A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: BaDLucK
About Contact
Last Post: Mar 23, 2011 06:51 PM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play: halo

Post Statistics
BaDLucK has contributed to 11 posts out of 469346 total posts (0.00%) in 3,256 days (0.00 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Light Cycles? Mar 23, 2011 06:51 PM (Total replies: 8)

what about modding a tire track decal model so its vertical and re-texture it so it looks like the beam? idk if that's possible im not a map maker and still learning how to model and texture and all. just an idea.

Halo CE General Discussion » Legs Mar 13, 2011 11:03 PM (Total replies: 16)

this person got it maybe you can ask? http://www.xfire.com/video/10ee58/

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » navpoint/waypoint on ai Mar 13, 2011 10:25 PM (Total replies: 3)

on the single player level "The Truth and Reconciliation" if you don't kill the ai fast enough it will put a nav point on an ai trying to get to the gun turret. so if that script above doesn't work you could find it in single player.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo 3 Sandtrap V2 (most likely.) Dec 27, 2010 07:57 PM (Total replies: 1788)

once again i know im not a map maker.

but i know there is different models depending on how far you are away from the 3rd person biped, maybe make one for zero distance or near zero so only you can see it? if its possible to change the show distance...

you would just have to break first person somehow so you can see the 3rd person legs model, i have no clue if that requires a third party program.

just an idea with what i know about the game tho.

Halo CE General Discussion » WHATS WRONG WITH MY GAME???!!!! Dec 23, 2010 07:08 PM (Total replies: 17)

i have the same problem the screen is supposed to be light pink "see through pink" but it plays solid pink so nothing is visible but text same thing happens with some nukes. Its something with the video card i would suggest an upgrade if possible. the only thing i think that worked was adding " -useff" to "target:" so it looks like:

"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Halo\halo.exe" -useff

but doing that will make halo look like it was drawn by a three year old... it will also fix the solid color camo problem you may also have...

i have tried that program "cant remember name" that fixes camo problems for Nvidia users with no luck

i just kinda deal with it, the solid color camo makes up for the deaths caused by needles, lasers and teaches you to shoot fast and accurate ;)

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » vehicle flinging enemies? HELP ME OR DIE Nov 29, 2010 06:03 PM (Total replies: 4)

if its anything like halo pc then you just add force effect to Globals/vehicle_collision i found around 1.6 worked on halo pc

Halo CE General Discussion » [idea] wieldable 3rd person weapons Oct 23, 2010 02:33 PM (Total replies: 15)

Quote: --- Original message by: Gamma927
You'd need new FP arms then, and you'd have to use those FP arms for every weapon, including those that aren't 3rd person.

what about a pair of arms and a biped in the same FP just move the biped up on screen for the 3rd person and have the arms off screen and reverse for non 3rd person? or too many polys even with front of biped cut out and no legs?

Halo CE General Discussion » [idea] wieldable 3rd person weapons Oct 23, 2010 02:19 PM (Total replies: 15)

i was thinking it would just be a normal first person gun just held by the biped "insted of first person hands" in the first person animation to look like it was a third person animation

so its not really a third person gun its a first person gun made to look like its a third person animation because you used a biped for the hands.
Edited by BaDLucK on Oct 23, 2010 at 02:21 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » [idea] wieldable 3rd person weapons Oct 22, 2010 08:47 PM (Total replies: 15)

Quote: --- Original message by: qwertyuiop
I don't really understand, do you mean like when you pick up a flamethrower, missle pod, chaingun or plasma turrent in halo 3, where it goes 3rd person?

yes like in halo 3, im saying make the 3rd person animations in 1st person by replacing the hands with a biped
like make this in a first person animation http://xbox360media.ign.com/xbox360/image/article/787/787943/halo-3-20070511095005081-000.jpg

and i did a few forum searches with different keywords and didnt get anything like this
Edited by BaDLucK on Oct 22, 2010 at 09:05 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » [idea] wieldable 3rd person weapons Oct 22, 2010 04:46 PM (Total replies: 15)

i know im new to the forums but i know a little about the halo engine

if this works please include my name somewhere in your readme, map, tag or in credit room somewhere thanks!!!

no good at formating stuff so bear with me please...

this would be for weapons like hand held turrets and other things with the camera over the shoulder.

it would need alot of fixes im sure but if you put the biped "hips up" in a first person animation as the hands "so it will play the shield dammage on the biped". and the weapon in as the weapon in the animation it would make it look like you have a third person camera.

just an idea though. if the biped has to many polys then you could cut out some of the front that wouldent be shown "or cut them out anyway because no one will see them...". just make it bob up and down like its walking and use something like the sniper in coldsnap "follows your mouse insted of leading it""dont just rip that effect..." thats just if the biped looks as wierd ingame as i think it will when your turning.

and if possible a view limiter so you cant look straight up or down and ruin the third person effect...

if this works even if it has a few seams somewhere i think it would be really cool.

again give credit please.

Time: Fri September 20, 2019 7:30 PM 281 ms.
A Halo Maps Website