A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Lumox
About Contact
Last Post: Sep 30, 2010 03:07 AM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:
Email: {hidden}

Post Statistics
Lumox has contributed to 3 posts out of 469494 total posts (0.00%) in 3,358 days (0.00 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Portal Game Play Discussion » missing objects/textures Sep 30, 2010 03:07 AM (Total replies: 15)

Thanks. Found under Options->Advanced a setting to "Enable Developer Console" and then all worked as it should.

Tried the AB Test map again, opened the console and the following was in red:

env_cubemap used on world geometry without rebuilding map. . ignoring: metal/metalwall048c
env_cubemap used on world geometry without rebuilding map. . ignoring: metal/metalwall048e
env_cubemap used on world geometry without rebuilding map. . ignoring: nature/hazard_liquid
env_cubemap used on world geometry without rebuilding map. . ignoring: plastic/plasticwall001a
env_cubemap used on world geometry without rebuilding map. . ignoring: glass/glasswindow_frosted_break001a
Attemped to precache unknown particle system "explosion_turret_break"!
Redownloading all lightmaps
Failed to load sound "alphaandbeta\beginning.wav", file probably missing from disk/repository

I checked for these materials and I have all of them, so now what? Do these textures have to be listed somewhere else to be used or does something have to be rebuilt to use these textures?
Edited by Lumox on Sep 30, 2010 at 06:24 AM

Portal Game Play Discussion » missing objects/textures Sep 29, 2010 02:50 PM (Total replies: 15)

Thanks for the reply. I am running the AB Test map in Portal and do not seem to be able to open a console when pressing ~ . I tried Portal.exe -console but that did not do anything either. Any other way of checking what texture is missing? I do not have Halo.

Portal Game Play Discussion » missing objects/textures Sep 28, 2010 05:29 AM (Total replies: 15)

Hi Can someone tell me what texture I am missing in the AB Test map. When I am in the room with the toxic water, above the water are purple/black textures. I presume this is supposed to be smoke/fog, but either I do not have the right texture or something is wrong. It makes it almost impossible to see what is happening. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Time: Sat December 7, 2019 3:49 AM 156 ms.
A Halo Maps Website