A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: glowstick
About Contact
Last Post: Jul 30, 2011 08:38 PM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:
Email: {hidden}

Post Statistics
glowstick has contributed to 14 posts out of 469375 total posts (0.00%) in 3,277 days (0.00 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Request any vehicle or weapon Jul 30, 2011 08:38 PM (Total replies: 10)

VEHICLES:
Perhaps use a variation of warthogs and tanks and increase their speed. And, depending on the size of the river, add boating vehicles for more variation in transport. Also, if it's possible (i'm no map designer), include a sparrowhawk; However, make it so the sparrowhawk isn't overpowered. Remember: Balance! So many times have I entered a game - only to be spawn camped by the dumbass in the seemingly unstoppable pelican. Also, make it so every vehicle has it's benefits and it's downsides. For example: the boat can travel rapidly in water, but is incapable of being on land. Or perhaps the sparrowhawk is powerful, but is very unstable and can easily be damaged.

WEAPONS:

Personally, I don't think weapons have a major issue with balance. Perhaps include halo 3 weaponry - such as that of CMT Snow Grove. But also make it so that there are weapons powerful enough to counter heavy vehicles. Make it so that being in a vehicle isn't always a necessity for capturing the flag or being at the top of the scoreboard.

You mean blue arrow?! -oh, oops.

Halo CE General Discussion » Roleplay Community Is Dead Jan 1, 2011 07:17 PM (Total replies: 129)

Quote: --- Original message by: Garagorn888
I lead EoRP and I am the person you were referring to. There was hardly anybody on the server and if you thought you could roleplay with so few people, then you're an idiot. There was hardly anyone on the server who actually had any knowledge at all of roleplaying, and so there wasn't much point in me taking a note of seriousness.

The roleplaying community is NOT dead. You just do not have the mental capacity to get along with anyone. And yes, I am insulting you a lot, and you deserve it. You just said that nobody in the rp community has the mental capacity to roleplay properly anymore. That is NOT true.

Also, I'm helping Nick with the clan merge, but it's probably going to fail.

I don't get alot with people who make retarded plots like that and claim they're good. I don't get along with idiots that stick nuclear bombs to my face (which sums up 75% of the roleplaying community). I don't get along with people who blatantly brag about being the leader of a clan despite the fact that i am yet to see another member in the damn clan. I don't get along with people who are in so much denial they'd rather abuse me just to defend a stupid comment i made.

You try organise a roleplay and i guarantee people will end up ruining it. Escpecically with your 'letting other people do major adds to the roleplay' idea. And when i said nobody i clearly didn't literally mean 'nobody', I'm sure there are good roleplayers out there but it's a rarity amonst the majority of halo players.

Halo CE General Discussion » Exporting help Jan 1, 2011 04:17 AM (Total replies: 4)

Mmm, Yes....Interesting *rubs chin as a sign of contemplation*

Halo CE General Discussion » what the community hasnt done. Jan 1, 2011 04:12 AM (Total replies: 61)

Quote: --- Original message by: qwertyuiop
I know AN AWESOME IDEA that no one in this community has ever done...

Bloodgulch... WITH HALO 3 WEAPONZ!!! That would be SO awesome!

Dear Lord...There's a Halo 3?!?!

Halo CE General Discussion » Roleplay Community Is Dead Jan 1, 2011 12:23 AM (Total replies: 129)

Is it just me that has noticed it is becoming increasingly difficult to roleplay on halo without ripping your hair out from stress or finding 3 nuclear bombs planted on your avatars face? Ever since Mrp disbanded, all the legitamite roleplayers have left and now i'm stuck with power hungry jerks, nuke spammers, 'lone wolves' (seriously, why do people be 'lone wolves' on roleplays?) and people with ridiculously bad plots/stories.
I remember the other day, a member of EoRp was leading a roleplay. The plot involved him getting stabbed by assassins on the way to the gym, because he wanted to exercise, during a huge alien invasion. He literally said 'Oh my god! Aliens are Everywhere! They're invading!...' '...Okay i'm going to go to the gym, you guys deal with it.' Atleast the roleplay supplied me hours of laughter. But on a more serious note, have the halo roleplaying community lost the mental capacity to follow even the simplest tasks like 'don't fly off in that jet' or 'don't put that nuclear bomb on my genitalia and laugh at me.'? What's your views on the current condition of Halo's roleplaying community?

i think it would be safer to torrent halo then to buy it for 99c from a garage sale. Who would want to risk catching HIV just for a cheap halo game?

Halo CE General Discussion » HELP im banned from every server in halo WTF! Dec 31, 2010 11:31 PM (Total replies: 38)

i'll assume nobody here has a job because i'm currently on a mcdonalds casual wage and i would have no problems buying another halo for either me, or an anonymous person like yourself. However, you're all discussing the unthinkable, uncomprehendable option of spending $29.99 to experience the, not only legal, but legitamite version of Halo.

i lol'd out loud.

Halo CE General Discussion » create a halo map Nov 4, 2010 02:34 AM (Total replies: 19)

Quote: --- Original message by: Cocaine
You spelled "received" wrong.

Important: Forum Posting Guidelines for New and Old Members
http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=27378

Do not criticize or make fun of people who do not write concisely or use proper punctuation. Ask politely for clarification or do not post at all.

also, it was supposed to be 'receive', not 'received'.

Halo CE General Discussion » create a halo map Nov 4, 2010 02:28 AM (Total replies: 19)

No offence Dennis but that's ridiculous. He was simply stating nicely that it would be more helpful if the original poster were to use correct grammar and punctuation. He certainly did not criticize it and it is blatantly obvious that he is just trying to help. If anything, your criticizing the fact that abkarch misworded his statement. That, or you misinterpreted it. I believe the original poster should use correct grammar in order to recieve the best possible help he can from the forum community. And i find it quite dissapointing that you misunderstood his statement as criticism.

Halo CE General Discussion » words ending in 'ation' Oct 25, 2010 04:45 AM (Total replies: 112)

masturbation

Halo CE General Discussion » Life roleplay Map idea Oct 25, 2010 04:31 AM (Total replies: 15)

Thankyou for your reply. I do agree with you to some extent ricola reaper. The problem i see here is still the availability for players to run off and steal a motorbike then go on a crazed shootout before being yelled at.

i just wished there were more maps with realism in it for life roleplays. I myself have successfully organised a life roleplay with currency (everybody started with $5000) and i organised who does what (alot like communism or dictation, i know, but it was only for organisational purposes and to keep the full experience going throughout the game). we had specific restrictions like the airbae being out of civilian hands because of it primarily being existant for military purposes. We had taxi driver, banker, car dealer, gun dealer, drug dealer, police force and a hospital. other people were hired to do jobs for the car dealer such as bring in more vehicles etc.

i would like a map where all of these jobs can be available but without the hassle of forcing everybody out of a vehicle, or telling them that they can't infact own the prowler. I know i may seem strict when it comes to life roleplay but i believe roleplays are purely successful on whether it was well organised or not.

i have been banned from joe's life roleplay, probably because he can't comprehend the definition of organisation. But i would like more server's to become available, and i will try suggest the maps which you have displayed to the halo community. So thankyou for offering your opinion.

Halo CE General Discussion » Life roleplay Map idea Oct 25, 2010 02:25 AM (Total replies: 15)

Hello fellow modding community of halo custom edition. As you may know by the clearly stated "glowstick" to the left of me, directly above a chicken which appears to be squatting, my name/alias is glowstick. Why is my name 'glowstick', you might ask. Well, primarily it is because i have an unusual fetish involving swinging glowsticks attached to shoelaces, known as glowstringing, but i also have this name as it allows for my identity to be hidden from those who have other particular fetishes which i will not discuss. Anyway, I believe i have introduced myself enough to be of some considerable value in the modding community.

I have come here with a very snappy and intriguiging idea of a life roleplay. As you may already be aware of, life roleplays are becoming increasingly popular throughout halo custom edition. However, many 'roleplayers' clearly do not have the mental capacity to enter a life roleplay without bursting out the common phrase 'I OWN THE LONGSWORD!!' or 'I OWN THE AIRBASE!' when in reality, believe it or not, people are not simply supplied with a large military base from the distant future. I have recently discovered the clear problem behind this, besides the general age-group of the halo community. The problem appears to be the map availability. Everybody is clearly using rpg beta 6.2 and rpg beta 6 to accomplish life roleplays, however these maps always result in some bored person, with their alias spelled wrong, carpet bombing our gun shops or car dealerships to oblivion.

What we may need is our (hopefully) friendly modding community to attempt to develop a life roleplay map. The life roleplay should have specific restrictions such as no flying vehicles (some vehicles could be taken into consideration, that is for you to discuss) and an acceptable environment in which people can successfully create jobs, such as farming, gun dealing, taxi driving and car dealing. The environment must be open and allow for the halo community to behave in a sensible way (that is: not supplying a HYTAC every corner of the map).

Also, as i was discussing Nick's upcoming map to him, i heard him state that it was possible to add a 'point-system' to the particular map. This gave me the idea that the inclusion of a point system in this specific life roleplay map would be a brilliant idea. It could allow for an economy and for people to realistically earn money without the ongoing hassle over whether that person owns $400000000 dollars or not.

I apologise if this is a particularly bad idea, but i hope that the modding community will atleast consider my idea, and not abuse me for my horrible imagination and lack of intelligence. I am not accusing you of being the problem for any of the bad life roleplays which are growing in today's halo society. Instead i believe you are the solution. Thankyou for reading my rather brief idea, i hope you enjoyed reading.
Edited by glowstick on Oct 25, 2010 at 02:26 AM

Time: Mon October 14, 2019 10:59 PM 172 ms.
A Halo Maps Website