A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Propast
About Contact
Last Post: Feb 7, 2012 01:40 AM
Interests: 3d Modeling, & Level Designing
Your Age: 22
What Games do you play: Halo... Resident Evil series... Silent Hill series... Zelda series...

Post Statistics
Propast has contributed to 17 posts out of 469521 total posts (0.00%) in 3,391 days (.01 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:

Thank you for the tutorial, helped me learn about using the cap tool.

Halo CE General Discussion » OpenSauce for HaloCE, V3.0, Released Jan 19, 2012 02:35 PM (Total replies: 818)

Yes they are turned off.
Edited by Propast on Jan 19, 2012 at 02:35 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » OpenSauce for HaloCE, V3.0, Released Jan 19, 2012 02:25 PM (Total replies: 818)

Seems HCE starts but then closes immediately when opening with Open Sauce's d3d9.dll in the file location; however, when I remove d3d9.dll from the HCE's files, HCE starts normally.

Could something else be interfering opening Open Sauce?

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » 3ds max and the CMT team Oct 31, 2010 03:06 AM (Total replies: 8)

The campaigns for the games would take too long to make, but it might be possible if a team could make them. However not everything will be put into the campaigns.

As for free 3ds max, there's trials version or if your a college student you could get a 13 month student edition of the program with your college email.

There are good tutorials for Gmax, if anything you should experiment with the program to see what each functions will do and effect they'll have.

Halo CE General Discussion » let the voting begin Oct 31, 2010 02:50 AM (Total replies: 31)

I like both, but I'll go with Turf styled.

Halo CE General Discussion » [ Survey ] How many people actually BSP model? Oct 26, 2010 02:32 AM (Total replies: 72)

I can, but I'm busy doing other stuff most of the time.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Hills mountians? Oct 23, 2010 05:24 PM (Total replies: 5)

Move the vertexes in a direction and use soft selection.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » im making a map on an island but Oct 23, 2010 03:10 PM (Total replies: 5)

You can change the color of the water in its tag and you have to make a fog tag and add it in sapien.

I don't think we are losing editors. It's more of people getting older, having more responsibilities. People have life's and get busy with jobs and schools. I'm new here and have learned a lot by myself, but I am too busy make stuff.

Halo CE General Discussion » [WIP] Halo:ce or Halo:pc Texmod Oct 17, 2010 04:28 AM (Total replies: 793)

Wow, those textures look amazing. I'm loving how it looks.

Halo CE General Discussion » Tutorial suggestions Sep 11, 2010 03:28 AM (Total replies: 17)

To export maps from gmax, use chimp to export the map.

Here is the download:
http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=1147

Click the hammer icon on the right panel. then click 'Maxscript', it''ll be the last one. The rest of the instructions are on the link page i gave you for the download.

Halo CE General Discussion » Tutorial suggestions Sep 9, 2010 10:58 PM (Total replies: 17)

Try messing around with the programs; it'll help understand certain functions and tools. Pause the tutorials videos or go back and watch the part over until you see what they are doing.
Edited by Propast on Sep 9, 2010 at 10:58 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » [WIP]Medical Block Sep 7, 2010 01:40 AM (Total replies: 69)

The map looks great. I like how you made some of the walls destroyed and a collapsed path way. The gun models look good too can't wait for the release.

Halo CE General Discussion » Best Halo CE Maps Sep 5, 2010 12:56 AM (Total replies: 16)

I liked 4 of the maps you have on there. The others I never played or never liked.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Lego to Max to Halo? Sep 5, 2010 12:06 AM (Total replies: 25)

Yes thats the file, thank you. Import the model as a .OBJ. and the maxscript was a .3DS importer. In order to get the .OBJ, you have to select the 'also capture to wavefront .OBJ' box to get the .OBJ file in 3d ripper dx.
I think 3ds max has a .3DR importer already if not there's downloads somewhere or a tutorial.

Halo CE General Discussion » Coldsnap and HugeSnap Sep 4, 2010 04:25 AM (Total replies: 22)

Agreed, coldsnap was too big. I tried driving the pelican and controls were bad. I haven't tried the other maps, but I wouldn't if they're as bad as coldsnap or a huge map.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Lego to Max to Halo? Sep 3, 2010 07:29 PM (Total replies: 25)

Quote: --- Original message by: kev3344

Quote: --- Original message by: Zira Vadum
Quote: --- Original message by: kev3344
try 3d ripper DX.

http://www.deep-shadows.com/hax/3DRipperDX.htm

Sure it works with LDD?

no you need to try

I can't use it because you can't import the models in gmax
Edited by kev3344 on Sep 2, 2010 at 03:33 PM

You can import the models to gmax. You have to import it to blender though then export that file which I have forgotten the name of. Then Import it using a maxscript (forgotten the name too).

Time: Fri December 13, 2019 10:09 PM 188 ms.
A Halo Maps Website