A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Sp4rkMaps
About Contact
Last Post: Oct 1, 2010 04:22 PM
Interests: Rally racing, Russian truck trials, my '69 Chevy mud truck
Your Age: 18
What Games do you play: STALKER, Halo, Fallout, Mafia 2
"wii has better gfx than most 360 games" -Wii lad

Post Statistics
Sp4rkMaps has contributed to 11 posts out of 469660 total posts (0.00%) in 3,409 days (0.00 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:

Being that the last post here was on July 21st 2009 I'm probably going to be yelled at but... I'd like to join. And if anything was posted or announced about the clan that would tell me not to be here typing this right now, it's only because I did a quick forum search to get here and missed it.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » halo graphics problem. Sep 25, 2010 12:07 AM (Total replies: 21)

Tray tools caused a lot of problems for me when I used it too, I hope you got it all figured out now :)
Edited by Sp4rkMaps on Sep 25, 2010 at 12:08 AM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » halo graphics problem. Sep 24, 2010 08:21 AM (Total replies: 21)

How long were you playing before it happened?

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Would it sync? Sep 23, 2010 04:15 PM (Total replies: 8)

I believe I misunderstood your question, sorry about that. I thought you meant something completely different.

What you're asking might be possible(in theory). Maybe you could play with this:

http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=3738

I know it's an elevator, but maybe it could be altered to act as a conveyor belt or at least get the effect you would like.

Heres a map that demonstrates what might not be the same tag, but it's the same concept:

http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=435

Just enter the building from the ground floor and the elevator is against the back wall.

Now whether or not this will sync online is beyond my current knowledge. But I hope this has helped a little bit.
Edited by Sp4rkMaps on Sep 23, 2010 at 04:16 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » halo graphics problem. Sep 23, 2010 02:40 PM (Total replies: 21)

Aye, some viruses can be nasty enough to affect your display, and some are brutal enough to target it. Anyway, glad you got it worked out.
Edited by Sp4rkMaps on Sep 23, 2010 at 02:40 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Would it sync? Sep 23, 2010 02:36 PM (Total replies: 8)

Many things are able to be made for CE from Halo 2. But Halo CE's engine is just a port of that used in Halo on the Xbox back in 2001. At the time they didn't make a physics engine that could sync online, or even carry you on a conveyor belt in single player. So today we can't make physics sync online. Maybe more could be done if there was accessible source code to the engine, but unfortunately Halo didn't turn out that way.

Edited by Sp4rkMaps on Sep 23, 2010 at 02:38 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » halo graphics problem. Sep 23, 2010 02:13 PM (Total replies: 21)

So it's working on the same reinstalled drivers? If so, it was either driver corruption or somehow the DXT texture format switch may have been off in the catalyst control center.
Edited by Sp4rkMaps on Sep 24, 2010 at 08:25 AM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » halo graphics problem. Sep 23, 2010 01:54 PM (Total replies: 21)

Check all the same areas after restart and let me know what shows up :)

Also, are you actively testing Halo while making all these changes? The Radeon Xpress 1150 in my laptop was blue screening all the time in Unreal Tournament 2004, then I uninstalled my drivers and ran into some "life" stuff, so I just bypassed trouble and installed the same drivers again. And I haven't had any blue screening in about a year.
Edited by Sp4rkMaps on Sep 23, 2010 at 02:02 PM
Edited by Sp4rkMaps on Sep 23, 2010 at 02:05 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » halo graphics problem. Sep 23, 2010 01:30 PM (Total replies: 21)

To better help out, could you please:

1. Go to Start>Run
2. Type "dxdiag" and hit ok (without quotes)
3. If windows prompts you about connecting to the internet for system info, just say no
4. Let the progress bar in the bottom left finish
5. Go to the "DirectX Files" tab
6. There is an area for notes at the bottom, if there are any problems found, post them back here. If it reads "No problems found", try this:
7. Go to the "Display" tab and check the same notes area for problems and post them (if any)

I'll go ahead and install HEK and go from there. Like I said, I'm learning a whole new development method here, so thank you for the kind reply :)
Edited by Sp4rkMaps on Sep 22, 2010 at 11:35 PM

First of all, Hello! :) I've used this great site to get all my Halo maps for the past couple years and thought I would sign up now that I have some actual time on my hands. My interest has shifted back to Halo lately now that I've learned a lot more about some game engines. So far I have pretty good knowledge and experience with CryEngine 1/2 and the Unreal Development Kit. However, most of my experience is with the X-Ray engine used by STALKER Shadow of Chernobyl. I remember seeing CE advertised when it first came out and thought "Hell yea, I'm gonna make me a map" So, as we all know, it never turns out being that easy and I dropped the idea. Although I did master the art of HMT v3.5 with trial... Anyway, I found my old Halo Trial mods folder and I haven't been able to stop playing with HMT since. But I'll bring my life story to and end and get to the question I have, and I'll look forward to getting to know all of you :)

Situation:

I started playing with the particle effect for the plasma grenade in HMT. I made it bigger, more dense, ect. As it stands I have an initial particle count of 500 for the density, and a radius of 5.5 for size. The first time I ran the map in an empty LAN server it worked fine. So I closed it (yes, to get a sandwich) and came back, made no changes, ran Halo again and started playing around again and I threw the grenade and watched the pretty explosion. But as soon as the effect dissappears from the screen I blue screen. I've tested 5 times since, and it's consistent. No matter where I am on the map, the same thing happens. Now it is for the Trial version of Bloodgulch but there are three parts to my question. So, is it just an unstable trial error? Is it just too high of a particle count for the engine? Will CE with react the same way? (I enjoy the effect and I plan on using it in the maps I'll be doing for CE)

Forgive me for the long post, I'm just presenting the type of person I am and the kind of questions I'll be asking :) Thanks for any and all help.
Edited by Sp4rkMaps on Sep 22, 2010 at 01:41 PM

Time: Mon January 20, 2020 4:19 PM 187 ms.
A Halo Maps Website