A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Wolf_
About Contact
Last Post: Today @ 03:37 PM
Interests:
Your Age: 22
What Games do you play:
Email: {hidden}
AIM:
MSN IM:
Yahoo IM:

Post Statistics
Wolf_ has contributed to 2350 posts out of 412791 total posts (.57%) in 3,049 days (.77 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Radiosity Error? Today @ 03:37 PM (Total replies: 6)

^What above said, and perhaps some of the changes you did to cons sky might complicate the lightmaps a bit?

Love this, Love the use of multiple angles/settings for the menu. Cool stuff :)

Halo CE General Discussion » Stargate map project (wip) Sep 15, 2014 09:05 AM (Total replies: 23)

It feels like your proportions are slightly off..

Halo CE General Discussion » WIP - Geomar Sep 15, 2014 09:00 AM (Total replies: 46)

Definitely up for it. Love the design.

Halo CE General Discussion » Bigass Public Beta Sep 14, 2014 09:25 AM (Total replies: 870)

I could give it a try for you if you'd like, although promises can't be made.

What you'd want to do is subdivide everything behind the hills into several clusters. That said if you have a horizontal plane near the top (not too high though) that covers almost all the road areas between the hills, and then split them up with vertical portals.

Thus creating a sort of small boxed in cluster type between all the hills?How far does it exceed the tris count limit?

Halo CE General Discussion » Bigass Public Beta Sep 14, 2014 08:02 AM (Total replies: 870)

Tried horizontal portals as well?

Halo CE General Discussion » Hello anyone here ? Sep 13, 2014 05:58 PM (Total replies: 14)

It's the same for everyone that start out. You will grasp the basics fast, and then you just keep on expanding your skillset :)

Halo CE General Discussion » Contour map [WIP] Sep 13, 2014 05:46 PM (Total replies: 21)

You could get away with more, the question is how far you would like to go with the detail. What I would do is just let the creativity loose, and then deal with optimization later on. You should keep and eye on the tris count though, so it doesn't get way out of hand :)

Halo CE General Discussion » Hello anyone here ? Sep 13, 2014 05:29 PM (Total replies: 14)

There really isn't any type of training you can go through, It's basically getting the right software, watch a couple of tutorials, and start messing around with the editing kit to learn the ins and outs. You could contact me on xfire, should be near the top in the realworld guild group.

Halo CE General Discussion » Contour map [WIP] Sep 13, 2014 05:24 PM (Total replies: 21)

What is the tris count?

Halo CE General Discussion » Hello anyone here ? Sep 12, 2014 02:57 PM (Total replies: 14)

There are a bunch of servers, I'd suggest a group like Realworld or The Gathering( Not as active anymore, though the servers are still around) http://realworldce.com http://tgthegathering.co.uk Realworld has daily events and weekly events when it comes to playing custom maps.
Edited by Wolf_ on Sep 12, 2014 at 02:58 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » multi-sub object Sep 12, 2014 10:38 AM (Total replies: 7)

Basically it is covered in any map making tutorial, Weapon, Vehicle, Biped etc. If you're looking for some in-depth (Which i assure you there are) tutorials, then I suggest something like what was mentioned above.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo fiction Sep 11, 2014 05:26 AM (Total replies: 22)

Imo a horror game should be very cinematic in order for the narrative to grab a hold of the player. Interactivity is given(Obviously) for that as well.

Halo CE General Discussion » Contour map [WIP] Sep 9, 2014 07:04 PM (Total replies: 21)

Thats nice too, looks like the ground has a bit more variety. That will make it a tad more interesting while playing.

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT SPV3 Sep 9, 2014 03:43 AM (Total replies: 32)

You should really look into having one or two unique mp levels made instead of exclusively rehashed/Remade bsps. If you are heading into mp again, that is. Also a lost cove re-haul should definitely make it unto that list.
Edited by Wolf_ on Sep 9, 2014 at 03:46 AM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Halo "exact_portal" tip. Sep 8, 2014 04:31 AM (Total replies: 6)

Quote: --- Original message by: stunt_man
Portals thread? Portals thread.
You covered p much everything that someone would need to know. You made Olympus mons right?
Edited by Wolf_ on Sep 8, 2014 at 04:36 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Contour map [WIP] Sep 8, 2014 03:56 AM (Total replies: 21)

I thought it looked like human architecture.. I honestly like the setting you have put it in so far, the ground needs more variation perhaps (In the ground texture that is, the mesh is fine), and maybe you should consider night time?

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo fiction Sep 7, 2014 06:44 AM (Total replies: 22)

might have something actually :)

Halo CE General Discussion » Contour map [WIP] Sep 7, 2014 05:42 AM (Total replies: 21)

Love the layout, definitely something I will play!

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Uvwing textures to curved surfaces. Sep 6, 2014 02:28 PM (Total replies: 7)

Actually, i'm taking the inspiration from any covenant map i've ever played. The main concept I guess comes from Concat, A map I always loved to play.

Time: Fri September 19, 2014 9:51 PM 391 ms.
A Halo Maps Website