A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: DevinXXL
About Contact
Last Post: May 16, 2012 01:10 PM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play: Halo, rFactor, Portal, SeriousSam...
Email: {hidden}

Post Statistics
DevinXXL has contributed to 15 posts out of 469503 total posts (0.00%) in 3,331 days (0.00 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:

Thanks, but there aren't any polys without id and also it does import all materials as standard instead of one multi/sub, the coordinates are gone too. Fixing the materials with a script doesn't even help in any way :(

Thanks, but that's not my problem! It's still the problem in my post above.

I'm using 3ds max 2012.
I imported the .obj, but it didn't have a multi/sub object, just some standard objects.
Textures were wrongly mapped, now I have to learn how to map from spline.
I'm using the JMS exporter script.

//Still doesn't work ;)

Thanks, but both didn't work.
I got the following error in tool.exe:
building intermediate geometry...
EAX: 0x00000000
EBX: 0x014B6A01
ECX: 0x00000000
EDX: 0x00000000
EDI: 0x0018F298
ESI: 0x00000000
EBP: 0x0018F170
ESP: 0x0018F160
EIP: 0x76F60C22, 83 C4 04 C2 ?????
EXCEPTION halt in .\intermediate_geometry.c,#444: triangle->material_index>=0 &&
triangle->material_index<old_material_count

Hi! I started Halo CE modding yesterday and I've got a little question...
Because for the first day, creating a whole map is way too complicated, I tried editing a map.
I converted a model_structure_bsp to a .obj, imported it to 3ds max, edited it and reexported it. Now I want it back in the map, but it's still .obj. Can I convert it back to .bsp? Do I have to create a new map for it? How do I do it?

Thanks

No unknown process running.
my RAM? don't think so. Every game works now if I haven't played Halo before playing it.
Minecraft is much more laggy, but i think that's because of the new updates. yesterday, Halo worked. why not now? if it is my ram, is it possible to solve the problem?Or is it possible that it happens because i'm playing with wrong nVidia settings?(i think they aren't wrong, but it might be possible) I'm now playing with -vidmode 1920,1080,60 could that be a reason? game freezing even if its on 1600x900, so i think thins is not the reason, but it could be possible,too.

EDiT:Okay i tried to open the task manager and watch the cpu, but i wasn't able to look what happens when the game is freezing, but with the next freeze, my computer suddenly rebooted. I don't know why.
also i tried the original Halo Combat Evolved. same with it
Edited by DevinXXL on Apr 5, 2011 at 03:43 PM

Some weeks ago, the game worked fine.
I changed nothing, but now the game always starts to freeze after some minutes. It's freezing all the time for 10 seconds or more, sound of the last 2-4 seconds is repeating then.
Installed latest graphics card driver, tried the "safe mode" and more. the same.
After closing Halo, other games don't work either.
in Minecraft, i've only got 0.2 FPS in the main menu, rFactor doesn't even start.
When the game is freezing, there are some pixels white for a second. not many, only 50-100 pixels. When playong online, there's a horrible lag after every freeze. tried reinstalling, no changes.
What's wrong?

System:
Windows XP
Intel Pentium D (2x3,00)
nVidia GeForce 6700XL
1Gb DDR2 RAM (I think =D)
Edited by DevinXXL on Apr 5, 2011 at 11:24 AM

Kay, whed do you think it will be released? 2 weeks? 5 months? 1 Year?
'cause its boring to play offline and online is getting boring slowly

I googled for more than 4 hours, but I didn't find anything. Is it possible? On one page it said "There was a mod to play the coop mode, but is has been removeD by bungie"
Now my question: Is there a mod or is it possible to connect with direct ip? (LAN)
Or are there campaign maps that work online? Campaign UI is installed, the first 2 maps, too.

Now I tried to open an ingame server. but then the game crashes LoL

Quote: --- Original message by: gnademassica117
Did you get your key from the back of a legit case?

It was on my Halo CD case.

Quote: --- Original message by: gnademassica117
Did you download Halo CE from this website?

Yes, he did it, too.
We installed the update after installing Halo. we klicked on Haloupdate.exe in te Halo folder
Edited by DevinXXL on Oct 28, 2010 at 12:39 PM

LoL that is a legal copy. My friend installed the game in the same way, he is able to open servers.
Edited by DevinXXL on Oct 28, 2010 at 12:24 PM

Why? The tutrials here didn't help me. I found this: http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?nid=239
Didn't work either. Now what to do? In other games, dedicated servers work fine and I can connect to them, friends can connect, too. Only in Halo it doesn't work. Google didn't help. Please tell me if this posts are annoying.

I opened the server and client ports in my firewall and my router
Edited by DevinXXL on Oct 28, 2010 at 12:22 PM

Time: Mon December 9, 2019 4:00 PM 188 ms.
A Halo Maps Website