A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: booZee
About Contact
Last Post: Aug 16, 2010 09:45 PM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:
Email: {hidden}

Post Statistics
booZee has contributed to 7 posts out of 469278 total posts (0.00%) in 3,291 days (0.00 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Can't Move Camera Aug 16, 2010 09:45 PM (Total replies: 12)

Yep, I've tried both the command-line method and the debug method and neither had any effect. I tried building the cache file and running the map and I couldn't move. My guess is there's something wrong with the BSP.

On a side note, after a scenario compiles in tool is there supposed to be 0 kilobytes of collision data, vertices, etc.? I noticed that when I built my scenario but since I got no errors I thought I was good.

The map I'm trying to create is the one from the official HEK tutorial, without any of the bases or anything added in the second part - just the skybox with the ground texture - which is why I'm confused as to where I could've went wrong.

Edited by booZee on Aug 16, 2010 at 09:47 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Can't Move Camera Aug 16, 2010 03:24 PM (Total replies: 12)

I already ran:

radiosity_quality 0

radiosity_start

radiosity_save

in the debug command in Sapien, isn't that the same thing?
Edited by booZee on Aug 16, 2010 at 03:27 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Can't Move Camera Aug 16, 2010 02:59 PM (Total replies: 12)

It's hard to tell with only the sky visible, however I've tried moving the camera up/down with f/r and nothing appears to be happening. I set the camera speed to 60x. I think something's wrong with my BSP, either that or Sapien doesn't like Vista.
Edited by booZee on Aug 16, 2010 at 03:02 PM
Edited by booZee on Aug 16, 2010 at 03:02 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Can't Move Camera Aug 16, 2010 01:54 PM (Total replies: 12)

I tried holding shift, but I still can't move. I can pitch/yaw though. Do you think there's something wrong with my world geometry? Tool.exe didn't complain about any open edges so I'm a bit stuck.

My map is very simple, it's just a frame linked to a skybox with a ground texture applied to the bottom two faces. I placed my frame outside the skybox; does it need to go inside the skybox?
Edited by booZee on Aug 16, 2010 at 01:55 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Can't Move Camera Aug 16, 2010 01:34 PM (Total replies: 12)

In Sapien I can't move the camera. I'm pressing the WSAD keys while holding down the middle mouse button but the camera won't move. I need to navigate to the skybox because the camera loads outside of my BSP. Help?

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Can't Export .JMS Aug 15, 2010 07:15 PM (Total replies: 2)

I tried running grablistener.exe as admin but it crashed.

I went to the directory where my file should be and tried clicking "compatibility files" and I now see my tutorial.jms. When I use tool to compile it though, the scenario still doesn't show up. Tool spits out "0 kb render data" amongst other things that are 0kb. Does that mean that it didn't compile properly?

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Can't Export .JMS Aug 15, 2010 06:41 PM (Total replies: 2)

I made a simple map in GMAX. Now I'm trying to export it as a .JMS using BlueStreak. I run the script in GMAX and use Grablistener.exe. I save my file in the proper directory, "data\levels\test\tutorial\models". The problem is that when I navigate to that folder, it's completely empty! I try compiling the scenario using tool.exe and it appears to process something, but then it says "0 kilobytes collision data, 0kb vertices", and so on. So I'm not getting an error message but tool simply isn't doing anything, and this is probably because the .jms thing. What do I need to do for my .JMS to appear?

Time: Sun August 18, 2019 1:50 AM 344 ms.
A Halo Maps Website