A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Choclate Thunda
About Contact
Last Post: May 17, 2015 10:59 PM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play: All Halos, Turok, Cod, any shooter pretty much...
My BS meter agrees... -Hud Artist/Creator-
Email: {hidden}

Post Statistics
Choclate Thunda has contributed to 345 posts out of 469382 total posts (.07%) in 3,364 days (.10 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » HUD 512x512 sprites May 17, 2015 10:59 PM (Total replies: 8)

Hi, I made all the sprites for the hud and stuff. The method I used is similar to what your solution is. For some reason tool wants you to do a full size 512 x 512 for sprites, but not when its 2 or more. What I usually do is make every bitmap 514 x 514 where the border is exactly 1 pixel wide, so the black space is 512 x 512. Then with multiple sprites I make them still have 1 pixel between each sprite bitmap. That's why 512 x 1023 works. also i learned from experience, power of 2 doesn't mean width and height have to be the same power of 2. you can have different h x w as long as those dimensions are power of 2. EX: 256 x 512, 64 x 128, etc. If you have any more questions you can pm me

Halo CE General Discussion » Any good HUDS? May 13, 2015 03:30 PM (Total replies: 11)

try out cmts spv3 hud

Halo CE General Discussion » Jesse's Thread of Unamazing Things. Apr 16, 2015 03:32 PM (Total replies: 403)

Quote: --- Original message by: Jesse
Got some stuff done for my FP arms:

Almost finished modeling the glove

I still need to finish modeling the rest of the glove parts, unwrap it all, and texture it.

oh, and then rig the arms of course.

I'm wearing those exact same gloves right now.
Edited by Choclate Thunda on Apr 16, 2015 at 03:32 PM

OK as the designer of the logos i'll explain my reasoning for it.
Easy to legendary has its own icon multiplier.

Easy: Shield
Normal: Shield and 1 sword
Heroic: Shield and 2 swords
Legendery: Elite Skull on top of shield/swords.

See it adds on and is consistent.

Also if normal is the easiest difficulty for the campaign it would also make sense for it to be the same icon.

All of it is just adding on and it makes sense.

Halo CE General Discussion » Universal UI Version 1.1 Release Thread Sep 13, 2014 06:08 PM (Total replies: 147)

You can blame tool and the engine. The font is fine but for some reason tool is being a but. I had to go in and edit certain characters manually just to make it look descent.

Halo CE General Discussion » [WIP] Firefight Descent: Quarantine Jul 21, 2014 01:14 AM (Total replies: 93)

Quote: --- Original message by: Echo77
Quote: --- Original message by: Choclate Thunda
The ranks of each character was taken in to consideration not so much of actual military standards, but to create more of the lore based on each characters specialty and situation of the mission. Sorry if it was kinda screwy with real military standards, but I felt it created a better backstory.

Might the backstory involve them being the last survivors of, say, a battalion? That could justify both the odd assortment of ranks without sacrificing backstory, methinks, plus you could throw in stuff about how the loss of those under their command has affected them. Just a suggestion, of course, because odds are I'll be trying the map out regardless of who has what rank.

That was a possibility, still is, but i would like to think that each of them was selected because of the mission, since the flood is a dangerous threat lore wise.

Fair enough, I suppose. But keep in mind that there are a lot of people in the military, and the more people you have, the greater the chances are that some of the lower-ranked ones will be similarly adept in a particular field as their higher-ups. And there is the old warning against putting too many eggs with good leadership qualities in one basket. :P

I'll let the rank discussion end here. If you have any questions regarding it, however, my inbox is always open.

Noted, thanks for both you and Teil's help. We should have updates later on.

Halo CE General Discussion » [WIP] Firefight Descent: Quarantine Jul 21, 2014 12:30 AM (Total replies: 93)

The ranks of each character was taken in to consideration not so much of actual military standards, but to create more of the lore based on each characters specialty and situation of the mission. Sorry if it was kinda screwy with real military standards, but I felt it created a better backstory.

Might the backstory involve them being the last survivors of, say, a battalion? That could justify both the odd assortment of ranks without sacrificing backstory, methinks, plus you could throw in stuff about how the loss of those under their command has affected them. Just a suggestion, of course, because odds are I'll be trying the map out regardless of who has what rank.

That was a possibility, still is, but i would like to think that each of them was selected because of the mission, since the flood is a dangerous threat lore wise.

Halo CE General Discussion » [WIP] Firefight Descent: Quarantine Jul 21, 2014 12:08 AM (Total replies: 93)

Halo CE General Discussion » [WIP] Firefight Descent: Quarantine Jul 20, 2014 02:54 PM (Total replies: 93)

We are also taking in any ideas to help improve the gameplay. Just comment and if we like it we will put it in the conceptual section later on. But we aren't doing anything particularly game breaking.

Halo CE General Discussion » [WIP] Firefight Descent: Quarantine Jul 20, 2014 06:25 AM (Total replies: 93)

Sadly PS has no spell check. Pm all typos to me.

Halo CE General Discussion » [WIP] Firefight Descent: Quarantine Jul 20, 2014 05:21 AM (Total replies: 93)

"We have big plans, and we want to show you them, but patience is key."

Expect updates from us at least a couple weeks to a month.

Quote: --- Original message by: MoooseGuy

I thought this concept image released on the Halo Waypoint website was pretty interesting.

http://i.imgur.com/v12wbo7.jpg

The curvy, almost Arabic-styled architecture is quite refreshing, along with the touch of flowing things, like the scattered flags and the wavy contrails of the (?ships?) overhead. The character in the lower right seems like it could be the hooded Chief, and that large figure sitting in the background almost looks like some sort of gigantic sentry.

Also, the scale is quite impressive. Hopefully we will see this reflected in the final product; it would be nice to have that Halo 1 feeling again.

Edited by MoooseGuy on May 17, 2014 at 07:12 AM

There has been recent rumors that the concept art could be Sanghelios, the Elite home world.

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Mar 21, 2014 09:17 PM (Total replies: 12123)

Quote: --- Original message by: MEGASEAN2812
Most ofCmts sounds arent custom and probably ripz. Cmt sux.

All sound files except stock (which mostly involve AI) are in fact custom. How would you know that there rips since your not even on the team to begin with? How would anybody know that since none of you do any of the work or go into the work process or even use the assets. All of you newer members blatantly do this because: "oh I wnt to be on teh bandwaagon and lok kool, hur dur."

Quote: --- Original message by: Storm
That mouse icon is so basic. CMT doesn't even use fully custom assets. CMT sux

That is a old screen shot, we have a custom mouse just was not implemented during the time because we try to please this godforsaken community by showing pretty pictures just to calm you down. If you would actually use your brain you would think "oh, its not ready yet" or "oh, maybe there working on it now" instead of thinking everything is automatically done. Or even ask if there is going to be one. All of you and your stupid pride.

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Mar 21, 2014 11:45 AM (Total replies: 12123)

Quote: --- Original message by: Joker

I agree CMT are doing bad. No shaders and I hate that load outs.

Master you seriously need to stop screwing around.

Quote: --- Original message by: MEGASEAN2812
You need to stop screwing around if u no like go cry... engine hahahaha lol see what i did der.

The grammar, its, its, oh god, I think I'm going to throw up...

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Mar 21, 2014 02:16 AM (Total replies: 12123)

CMT will be continuing work and will post updates as soon as ready. All of you have a wonderful day.

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Mar 20, 2014 03:21 AM (Total replies: 12123)

I really hate how this has become a crap storm. No more arguing, its pointless with no result except one side getting a ego boost. It doesn't matter what cmt does because its a mod, A MOD! Not a full fledged game, we earn no revenue. And with that both sides are allowed opinions, but if it just generates non nonsensical arguments, there's no point, at all. CMT should be allowed to do things as we please since we have no real obligation but to create a custom campaign experience we would like since we use our own time to create content. It be the same as with every other mod, you wouldn't want a bunch of people taking your project and forcing to do it the way that they want over every Little thing. Criticism is important, but there is a limit. Just blatantly trying to force something inst helping, you just turn into a control freak and a jerk.

Now I'm done with that I think that things are moving along nicely and well post updates a soon as we can.

Any one else trying to start more arguments or wars over crap, will be ignored.

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Mar 7, 2014 10:15 PM (Total replies: 12123)

Quote: --- Original message by: MatthewDratt
It would suck if video games were 100% real.

Realism, science, and gameplay have nothing to do with what I was trying to say, I only mentioned it to clear up a common misconception about the device's actual name. I didn't expect it to get this out of hand, though.

Edited by Echo77 on Mar 7, 2014 at 06:14 PM

The thing is that it has more than one name: Suppressor, Sound Suppressor, or Silencer. Its the same. So by this we are both right and these common misconceptions don't matter.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suppressor

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Mar 7, 2014 05:20 PM (Total replies: 12123)

Quote: --- Original message by: vampire_girlYou gonna start complaining about the Rocket Launcher not having back-blast next?

Well there are things that are overlooked for sake of gameplay, and there are misnomers. The rocket launcher not having a damaging backblast effect is probably a gameplay thing, because otherwise you'd hurt yourself if you tried to fire in cramped quarters, and you'd risk injuring or killing Marines that were standing too close behind you. The silencer/suppressor discussion is less like pointing out that the rocket launcher should have backblast, and more like pointing out that the rocket launcher shouldn't be called a grenade launcher or bazooka.
Edited by Echo77 on Mar 7, 2014 at 12:54 PM

Well for the sake of argument. It is silenced because a suppressor just helps with the muzzle flash. The point of our silencer is to be quieter so technically it is a silenced since it was made and used for stealth and not a lot of noise. Plus like bungie said in h3 odst they could of gone with actual silenced version of the sounds, but it sounded to weak and just dull. Don't get me wrong you are right about the whole suppressor/silencer ordeal but in this case it is silenced.
Edited by Choclate Thunda on Mar 7, 2014 at 05:22 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Mar 5, 2014 03:34 AM (Total replies: 12123)

Here's the new loadout system menu (bitmaps made by yours truly):

Edited by Choclate Thunda on Mar 5, 2014 at 03:34 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » [WIP] SOI's Tag dump Feb 18, 2014 12:21 AM (Total replies: 1142)

SOI, pm me if you want help on making that a reality.

Time: Thu October 17, 2019 12:26 AM 218 ms.
A Halo Maps Website