A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Wolf_
About Contact
Last Post: Oct 21, 2014 05:13 AM
Interests:
Your Age: 22
What Games do you play:
AIM:
MSN IM:
Yahoo IM:

Post Statistics
Wolf_ has contributed to 2380 posts out of 415997 total posts (.57%) in 3,084 days (.77 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Soo anyone a bit good with portals? Oct 21, 2014 05:13 AM (Total replies: 33)

Portent is also an excellent example, of how easy it so portal a map that has a great layout. Which it does.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Poor interior lighting Oct 19, 2014 12:15 PM (Total replies: 3)

Doesn't look like a lighting issue. But then it could be anything, that included. Try what he said, faulty smoothing groups could be it. Or some uvws that are mismatched. Try making surfaces planar as well.

Halo CE General Discussion » I'm here to give my demands. Oct 18, 2014 06:04 AM (Total replies: 36)

Quote: --- Original message by: Altearose
I am 100% serious about this and some old members will understand.
I think it will go over most peoples heads. Even older ones.

Halo CE General Discussion » WIP Killzones First Custom BSP Yet to be named Oct 18, 2014 04:25 AM (Total replies: 53)

You should focus on this. It shows more potential than most things this community produces.

Halo CE General Discussion » Delta Ruins Ruined Review. Oct 15, 2014 10:51 PM (Total replies: 49)

Quote: --- Original message by: OrangeJuice

Not how I use poof,
it's an expression of "there! it's complete!"

Never relate me to Katana, or how katana decided to use poof, or I will chop three of your fingers off with the dull edge of a butter knife.
Edited by OrangeJuice on Oct 15, 2014 at 09:32 PM
I will relate you to that. Got no fingers left to be chopped off. Orunges.

Halo CE General Discussion » These maps need too be made. Oct 15, 2014 03:15 PM (Total replies: 39)

Yeah, i always thought that the only two things that avalanche shared was the snow theme, and (Sort of) the shape. Haven't spent too much time in avalanche, being that it's not even on my top 10 list of halo maps. Now sidewinder on the other hand plays splendidly. It definitely needs to be modernized. Danger canyon should have been on that list. What a shame.
Edited by Wolf_ on Oct 15, 2014 at 03:16 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » WIP Killzones First Custom BSP Yet to be named Oct 14, 2014 10:43 PM (Total replies: 53)

Quote: --- Original message by: renegade343
Quote: --- Original message by: WWLinkMasterX
Looks excellent.

Quote: --- Original message by: killzone64

http://puu.sh/c3OzF/974228932d.jpg

For the OS version, it would be nice if there were switches affecting things like the barriers above, allowing players to directly modify the flow of the map. (Recall Halo 3's 'Longshore').

I don't think you need OS to make that happen...? (but yeah, having active changes to the map like that would be really cool, actually)
Its possible without, but it doesn't sync up perfectly. Works though.

Halo CE General Discussion » This community is talented but wont show it. Oct 13, 2014 03:14 PM (Total replies: 98)

Quote: --- Original message by: Storm

-I'm on the fence when it comes to ripping. If someone was to rip a model to look at it in order to see it in 3D as opposed to a 2D sketch, then I would support them. But ripping a model and passing it off as your own is wrong.

This week I was trying to model a forerunner structure and I couldn't figure out how. On many occasions, I had downloaded models from the Halo maps website to simply throw into my map so I don't have to spend the time modeling. I decided "No, I'll make it myself."

So, I looked up examples of forerunner architecture and came across this.

I had a look, decided it was worth a shot, and created this.

http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff508/Hiralis/haloce2014-10-1319-06-40-78_zps0a567805.png
Edited by Storm on Oct 13, 2014 at 05:18 AM
Sort of like what the base in revelations was based on. Looks good.
Edited by Wolf_ on Oct 13, 2014 at 03:15 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Failed to open TIFF Oct 11, 2014 11:15 AM (Total replies: 5)

Redo it, and this time with only one alpha :)

Really nice, Love how you got the human style down to an artform.

Quote: --- Original message by: Jobalisk
I'm aware of that, but seeing as these BSP's were made by Bungie I believe its safe to assume this map would still work reasonably well.
But then you are also wrong to assume that. The issues are most likely a side effect from ripping and conversion. Not because bungie got lazy.

Didnt that stuff end a few chapters ago? TNJ

You should just go ahead and fix them instead of bypassing them. Compiling with errors in bsps usually leads to some nasty errors in game. Such as falling through bsps, The ghost getting stuck in the mesh etc etc.

Halo CE General Discussion » Rpgbeta6_2 remake Oct 3, 2014 08:33 AM (Total replies: 47)

Yeah that guy is hard to take serious. But then that is a normal thing for a select group of halomaps members. I know I said it before, But i'd love to see a new direction in the rpg series. Just repeating myself if you missed it.

Halo CE General Discussion » Rpgbeta6_2 remake Oct 2, 2014 03:51 PM (Total replies: 47)

Yeah what I am saying is perhaps you should spice it up with something different, for example make it "RPG *Whatever-name-you-could-come-up-with*" or how about RPG Final ? :)

Sure the rpg beta name is popular, and even if it was never intended to be a series of sort, you could still have it stray away from the, albeit stale name, RPG Beta. Just put it in the read-me that is a part of the RPG Series.

I never were a big fan of rpg beta, I tested out the first three builds with gibbo, and were even up for doing some modeling stuff for him, and honestly, i just get the feeling its just a bunch of half good tags chucked in there to let the player do 'whatever' really.

It never felt consistent. And judging from the screens of the later editions, its just a bunch of really bad design work, and really bad unwrapping. If you are going to make the next chapter, at least aim for something new, or go back to the original ideas gibbo had (Which never got fully realized) There are a bunch of tags and so forth that the rpg scene could really benefit from. Plus these huge maps have a tendency of become very popular (Hugeass, Coldsnap, Extinction and the 'fresh' out of the oven Bigass).

Lots of words. Sorry.

Quote: --- Original message by: stunt_man
Anyone remember the H2CE hypetrain?
yeah, and the h2ce interviews that bungie published on bungie.net. Good times.
Edited by Wolf_ on Oct 2, 2014 at 02:52 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Rpgbeta6_2 remake Oct 2, 2014 01:05 PM (Total replies: 47)

Wonder when rpg beta actually goes out of the beta phase. God the concept of Gibbo's idea has been tortured for far too long.

Yoyorast island or Hugeass, Pretty sure it was hugeass, since that was the first thing you saw at halomaps back in the dayz.
Edited by Wolf_ on Oct 1, 2014 at 11:41 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » [MAP]Geomar Final Oct 1, 2014 11:37 AM (Total replies: 33)

Quote: --- Original message by: Corvette19
Can't wait to play this when I get some time off! We should arrange a game night!!
I agree, lets do it.

Halo CE General Discussion » Bigass Public Beta Oct 1, 2014 11:36 AM (Total replies: 1012)

Quote: --- Original message by: Zetren
Quote: --- Original message by: sshers4

Rivers.

Ponds.

cliff should have foggy areas

I agree with more rivers and maybe a small water hole area. The other stuff with wildlife and foggy areas around the cliff top, just doesn't at all or well enough.

Time: Fri October 24, 2014 9:26 AM 234 ms.
A Halo Maps Website