A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Russ Jackal
About Contact
Last Post: Sep 3, 2010 07:23 AM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:
My December

Post Statistics
Russ Jackal has contributed to 26 posts out of 469521 total posts (.01%) in 3,407 days (.01 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » -TM Mapping Team's "Project Lumoria"- Sep 3, 2010 07:23 AM (Total replies: 884)

Quote: --- Original message by: ASP_GRUNTS
I was only suggesting that he should make it seem more covenant-ish. What he does with his project isn't important to me.

Actually if you compare our Shadow to the one in the e3 2000 trailer, it has almost the same coloring scheme, other than the interior.

None of this is final either, we don't plan to rush anything just to get Lumoria out there asap.
That doesn't mean we're slacking either.

Also the Revenant is nothing like the Shadow. The Revenant is supposedly more of a heavier vehicle, perhaps comparable to more of a Gauss Hog role. The Shadow is however more the equivalent of a covenant Warthog. Don't worry however, as the ai isn't ridiculously overpowered with the mounted gunturret ontop. It'll get you if you slack around, but stay on your toes/wheels and you should prevail =)

Halo CE General Discussion » -TM Mapping Team's "Project Lumoria"- Sep 3, 2010 12:23 AM (Total replies: 884)

Quote: --- Original message by: 032 Mendicant Bias
Quote: --- Original message by: Delicon20
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSbc4QHseNw&feature=related

they just don't do that much damage

REALLY old build,the new AI is a lot more aggressive.

Nope, the AI hasn't changed from that. And the ODSTs do a decent amount of damage.
But Delicon, use your head here for a second. The damage you see being done here is from "long range", and he's got an inaccurate assault rifle.

He was also shooting an elite. What do you expect. A grunt would've fallen by a burst or two.

Halo CE General Discussion » -TM Mapping Team's "Project Lumoria"- Sep 2, 2010 04:49 PM (Total replies: 884)

@DarkHalo003, the level is about 30-35 minutes long for the average player, on normal difficulty.

@Delicon, I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about...and neither do you.

Halo CE General Discussion » -TM Mapping Team's "Project Lumoria"- Sep 2, 2010 09:34 AM (Total replies: 884)

All credits will be given at release.

But for the record, the Shadow was a collaborative effort from the following individuals:
- Model and initial texture by Scooby Doo
- Initial tagging by Advancebo
- Particles by UnevenElefant
- Shader and texture refinement by Shade117
- Physics and tagging (including ai actor variants) refinement by L0d3x
- Whoever helped with answering questions about perfecting the tagging: including Yoko, teh lag, UnevenElefant, ...

Halo CE General Discussion » -TM Mapping Team's "Project Lumoria"- Sep 2, 2010 06:37 AM (Total replies: 884)

Two levels, everything shown in this thread is part of the first level.
We're already discussing several concepts for level 2 internally though.

Halo CE General Discussion » -TM Mapping Team's "Project Lumoria"- Sep 2, 2010 06:06 AM (Total replies: 884)

Actually if you look at the e3 2000 trailer, the Shadow is colored red in that trailer.
Awesome update btw

Halo CE General Discussion » Higuy For Mod 2011-2015 (NO SPAMMING NO JOKES) Aug 30, 2010 07:18 PM (Total replies: 14)

I would like to sign this petition, I believe this would be beneficial for our forum's welbeing.

It's kind of sad that gnademassica117 and Zira are the same person.
Just thought you guys should know, as I believe double accounts are not allowed here.

Love and kisses,
Russ

Halo CE General Discussion » A30 Firefight: Stay on Topic Aug 29, 2010 03:58 PM (Total replies: 48)

Agreed.

And apologies for being part of that argument, I'll stay out of it in the future!
Also mister Echo The Dolphin, if you want help and advice on the ai aspect of this, I'd be glad to help you out should you give me your xfire

Halo CE General Discussion » [REQUEST] A30 Firefight Aug 29, 2010 12:05 PM (Total replies: 37)

Quote: --- Original message by: Zira Vadum
And also Russ, that chart is based off of my total posts. So all my posts in the summer are about .30% of all posts, therefore it would still say that as the traffic has slowed down.
I have contributed many posts over the summer, so therefore my total posts out of the gross posts would be slightly substantial considering that not many people post during the school year, you might do once a week, but that's it.

Please get your damn facts straight before you imply I'm a hypocrite.

And also Higuy I'm probably in the same grade as you.
Edited by Zira Vadum on Aug 29, 2010 at 11:00 AM

Your contributions are not per sť actual contributions to other people, hence this argument was in fact staffed by your own opinion, not by an unquestionable fact.

You also offered no numbers or anything foolproof to staff your argument, I however offered numbers that completely put you and your higuy-posts-too-much argument to shame.

I win, you lose.

Mister Poultry Lover

Halo CE General Discussion » [REQUEST] A30 Firefight Aug 29, 2010 11:36 AM (Total replies: 37)

Quote: --- Original message by: gnademassica117
Shut the hell up. You and Higuy are the "pathetic" ones here.

Please do not reply. I fear if we all keep this up then Dennis is not going to be a happy bunny.

I never made a personal attack, merely said he was using opinions as an argument, which makes his arguments useless/pathetic.

Oh how I pitty narrowminded people like you
Keep it up though, if you must have the last word to feel good about yourself, I however have things to do and will no longer post in here!

-Skipdrow

Halo CE General Discussion » [REQUEST] A30 Firefight Aug 29, 2010 11:10 AM (Total replies: 37)

Dear Zira,

Your "arguments" are pathetic
You use opinions rather than facts

Get dominated once again,
Russ Jackal

Halo CE General Discussion » [REQUEST] A30 Firefight Aug 29, 2010 10:18 AM (Total replies: 37)

Higuy, I have no idea how you can post all day.

Dear Zira,

Zira: 5.57 posts per day
Higuy: 3.58 posts per day

Get dominated.

-Russ Jackal

Halo CE General Discussion » [REQUEST] A30 Firefight Aug 29, 2010 07:01 AM (Total replies: 37)

b40_firefight had it's flaws, mainly due to a pathfinding issue which was caused by a certain part of the BSP's layout. Other than that it only ran for people with somewhat decent computers.

But yes, it had quite a bit of variety considering the small space it took place in, and great explosive action too.

A30 itself has a great place for a firefight area, mainly the first structure of the first BSP in the default level. One could have that area as the main stronghold, and use the wide terrain between it and the tunnel-entrance for vehicular combat. The problem with this of course is you'd ultimately still get a repetitive experience, since you can only add so much different combat options within one space.

One could combat the repetitiveness with a varied sandbox of weapons and "rewards" though.

Halo CE General Discussion » Looking for people to help. Aug 26, 2010 03:16 AM (Total replies: 11)

Quote: --- Original message by: Skidrow925

First, what is with that sig of yours? why did you do that?

Yes I have some screen shots.

Screen shots:

I was merely making a point, I'll let you figure it out.
And the map looks boring based on it's environment alone...some people do care about visuals you know.

-Skipdrow

I mean:
-Russ Jackal

Halo CE General Discussion » SketchUp - Works In Progress [WIP] Aug 25, 2010 02:13 PM (Total replies: 84)

How contributive Zira...jesus christ.

Speaking of Sketchup, apparently some people are using it to make Forge maps for Halo Reach, I don't no any details on how and why but it's pretty cool:

I wish you all great freshness (except Zira, may he suffer from an epic drought),
Russ Jackal

Halo CE General Discussion » Looking for people to help. Aug 25, 2010 11:58 AM (Total replies: 11)

Any screenshots of progress to show?
I doubt many people will just want to download a beta without knowing what's in it.

-Skipdrow

I mean:
-Russ Jackal

Halo CE General Discussion » Who would you say is the Aug 24, 2010 02:56 PM (Total replies: 81)

Jackal, you could easily say that to him. So why must you only say it to me, hm?

Because from what I've heard you need the advice more than him, both online and irl.
Now no more, I withdraw from this rediculous argument.

Halo CE General Discussion » Who would you say is the Aug 24, 2010 01:47 PM (Total replies: 81)

Does not spam. Just give me a recent example and I'll consider your case.
And Higuy, just shut up. I don't listen to fools, especially ones who would carry a grudge in this minuscule amount of time we humans have to live. It's ridiculous.

I refuse to start a flamewar over this.

And concerning your hate for Higuy...Zira, you only get what you give.
He is also not a fool, I know him pretty good (considering how much you can actually know someone from online conversation that is) and he is a cool guy both online and "irl".

But yeah, I like poultry.

And never forget these wise words:

You only get what you give.

You've got the music in you,
Russ Jackal

Halo CE General Discussion » Who would you say is the Aug 24, 2010 08:25 AM (Total replies: 81)

Depending on what area you need help, I find contacting the following people to be the most helpful if they have time and are willing to help:

- L0d3x for scripting and encounter advice
- Higuy for modeling related stuff
- Shade117 for...shader advice
- UnevenElefant and Yoko for tagging advice

Obviously they don't know everything, but modacity supplements any questions I usually have.

Love and peace,
Russ Jackal

PS: I agree that Zira spams more than he should according to his old motto...

Time: Sat December 14, 2019 10:29 AM 188 ms.
A Halo Maps Website