A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Wolf_
About Contact
Last Post: Today @ 11:40 AM
Interests:
Your Age: 22
What Games do you play:
AIM:
MSN IM:
Yahoo IM:

Post Statistics
Wolf_ has contributed to 2363 posts out of 414019 total posts (.57%) in 3,061 days (.77 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:

Yoyorast island or Hugeass, Pretty sure it was hugeass, since that was the first thing you saw at halomaps back in the dayz.
Edited by Wolf_ on Oct 1, 2014 at 11:41 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » [MAP]Geomar Final Today @ 11:37 AM (Total replies: 33)

Quote: --- Original message by: Corvette19
Can't wait to play this when I get some time off! We should arrange a game night!!
I agree, lets do it.

Halo CE General Discussion » Bigass Public Beta Today @ 11:36 AM (Total replies: 951)

Quote: --- Original message by: Zetren
Quote: --- Original message by: sshers4

Rivers.

Ponds.

cliff should have foggy areas

I agree with more rivers and maybe a small water hole area. The other stuff with wildlife and foggy areas around the cliff top, just doesn't at all or well enough.

Halo CE General Discussion » [MAP]Geomar Final Yesterday @ 08:42 AM (Total replies: 33)

How about you people, start by growing up, then gtfo this thread. No seriously. Please do.

Halo CE General Discussion » Stargate map project (wip) Sep 27, 2014 01:13 PM (Total replies: 27)

Once again, your proportions are slightly off, you need to size things up a bit.
Edited by Wolf_ on Sep 27, 2014 at 01:14 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Anyone??? Sep 27, 2014 06:44 AM (Total replies: 24)

^That guy is explaining some in-depth stuff, even if the stuff he does is the definition of simplicity! Great find.

Halo CE General Discussion » Anyone??? Sep 27, 2014 05:42 AM (Total replies: 24)

Quote: --- Original message by: Pepzee

Quote: --- Original message by: YSlayer12
So, I developed a concept for a map, but I suck at mapping.So anyone mind trying it out?I don't even want my name in the credits, I just thought it would be cool. And no one here NEEDS too do it, but it be cool. I would like too have a hand in designing it though. Thanks, and without further ado, here is "Wharf" Concepts!!!

Not a good way to encourage someone to help you. You're basically saying: "this is so bad I don't want to be affiliated with it".

Either way that looks like one of the first maps I tried to develop. I gave up on it not long afterwards and looked at other areas of mapping. There's more to Halo mapping then modeling, I encourage you to explore it!

Looking at it more closely it resembles this map here. A ton of random boxes...
Edited by Pepzee on Sep 24, 2014 at 12:41 AM
Destiny is a great map though, the mirrors edge theme is sweet and delicious. It's was also unique .10/10.
Edited by Wolf_ on Sep 27, 2014 at 05:43 AM
Edited by Wolf_ on Sep 27, 2014 at 05:43 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Bigass Public Beta Sep 26, 2014 01:31 PM (Total replies: 951)

Double tap W

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Failed to open TIFF Sep 25, 2014 06:00 AM (Total replies: 3)

it should be 24 bits per pixel. So go into photoshop (or paintshop pro) and compare it to something that already exists, say tutorial ground bitmap or danger canyon ground bitmap. It should be saved as : Uncompressed and RGB (That is for paintshop pro, not really sure how you set that up in adobe Photoshop, or if it is automatically done, you could always google that.)
Edited by Wolf_ on Sep 25, 2014 at 06:05 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » WIP - Geomar Sep 24, 2014 06:02 PM (Total replies: 58)

Nice, up for it this time as well. The map is lots of fun :)

Halo CE General Discussion » Release Halo CE Source Code Sep 22, 2014 02:49 AM (Total replies: 56)

Already got the source code, not sharing though.

On a completely different but related note : Your effort is valiant, but sadly not needed nor in the scope of possible things that Microsoft ever would give us.

Halo CE General Discussion » Gamecheat13 is got to be part of VKGMT or TMM Sep 22, 2014 02:33 AM (Total replies: 39)

^For being a whistleblower you're being very vague.. And besides, I dont think anyone cares what these SBB'ers talk about at their chatroom. Quite frankly, If some of them hadn't been testing higuys map last weekend I wouldn't even know they existed. Guess that means I have been living under a rock. Or because I dont give a s*** :) Move on m8.
Edited by Wolf_ on Sep 22, 2014 at 02:34 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » WIP - Geomar Sep 21, 2014 02:32 AM (Total replies: 58)

I haven't had this much fun since Hcel, or the old game nights back in 05-06. That said, to me the map is near perfection. And you already know most if not all things regarding the weapon placement(such as nades in bases) The tank, spawn points and perhaps more healthpacks.

A couple of small things i noticed though was that a tree clip (Can't remember the name of it) is going through the roof of one of the bases near the right side. Also one vert on the trims in one of the bases can be moved to make the angle look more planar. The ground at some places are kinda bumpy, but that just added to the fun yesterday. Those are not even issues, But mentioning it just in case.

What I love about the map is how classic it feels, yet it's a very modern iteration of the geomar (back in zeh days when it never got released) There are alot of sniper rifles, which I think is important for there to be an healthy amount of confrontation in team based game types. Assault was surprisingly fun, and arguably the most fun I had in ages on any map. Even with the tank it was great and very, very challenging. Of course the map was great on all the other game types, but Assault really stood out for me.

Going to play check out some more of it and see what else I can find :) Great job!
Edited by Wolf_ on Sep 21, 2014 at 02:33 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Radiosity Error? Sep 19, 2014 03:37 PM (Total replies: 6)

^What above said, and perhaps some of the changes you did to cons sky might complicate the lightmaps a bit?

Halo CE General Discussion » Universal UI Version 1.1 Release Thread Sep 19, 2014 01:48 PM (Total replies: 106)

Love this, Love the use of multiple angles/settings for the menu. Cool stuff :)

Halo CE General Discussion » Stargate map project (wip) Sep 15, 2014 09:05 AM (Total replies: 27)

It feels like your proportions are slightly off..

Halo CE General Discussion » WIP - Geomar Sep 15, 2014 09:00 AM (Total replies: 58)

Definitely up for it. Love the design.

Halo CE General Discussion » Bigass Public Beta Sep 14, 2014 09:25 AM (Total replies: 951)

I could give it a try for you if you'd like, although promises can't be made.

What you'd want to do is subdivide everything behind the hills into several clusters. That said if you have a horizontal plane near the top (not too high though) that covers almost all the road areas between the hills, and then split them up with vertical portals.

Thus creating a sort of small boxed in cluster type between all the hills?How far does it exceed the tris count limit?

Halo CE General Discussion » Bigass Public Beta Sep 14, 2014 08:02 AM (Total replies: 951)

Tried horizontal portals as well?

Halo CE General Discussion » Hello anyone here ? Sep 13, 2014 05:58 PM (Total replies: 14)

It's the same for everyone that start out. You will grasp the basics fast, and then you just keep on expanding your skillset :)

Time: Wed October 1, 2014 4:15 PM 453 ms.
A Halo Maps Website