A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Smok Niszczyciel
About Contact
Last Post: Mar 18, 2012 12:31 PM
Interests: Massive Halo Maps Making
Your Age: 17
What Games do you play: Halo
Email: {hidden}

Post Statistics
Smok Niszczyciel has contributed to 69 posts out of 469343 total posts (.01%) in 3,323 days (.02 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Smart ai driver: Warthog Mar 18, 2012 12:31 PM (Total replies: 4)

Quote: --- Original message by: TM_updates
Easiest I can tell you is to search up "adumass" ' tutorial on warthogs. It tells you how to set the warthog.vehicle tag up (it's just a matter of flicking on some flags). After that you simply have to load a driver into the warthog driver seat right as you spawn them, and give them a command list.

What?

Halo CE General Discussion » A Sapien/AI intelligence tutorial? Mar 17, 2012 05:16 PM (Total replies: 11)

I only have skype, lol.

Add me, pijany.smok (is my name)

Halo CE General Discussion » A Sapien/AI intelligence tutorial? Mar 17, 2012 05:08 PM (Total replies: 11)

In all ways I could think of I have tried to use command list to make AI walk. "go to" and "go to and face" don't work.

Maybe you have skype or so? Could be way faster and easier.

Halo CE General Discussion » A Sapien/AI intelligence tutorial? Mar 17, 2012 03:15 PM (Total replies: 11)

Quote: --- Original message by: Higuy
Quote: --- Original message by: Smok Niszczyciel
-making AIs respawn in their base, when over 50% of them is respawned follow a path to enemy base and start shooting enemy units, when enemy base is clear roam around it

Well... Theres a few ways to go about this. You could make a script command to spawn them (and respawn them), or simply use the "respawn" count in the squad properties. You'll also need a continous script that checks for the amount of AI in a squad or encounter and thus says whether or not spawn them. You'd also need another countinous script that checks whether or not 50% is spawned, if if there is, thus wakes a dormant script that makes them assault the enemy base. You can make them assualt with a command list that uses a "wait until told to advance" command (in your dormant script, tell them to advance). Once the enemy's ai = 0, you can just place firing postions and they'll wonder around that area.

Erm, to make less scripting, would it work if just placed firing positions (or move positions) and make them go there? I still don't know how to make them walk to a place. I have been trying with placing firing positions or moving positions in enemy base (and set their spawn in their base) and they just are standing and waiting till enemy comes to them :/

Halo CE General Discussion » A Sapien/AI intelligence tutorial? Mar 17, 2012 03:01 PM (Total replies: 11)

Thanks Waffles,

Is there any way to avoid missing a reference?

Also, I have placed a modified(saved as new one) vehicle on my map, but it doesn't spawn lol

@edit
What's "initial state" and "return state"? I have always been setting them the same, without knowing what they are.
Edited by Smok Niszczyciel on Mar 17, 2012 at 03:02 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » A Sapien/AI intelligence tutorial? Mar 17, 2012 02:46 PM (Total replies: 11)

I know the basics of putting AIs and making them walk, but so basic stuff is no fun :(

If you can explain me some things, I will gladly accept your help

As always I'm trying to make AIs somewhat smart, so playing with them can be way more fun.

What I want to know is:
-making AIs respawn in their base, when over 50% of them is respawned follow a path to enemy base and start shooting enemy units, when enemy base is clear roam around it

-making AIs with custom weapons (as in I make some weapon and I want to make new AI with some new/modified weapon, I have tried it many times but failed don't know why :()

-making AIs walk around a place to guard it (which I actually somewhat know, but making them smarter would be better)

-making AIs like spartans walk&shoot, so they aren't stupid and just randomly walk to a place (giving easy kill) and then shooting

-modifying vehicles (for example I want a warthog have less weight, and when I change it I want to save it as a new vehicle, but I also fail on it)

I know I want a lot, but I want to learn it actually so I can make more than one map.

Halo CE General Discussion » A Sapien/AI intelligence tutorial? Mar 17, 2012 02:29 PM (Total replies: 11)

Is there any Sapien tutorial that explains all that ...things... or a tutorial for working on AI intelligence? I couldn't find anything on my own.

Halo CE General Discussion » So have you found best walking methods yet? Mar 17, 2012 07:48 AM (Total replies: 7)

The best PC I actually have (cuz I have 16) is like 3 or 4 years old, and I get totally no lags on my maps. So others shouldn't have lags?

Anyways, I still need help with making AIs follow a path, like I said in first post...

Halo CE General Discussion » So have you found best walking methods yet? Mar 16, 2012 09:56 PM (Total replies: 7)

Thank's for response,

I do know how to use firing positions, but I mostly use them to make AIs smarter in combat.

About placing too many AIs - yes I know it can be hard when there's huge battle on a map, but I'm playing it too so if I can win it then anyone else can win it too :P

Halo CE General Discussion » So have you found best walking methods yet? Mar 15, 2012 09:47 PM (Total replies: 7)

As always I need to move whole squads/platoons around the map in specified directions, but I already spent like 3 hours on "testing" and "looking for" a working way.

What I want to do is:
-I want my squad to wait until at least 50% soldiers from squad/encounter are spawned,
-then move to enemy's base,
-following a path I give them and
-making them shoot enemy (when they're walking) like they would normally (e.g shooting from behind a rock?)

Then I need to know how to
-make AIs drive to a place I tell them to (any way really can be scripting, waypoints, commands, anything)

Also, if anyone's intrested I need someone good at modyfing (or making new) vehicles/weapons and such, as my new project is going to be totally war-zone-tastic map, even more f***** up than last one (WarZoneGulch)

Halo CE General Discussion » 4-8 slot host Mar 15, 2012 01:38 PM (Total replies: 1)

I have been looking on google but I haven't found anything useful, all hosts were 10+ slots and I want just 4-8 slots host cuz I don't like when swarms of noobs steal my kills. I don't care about price but be serious don't make it somewhat totally high. So does anyone know such hosting services?

Just a simple question: how to?
I've tried shaders and change colour blocks, but they dont work. Shaders change them just a bit meaning they fail.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Changing the colour of a Biped. Jun 2, 2011 12:30 PM (Total replies: 18)

Ah, thanks a lot.
What about sentinel laser's color? I want it white, like in H2 :P
Edited by Smok Niszczyciel on Jun 3, 2011 at 08:49 AM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Changing the colour of a Biped. Jun 2, 2011 01:56 AM (Total replies: 18)

TCK can you explain please, because I can't find it?

And, I've tried change colour block for everything in AI tag and my sentinel is still "metal" looking, not gold:(

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » AI problems, a question, and a request Jun 1, 2011 05:05 PM (Total replies: 30)

Like 100+ active AIs. But this bug makes it like 1k+ lol

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » AI problems, a question, and a request Jun 1, 2011 02:54 PM (Total replies: 30)

I'm working on Death Island.

Btw, how can I change sentinel colors and his beam color?
I want to make red,gold and blue sentinels, and white-gold beam like in Halo2.
Edited by Smok Niszczyciel on Jun 1, 2011 at 02:55 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » AI problems, a question, and a request Jun 1, 2011 01:17 PM (Total replies: 30)

You got it in first post. Too many AI spawn (I tried lowering their min. spawn actors).

And btw, I've got a problem. When a sentinel gets killed and explodes, it has like 500 force and unlimited range. So when sentinel explodes, everything on map gets killed. I can't find tag for the explosion :/

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Changing the colour of a Biped. Jun 1, 2011 12:47 PM (Total replies: 18)

Will it work if I want to change sentinel beam color from red to something else like green?

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Initial state and return state Jun 1, 2011 09:28 AM (Total replies: 1)

Simple question - what they do and what they mean?

I've been using them but I still don't know what for they're and how they work.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » AI problems, a question, and a request Jun 1, 2011 07:40 AM (Total replies: 30)

Bump. I still need help with AIs.

Time: Mon September 16, 2019 6:04 PM 297 ms.
A Halo Maps Website