A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Uzify
About Contact
Last Post: Aug 23, 2010 10:24 PM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:
AIM:
MSN IM:
Yahoo IM:

Post Statistics
Uzify has contributed to 8 posts out of 416213 total posts (0.00%) in 1,527 days (.01 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Unable to download any map Aug 23, 2010 10:24 PM (Total replies: 25)

Quote: --- Original message by: AGLion
Or you could get a 3rd party firewall and keep Windows Firewall disabled. Windows products tend to be obstructive like that.

Yeah I know. I will take care of everything when I get a new computer. This one is a junker.

Halo CE General Discussion » Unable to download any map Aug 23, 2010 10:18 PM (Total replies: 25)

Quote: --- Original message by: Dennis

Quote: --- Original message by: Uzify
I mostly use firefox, but I tried the solution is showed for IE. Anyways, the diagnostic showed problems connecting to FTP.. So I know that's it, but it puzzles me because when I check connections it shows FTP allowed...
As a test disable the Windows firewall try downloading and see if you can. If so then re-enable the firewall and check again for allowing connections. Which OS are you using? XP,Vista,Win7?

If you installed Fire fox it may not be configured in the windosw firewall to allow access and you may need to add an exception in the rules.

Most people forget about their internet security program which installs a HTTP proxy server on your pc so it can intercept web traffic and scan it before it reaches your browser. Most of them are configured by deafult to only allow the proxy to pass port 80 (Http) and port 443 (Secure Http). If you used a anti-spyware or internet security product in the past the proxy may not have been removed. Also if you are using some other type of anti-spyware software it too may install proxy.

As much as they may be needed these all cause problens for non-web based traffic that the browsers will support.
Edited by Dennis on Aug 23, 2010 at 10:09 PM

Yes, it was windows firewall ultimately... God damn, still doesn't make sense because the port and everything was enabled and under the exception list. Whatever... So I guess I'll just have to disable the firewall every time I want to download a map?

Halo CE General Discussion » Unable to download any map Aug 23, 2010 09:57 PM (Total replies: 25)

Quote: --- Original message by: Dennis

Quote: --- Original message by: Uzify

You still didn't read my post correctly... I TRIED ALL THOSE FIXES ALREADY!!! What don't you understand about that? Have you tried downloading any maps? I'm starting to think it's the site because my friends are telling me they are having the same problem. No one I know is able to download these maps. Is the server offline?
I read your post and fully understood it. Just so you know how I know it is your system: There have been over 16,479,526 downloads from the server and as I write this there are over 60 people downloading right now which is about the average all day long. Logc therfore dictates that it is you that does not have a full grasp of the issue. The problem is not the server. If you have run the test in section 4 of the article and it passed then something on YOUR system, most likely your firewall or Internet security program, is blocking port 21 for FTP transfers.

What firewall are you using? What internet security program are you using?

Edited by Dennis on Aug 23, 2010 at 09:52 PM

Yeah, I felt like that wasn't the issue because trying the solutions provided on that page did not work. I said in my last post I know it's me. I'm not using any top line firewall, just the one provided with windows xp. I don't have any major anti virus like norton or mcafee because I don't feel like paying for that for a 10 year old computer nearing its end. I know that the problem is FTP. I go to the network and it shows that it's allowing access to FTP. I have no clue what is going on. I know that I can't connect to FTP because of the diagnostic check I used with IE8 or whatever version it is now. I mostly use firefox, but I tried the solution is showed for IE. Anyways, the diagnostic showed problems connecting to FTP.. So I know that's it, but it puzzles me because when I check connections it shows FTP allowed...

Halo CE General Discussion » Unable to download any map Aug 23, 2010 09:45 PM (Total replies: 25)

Quote: --- Original message by: yayaplols
xD xD xD

it has nothing to do with the server... it is most likely the internet connection...

1. Firewall probably blocked it...
2. bad connection...
3. Try refreshing?
4. Try again?
5. Can you go on other websites?
6. Anti-Virus preventing it?
7. ????

1. No, it's not my internet connect... FFS! How could I be posting here if my internet connection was faulty?
2. No...
3. Doesn't do anything
4. Okay? I've tried 5 million times
5. Uhh, no duh?
6. No, my anti virus is not blocking it.
7. ??? is right because I have already posted everything and tried all the solutions. The things you posted were downright stupid. You are perplexed because my internet connection is working and refreshing doesn't work. If that's your only contribution, then don't post please. This is seriously annoying now... Please people, stop posting stupid stuff. I am not some moron, yet, I am no expert either. I know a lot about computers, but not everything.

EDIT- Now, I'm almost positive it's because I'm not able to connect to the FTP server, but the solution for allowing to do that is not working. That is what I need the answer to. Please, don't post unless you have a decent shot at how to help me connect to FTP. Thank you.
Edited by Uzify on Aug 23, 2010 at 09:47 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Unable to download any map Aug 23, 2010 08:52 PM (Total replies: 25)

It's simple enough. I click the download link, the tab it opens up with page cannot be found or whatever. Here's a screen: http://i38.tinypic.com/123p5d1.png

Halo CE General Discussion » Unable to download any map Aug 23, 2010 08:28 PM (Total replies: 25)

You still didn't read my post correctly... I TRIED ALL THOSE FIXES ALREADY!!! What don't you understand about that? Have you tried downloading any maps? I'm starting to think it's the site because my friends are telling me they are having the same problem. No one I know is able to download these maps. Is the server offline?

EDIT- Halo Maps
Connection test page
You have sucessfully reached the Halo Maps file server.

Interesting...?
Edited by Uzify on Aug 23, 2010 at 08:29 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Unable to download any map Aug 23, 2010 12:35 AM (Total replies: 25)

You obviously didn't read my post. Wow... Don't post before you read.. I said I already tried ALL of those solutions. I still have the same problem...

Halo CE General Discussion » Unable to download any map Aug 22, 2010 03:09 PM (Total replies: 25)

Every time I try to download a new map, when I click the link, it just shows up with page cannot be displayed and I've tried all the ways to fix it from the link under the download link. Nothing has worked... Can anyone help me? Please?

Time: Sun October 26, 2014 4:26 AM 250 ms.
A Halo Maps Website