replies: 69)

I like that you have created your own style. It's unique.

Halo CE General Discussion » BlindWolf (Working in progress!) Jan 24, 2014 02:06 AM (Total replies: 235)

It doesn't look right. You should listen to the advice you get.

Hmm, I get a Gephy/Narrows feeling :)

Quote: --- Original message by: Dumb AI

Why not Extension?

Edited by Dumb AI on Jan 22, 2014 at 08:08 PM

Or Extinction? ;) Honestly, I like it. Looks simple, looks clean. Looks like if it gets ingame it could generate some fun times.

Halo CE General Discussion » Ki11a_FTW's Halo Custom Edition Progress Log. Jan 22, 2014 09:24 PM (Total replies: 412)

Today was the first I saw of this K11 project. Saw it at modacity before, you are doing what Rob did with Bridge ce, and that is damned well impressive dude. Keep the creativity flowing!
Edited by Wolf_ on Jan 22, 2014 at 09:25 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Rambo needs help with blood creek! Jan 16, 2014 07:43 PM (Total replies: 39)

A map that is this old.. Why don't you just give up and do something new and creative.? It will just end up more messy than before.

Halo CE General Discussion » Old Mappers Jan 16, 2014 07:33 PM (Total replies: 35)

^You, I remember :) Log on sometimes, just to check what has happened.

Halo 2 Vista General Discussion » Halo 2 Vista online still available Aug 17, 2013 12:31 PM (Total replies: 15)

I think it means "We'll give you an update on the situation in 2014". As in "We'll let you know when we shut it down in 2014"

Halo CE General Discussion » I love the console community. Aug 17, 2013 04:51 AM (Total replies: 18)

Quote: --- Original message by: nihao123456ftw
If good things get sequels then where's half life 3?
Yeah, and Ricochet 2...What happened to that? :)
Edited by Wolf_ on Aug 17, 2013 at 04:52 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Some good looking or Popular maps Aug 5, 2013 11:46 PM (Total replies: 34)

Quote: --- Original message by: Mushi
Quote: --- Original message by: Wolf_
Wartorn Cove

Grove Final

Casualty Isle

The Narrows

No worry's about Casualty Isle and Wartorn, been got them, just lazy to upload lol :/

The Narrows.....that's the leaked Halo 3 map people was working on right? Guy raged about it for a while.

*Searches*
No, the narrows is a ce classic...

Halo CE General Discussion » Some good looking or Popular maps Aug 5, 2013 04:48 PM (Total replies: 34)

Wartorn Cove

Grove Final

Casualty Isle

The Narrows

Halo CE General Discussion » Project: Contingency on Kotaku Aug 3, 2013 08:29 AM (Total replies: 79)

Here is how it goes : The assumption is that teens and pre-teens will never create anything that is worthy of recognition . That is why Halo ce doesn't get the attention some of you think it deserves. And some of you do deserve recognition for your work! But whining about it wont get you anywhere near recognition.

Also, be satisfied with the attention you get from the community. That alone should be enough.

And by "Teens" I am not saying that is what this community is made up of. I know it isn't and and that some of you are older.

Halo CE General Discussion » [WIP] Pirate Ship Jul 16, 2013 09:19 PM (Total replies: 43)

See! This is the kind of stuff that is cool to see. This game definately needs more fun content. You, sir, deserve a medal of your own choice. Love it.

Halo CE General Discussion » Project-Contingency (Fan made Halo Game) Jul 16, 2013 09:12 PM (Total replies: 127)

Looks cool. The content in the trailer on your website didn't really get me hooked though, or give me a reason to keep following the progress . However, it's a smart strategy, and many could learn from that. Especially on this website.

My question is how reasonably have you thought this through? Is it possible first off? Do you have a vision? An estimation of what the finished game would look like? Do you have an idea of what kind of gameplay you want? How are you going to form it into something innovative and exciting?

Don't feel the need to answer the questions if you don't want to. I am sure you have answered them before. I am just curious. Creating playable content, even when it just boils down to a mod, takes some thorough thinking.

All in all, cool. Don't lose sight of you are trying to achieve!

Halo CE General Discussion » Invisibility not showing properly. Jul 10, 2013 08:12 AM (Total replies: 15)

Quote: --- Original message by: Stevedoggen
This is bugging me, and I hate to ask the obvious question, but what is wrong with the picture? I'm not sure what the problem is, or what I'm blatantly missing... -_-

This is what it is supposed to look like.
Edited by Wolf_ on Jul 10, 2013 at 08:13 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Portaling a BSP? :o Jul 6, 2013 06:38 AM (Total replies: 13)

Quote: --- Original message by: hobbet360

Quote: --- Original message by: grunt_eater
My best guess is for SP what you'd want to do is separate the BSP in to a few BSP's and use cleverly placed trigger volumes to switch BSP's when you walk around corners\ enter hallways ect ect.

It's already split in 3 BSPs... but this is the biggest. A hangar with some a10 halways to lead to the next BSP. (the engine room).

(this is the second BSP.)

(I am using a lot of brackets for some reason.)

anyways this is 36k triangles...

bungie BSPs go up to 60-70k triangles.

EDIT 1...
@OrangeJuice...

how exactly do I make portals. :3
Edited by hobbet360 on Jul 6, 2013 at 12:45 AM
Go into editable mesh, pick a hallway, a simple basic shape for a portal, is a flat one-sided surface.

Create faces, Create the portal using the verts, Detach it and give it a name, such as "Indoor Portals".

The material applied to it have to be called +Exactportal.

For an area to be sealed, there will have to be another portal at the other side of the hallway Like this : I----------I . With "I" being the Exact portal. They should be facing eachother as that helps defining the cluster. Portal when possible. More importantly do it to parts that have a incredibly high polycount.

Terrain portals are a tad more tricky, but the Hek tut cover this (Sort of) well.

http://hce.halomaps.org/hek/ Level creation part 2, keep scrolling down to the portal section.

Halo CE General Discussion » Nova Mapping Team - We Are Recruiting! Jan 29, 2013 04:28 AM (Total replies: 196)

Quote: --- Original message by: Mootjuh

http://img849.imageshack.us/img849/2444/scope2.jpg

Don't think I can get it much smoother.

Btw, I can pretty much model vehicles too, never tried it thought. probably because I wouldn't intend to finish it. Took a shot at bipeds too.
Edited by Mootjuh on Jan 28, 2013 at 05:32 PM
Not smoother, no. But rounder.
http://nikon.bungie.org/screenshots/bnet.063004/covenant_carbine.jpg
Edited by Wolf_ on Jan 29, 2013 at 04:29 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Nova Mapping Team - We Are Recruiting! Jan 28, 2013 05:04 PM (Total replies: 196)

Quote: --- Original message by: Mootjuh
http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/426/scope1v.jpg

Did the scope real quick, is this what the main shape should look like? Since the scope is pretty boxy for a Covenant weapon.
@Altis I agree. It being boxy depends on how you look at it, right? Who made the concept? Ask him/her. Though if it's covenant it ought to be round-er.
Edited by Wolf_ on Jan 28, 2013 at 05:12 PM

Time: Wed April 23, 2014 7:17 PM 218 ms.
A Halo Maps Website