A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: HaloIsAHorribleGane
About Contact
Last Post: Dec 18, 2011 08:59 PM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:
I'd rather play yahtzee

Post Statistics
HaloIsAHorribleGane has contributed to 1461 posts out of 469394 total posts (.31%) in 3,270 days (.45 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Dec 18, 2011 08:09 PM (Total replies: 11479)

http://sharksavers.donorpages.com/2011Fundraiser/araelkins/

been a good run guys

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Dec 18, 2011 08:06 PM (Total replies: 11479)

you guys wanna donate to sharks?

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Dec 18, 2011 08:03 PM (Total replies: 11479)

shopped!!! shopped!!

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Dec 18, 2011 06:01 PM (Total replies: 11479)

Edited by HaloIsAHorribleGane on Dec 18, 2011 at 06:02 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Dec 18, 2011 05:31 PM (Total replies: 11479)

Quote: --- Original message by: SeL
oh muki you are so murry with ur furry art :]

>muki

oh boy I'm apparently an insecure furry who has a xenoboner

>furry art

I can do that too

you like that huh

Edited by HaloIsAHorribleGane on Dec 18, 2011 at 05:32 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Dec 17, 2011 01:08 PM (Total replies: 11479)

20-30 minute thing in sai. lines are a bit sketchy

Halo CE General Discussion » Best OS for modding/playing Halo titles. Dec 9, 2011 03:29 PM (Total replies: 39)

I had a hell of a time getting my monoprice graphics tablet working with Ubuntu. And even then Sai had no pressure sensitivity in wine

Gimp worked fine, but Sai is my program of choice

Edited by HaloIsAHorribleGane on Dec 9, 2011 at 03:30 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Best OS for modding/playing Halo titles. Dec 9, 2011 04:29 AM (Total replies: 39)

Quote: --- Original message by: Actual

but windows 7 is like a flashing target, to cripple that is to give MS the bird. I don't have Linux or OSX in the options cuz Halo CE & editing kit will not run on them natively.

Really, the only thing ubuntu has going for it is fast as hell boot times and security.
Edited by Actual on Dec 9, 2011 at 03:12 AM

oh and the fact that it's free, let's not forget that

yeah uh use wine on ubuntu. most windows apps run fine on it

there's obviously going to be complications since ubuntu has the whole "you have to find drivers manually" aspect, but you can very well run windows apps on ubuntu pretty easilly

Halo CE General Discussion » Best OS for modding/playing Halo titles. Dec 9, 2011 02:43 AM (Total replies: 39)

300 viruses daily

wow

l2 internet

Quote: --- Original message by: l283023
Ubuntu4life.

I like your style. I dual boot 7 and ubuntu
Edited by HaloIsAHorribleGane on Dec 9, 2011 at 02:44 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Dec 8, 2011 05:17 AM (Total replies: 12123)

Quote: --- Original message by: HaloIsAHorribleGane
yeah masterz how dare you go 2 hours without checking this thread!!!

especially at 2:00 in the morning!!!

yeah you stupid retard

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Dec 8, 2011 04:59 AM (Total replies: 12123)

yeah masterz how dare you go 2 hours without checking this thread!!!

especially at 2:00 in the morning!!!

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Dec 8, 2011 04:32 AM (Total replies: 12123)

Quote: --- Original message by: Higuy
i never said they didn't have the right to do what they wanted with terminals. my point was that someone suggested they use the exact terminals that 343 did, that was were i was coming from (plagiarism idk). and yes its very unlikely Microsoft would ever shut them down with a c&c, but my point stands that they Microsoft can do whatever they want with their game due to the Eula starting so that you agreed too when installing the hek and halo ce itself. i dont even see why your trying to argue with me either, since your basically saying the same things that I am

then let's agree to....

... agree.

Quote: --- Original message by: Masters1337

a50? A tagspace whore map is c40.

lolwut? C40 is one of the most tagspace friendly maps.

Quote: --- Original message by: Delicon20

so... have you guys thought about replacing the old dated halo 1 soundtrack with cea's remastered tracks? just a thought, because imo with all that was wrong with that game, the music was the one thing they did right. well, that and the revamped cutscenes, those were badass.
Edited by Delicon20 on Dec 7, 2011 at 10:38 PM

I found the music to be flat out terrible, theres no plans to replace the music as of now, although I'd imagine we'd go with the remastered H3 tracks if we were to do so.
Edited by Masters1337 on Dec 8, 2011 at 12:48 AM
Edited by Masters1337 on Dec 8, 2011 at 12:51 AM

you guys ought to get a musician. out with a whimper has some great title music.. I'm sure somewhere out there someone with that sort of skill would be willing to join

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mdg5bVzxZzE

more of his stuff's here

http://halo.bungie.org/misc/P3PP3RM4N_music/
Edited by HaloIsAHorribleGane on Dec 8, 2011 at 04:43 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Dec 7, 2011 06:37 PM (Total replies: 12123)

Quote: --- Original message by: HaloIsAHorribleGane

nobody but 343i can change anything about the canon. as a fan mod team, cmt can do whatever they want.

so what if they decide to make a side story that isn't entirely endorsed by 343i? it's no different than fanfiction.

CMT has the right to add terminals if they actually feel like it, but like I said, its up to Microsoft to enforce the rules, since that those terminals are their property. Chances are though, that Microsoft dosen't care and you could get away with it.

you say that like it would be illegal to add terminals.

Edited by HaloIsAHorribleGane on Dec 7, 2011 at 05:44 PM

Have you ever actually read the EULA?

It is simply stated that everything you produce and put into the editing kit is owned by Microsoft. Of course you can argue that its your intellectual property, but its still official owned by them. And I never stated it was illegal, but then again, thats up to Microsoft to define if they want it reproduced in another game, even if it is technically by law owned by them.

firstly, I don't understand the point you're trying to get across. on one hand, you're saying microsoft would possibly step up and enforce some rules about copyright, then you say the EULA says everything put in the engine belongs to them. neither seem related to one another.

as far as enforcing rules, if anything, microsoft would try to shut them down for reverse-engineering their engine and tampering with the code long before they added in terminals.

as for content in the engine, adding terminals is just like adding the br, smg, dmr, armor abilities, sandtrap, and everything else that's been ported over to ce. it's fan works, that's all it is. what that means is they can shut it down if they feel the need, I.E. significant monetary loss, as it is derivative of their IP.

Edited by HaloIsAHorribleGane on Dec 7, 2011 at 06:38 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Dec 7, 2011 05:41 PM (Total replies: 12123)

nobody but 343i can change anything about the canon. as a fan mod team, cmt can do whatever they want.

so what if they decide to make a side story that isn't entirely endorsed by 343i? it's no different than fanfiction.

CMT has the right to add terminals if they actually feel like it, but like I said, its up to Microsoft to enforce the rules, since that those terminals are their property. Chances are though, that Microsoft dosen't care and you could get away with it.

you say that like it would be illegal to add terminals.

Edited by HaloIsAHorribleGane on Dec 7, 2011 at 05:44 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Dec 7, 2011 05:28 PM (Total replies: 12123)

Quote: --- Original message by: Jaz
Quote: --- Original message by: LMT Heretic
well like last time, i ask if there a chance that you add skulls to the levels, because that and the terminals are the only thing that i want to see in a singleplayer map, and lumoria is the only singleplayer series that is offering one of them, is a possibility that you add skulls or any new easter egg

SPV3's based off a storyline which is owned by 343. Lumoria's based off a storyline which is owned by Lumoria's dev team.

sorry but you can't entirely "own" a story based in a universe that's already copyrighted.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fan_art
Edited by HaloIsAHorribleGane on Dec 7, 2011 at 05:29 PM

it's refreshing to see something that isn't a copy-paste of some already existing game

did you go to school to learn this stuff? I'm curious to see any concept art you may have done

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Dec 5, 2011 06:56 PM (Total replies: 12123)

there's nothing wrong with getting a bit stylistic with origins. it's ultimately up to the artist to determine how to do things. I find the halo series' origins to be very bland. the origins from games like CS and BF2, Perfect Dark Arcade are a bit on the unrealistic spectrum, but generally look pretty bad ass and interesting.

animating is an art form. animators can chose to animate however they want. outsiders calling intentional design decisions a flaw is like a low-end tester trying to tell game developers "the sniper rifle needs to shoot twice as fast with hitscan projectiles." that tester would be the laughing stock of the company and probably wind up getting fired.

Edited by HaloIsAHorribleGane on Dec 5, 2011 at 06:57 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » >.> Problems Dec 5, 2011 05:34 PM (Total replies: 8)

push what

he's not being a dick about it

Halo CE General Discussion » :3 Waffles' WIP/RELEASE thread Dec 3, 2011 05:51 AM (Total replies: 1082)

Quote: --- Original message by: bourrin33

To me, OS is cheat on shaders until its not publicly rilizd.

Any progress on marines anims ? I'm looking forward to them
Edited by bourrin33 on Dec 3, 2011 at 05:16 AM

so using superior rendering capabilities is cheating?

Halo CE General Discussion » Bipeds - Work in Process thread [WIP] Dec 3, 2011 03:01 AM (Total replies: 8490)

ehhh maybe at some point, though I wouldn't count on it

I never really see projects to their end. too damn ADD

Time: Tue October 22, 2019 10:03 PM 188 ms.
A Halo Maps Website