A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Ubergoober
About Contact
Last Post: Mar 21, 2014 04:11 AM
Interests: Basketball, Moutainbike riding
Your Age: 35
What Games do you play: halo, serious sam
AIM:
MSN IM: obi1ktoby@hotma
Yahoo IM:

Post Statistics
Ubergoober has contributed to 700 posts out of 470316 total posts (.15%) in 1,291 days (.54 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Mar 21, 2014 04:11 AM (Total replies: 7653)

is it necessary to have the flash-light icon? as it seems they all have the flash-light.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo CE 10th anniversary this saturday Mar 12, 2014 02:47 AM (Total replies: 35)

Quote: --- Original message by: MoooseGuy
Game night for the win!

omg, da moose! wheres our firefight map u promised?

i too would like to participate in an evening of ce gaming fun :)
Edited by Ubergoober on Mar 12, 2014 at 02:48 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » TM MAPPING TEAM ARCHIVES Jan 15, 2014 08:19 AM (Total replies: 25)

thank you :)

3+ access points to the flag makes a great ctf map, the advantage has to be given to the flag seeker. it doesnt matter how pretty the map and bases are, if you've got a base with only 1 or 2 access points then it's just too easy for the flag protectors to camp and too frustrating for the flag seekers.
id like to see 'savior', i know some people have some versions of it, but id like to see it completed and released.
some halo 3 maps id like to see made would be 'rats nest', 'guardian', 'construct' and 'stand off', and of course 'valhalla' when -grunt eater- re-releases -slappy the pirates'- effort.

Halo CE General Discussion » [WIP] ChBgt909 Unnamed map 01 Dec 22, 2013 08:56 AM (Total replies: 743)

i'd like to see you remake the map that you lost. it was a really awesome looking map

Halo CE General Discussion » Installation 01: Picture Update #2 Dec 18, 2013 10:06 AM (Total replies: 62)

i think, if anything, people creating halo content on different engines will strengthen the community, eventually modders will compete with each other, creating content on the engine of their choice.

Halo CE General Discussion » Release: Pit_v2 Dec 16, 2013 09:27 AM (Total replies: 27)

yay! slap happy! nice to hear from you :)

edit: i enjoyed the map, it seems balanced, the grav-lift is reasonably consistant (looks funny when u put a hog in there), love the psychedelic mushrooms and the colours in the sky. id really like to see how the map performs online, someone gonna run a server?

Edited by Ubergoober on Dec 16, 2013 at 10:03 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Dec 11, 2013 12:15 PM (Total replies: 7653)

and check the trajectory, on some ce maps u need to look directly up in the sky just to shoot the plasma bomb a decent distance

Halo CE General Discussion » BlindWolf (Working in progress!) Dec 11, 2013 12:07 PM (Total replies: 235)

looks awesome!! im just wondering if the tail would look better if it thinned out near the tip, it looks a little too thick from the middle of the tail to the end. should it have that finger shape?
just my opinion :) great work by the way :)

Halo CE General Discussion » Halomaps Nostalgia Party Dec 9, 2013 10:26 AM (Total replies: 49)

Quote: --- Original message by: ActivatedTrapCard
http://img236.imageshack.us/img236/830/masterzgotownedyz8.gif

what map is that?

Halo CE General Discussion » Official Halo 4 HUD replica WIP Thread. Nov 20, 2013 04:51 AM (Total replies: 63)

dear god, already a flamewar, lets just say that u both agree. the HUD looks great :)

Halo CE General Discussion » [WIP] Halo 3 The Pit Nov 19, 2013 01:30 PM (Total replies: 492)

looks fantastic jesse!

@killzone- great to hear that rats nest is in the works, love that map

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo StarWars Public Betas Nov 6, 2013 11:39 AM (Total replies: 132)

10+ players sure would be awesome on that map :)

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo StarWars Public Betas Nov 4, 2013 07:51 AM (Total replies: 132)

or $5

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HALO-Combat-Evolved-PC-2003-/291005903752?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item43c14db388

there seems to be a lot of copies getting around on ebay for under $10

i didnt have trouble DLing the map through OS 3.1's automatic DL feature
Edited by Ubergoober on Nov 4, 2013 at 08:20 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Oct 31, 2013 02:29 AM (Total replies: 7653)

vid-doc or it didnt happen :P

Halo CE General Discussion » [WIP] Halo 3 The Pit Oct 25, 2013 02:48 AM (Total replies: 492)

looking very nice, what method will u use for the fan-lifts?

Halo CE General Discussion » halo ce has no potential Oct 23, 2013 07:52 AM (Total replies: 409)

this thread has lost its way, its not a 'team kirby' vs team 'anti-kirby' thread, get back on topic people.

go team kirby!

Edited by Ubergoober on Oct 23, 2013 at 07:54 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » halo ce has no potential Oct 22, 2013 02:01 AM (Total replies: 409)

ive just finished reading the thread and id just like to weigh in a little.

on this site there are also tabs for halo 2 and portal which i assume use game engines other than blam!, i think halo 2 uses havok?

anyway, my point being that as far as halo goes, it's not the game engine that connects the community its the love of the game, the halo story, the fact that as pc users we were cheated out of halo 3 and all the other post halo 2 games, and most of all, creation. whether assets are shown using blam! or cry engine 3, everyone likes to have a look and make comments/suggestions/criticisms.

arguing which engine is better seems to suit no purpose whatsoever, what do u hope to achieve by this? no-one can deny os is a fantastic achievement by cmt and senior members such as kirby's, skills, nor cry3's advanced capabilities.

i think dennis should make a section/tab for cryengine users creating halo content, as it seems there are members here who are interested in trying/already using the engine, maybe this is the natural progression for halomaps? and also, if u dont include them, u risk ostracising them

one last thing, i understand the nostalgia and the connection with the old engine, im sure over the years, senior members have spent hundreds, thousands of hours using blam!, but wouldnt it make sense to use an engine where you could fully utilise your creativity and skill set to it's full potential?
Edited by Ubergoober on Oct 22, 2013 at 02:13 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Firefight Portent II Official Thread Oct 8, 2013 11:16 AM (Total replies: 358)

awesome! great news guys!

Halo CE General Discussion » Firefight Portent II Official Thread Oct 6, 2013 02:44 PM (Total replies: 358)

finally a bit'o'news on this map, is moose still in the mix?
EDIT: m-16 assaults animating from ce3 was pretty boss

Edited by Ubergoober on Oct 8, 2013 at 12:38 AM

Time: Wed April 23, 2014 11:13 PM 141 ms.
A Halo Maps Website