A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: sOMeonEUNo
About Contact
Last Post: Jan 1, 2012 03:14 PM
Interests: Halo, PS3, Gaming, Stupidity
Your Age: Older than your momma!... Well probably not
What Games do you play: Many
Willing to help with what I know but still a Newb!

Post Statistics
sOMeonEUNo has contributed to 21 posts out of 469511 total posts (0.00%) in 3,310 days (.01 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:

Darn... Sounds like I'm gonna have to delete the Ais and find some way to have the same effect but with less of them, well thanks for the help everyone!

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » One life for you Jan 1, 2012 02:04 AM (Total replies: 6)

If you are tyring to make an ai multiplayer map all you have to do is on the properties for the encounter just don't check the box that says respawn enabled, then when the ai dies it will not respawn.

Ok this is what I get:

12.31.11 17:19:43 sapien pc 01.00.00.0609 ----------------------------------------------
12.31.11 17:19:43 reference function: _write_to_error_file
12.31.11 17:19:43 reference address: 401b13
12.31.11 17:19:43 Couldn't read map file './sapienbeta.map'
12.31.11 17:19:43 CreateDevice succeeded with refresh rate = 0
12.31.11 17:19:44 Sound card doesn't meet minimum hardware requirements. Disabling hardware option.
12.31.11 17:19:45 Increasing sound decompression buffer size to 1048576 bytes
12.31.11 17:20:54 local player 0, weapon (0x0), deleted unexpectedly
12.31.11 17:20:58 AI knowledge database (768 entries) is full (warns once every 30 sec)
12.31.11 17:21:39 AI knowledge database (768 entries) is full (warns once every 30 sec)
12.31.11 17:22:23 AI knowledge database (768 entries) is full (warns once every 30 sec)
12.31.11 17:22:55 AI knowledge database (768 entries) is full (warns once every 30 sec)
12.31.11 17:23:26 AI knowledge database (768 entries) is full (warns once every 30 sec)
12.31.11 17:24:02 AI knowledge database (768 entries) is full (warns once every 30 sec)
12.31.11 17:24:19 ### ERROR rasterizer memory pool exceeded <says this message 9 times for every second and ends like this;
12.31.11 18:08:56 ### ERROR rasterizer memory pool exceeded

Halo CE General Discussion » My First complete map ideas? Jan 1, 2012 01:52 AM (Total replies: 4)

Hmm, sounds interesting, I'll try it!

Ok I got rid of a bunch the firing positions but now I get this error:
### ERROR rasterizer memory pool exceeded <- this comes up 9 times
then it says
too many errors, only printing to debug.txt
I also don't see any file called debug.txt,
any idea on how to fix this?

Halo CE General Discussion » My First complete map ideas? Dec 31, 2011 01:35 AM (Total replies: 4)

Hello everybody! I have some experience with the HEK creating things like AI maps and modded weapons etc. I have decided to create my own map but don't really have much of an idea on what to create. So I was looking for suggestions. Nothing too complex but still something that will be fun to play on. So please give me some suggestions that would be good for a beginner. Thanks!

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » sapien not working Dec 31, 2011 12:43 AM (Total replies: 5)

This problem is almost always caused by a missing tag, Open your map in guerilla and see if any of the names of tags are red. If they are red that means that the file is not in the place that the map is searching for it. If this is the case all you have to do is delete the tag and you should be able to open it in Sapien again.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » new islandy map. needs criticism Dec 30, 2011 11:52 PM (Total replies: 111)

This map looks awesome, and I'd be glad to volunteer as a tester if you still need any more! i added you on xfire, mine is bobdoleowndu.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » canot get tool.exe working Dec 30, 2011 06:03 PM (Total replies: 9)

Well if you're trying to compile the map the command would be; "tool build-cache-file levels\test\<map folder>\<name of map>" type that into tool without the quotations, it will compile the map and automatically extract it to the map folder in Halo Custom Edition for use. Also note that your maps can't have spaces in their name. rename the scenario my_first_map or something of that nature otherwise tool won't be able to compile it.
Edited by sOMeonEUNo on Dec 30, 2011 at 06:06 PM
Edited by sOMeonEUNo on Dec 31, 2011 at 12:34 AM

I got rid of the grenades then recompiled the map, but still get an exception. Are there any other specific things that I should get rid of, eg. vehicles etc. Or is there a way to check what excactly giving you the exception? Thanks for the help!

Not excactly sure, it could be the problem but I have created maps with more AIs and didn't encounter this problem, so I don't think it is, but I'm not excactly sure. Thanks for the reply!

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Sapien Closes Dec 29, 2011 05:53 PM (Total replies: 8)

Honestly 9 times out of 10 this is 'caused by a missing tag, open the map in Guerilla and see if the name of anything is red. If any tags are red delete them and it should run correctly.
Source: having this excact problem myself!

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » how do you use tool++ Dec 29, 2011 05:47 PM (Total replies: 7)

Well if you are trying to compile a map, and if it is the same as normal tool, the command you will want to type in is "tool build-cache-file levels\test\<map folder>\<name of map>" then just let it run for a while and your map should be compiled and ready to go. you would type it in without the quatations
Edited by sOMeonEUNo on Dec 29, 2011 at 05:48 PM

Hello, I created a map yesterday in which I have 3 groups of AIs fighting. The map runs fine for a while then at a random time (the timing is never consistant) I get a random message saying "Exception!" and then it says Halo has encountered a problem and needs to close. Thinking that maybe something in the map was missing I looked over it to see if that was the case, I opened it in Guerilla and found nothing missing and was successful in opening it in Sapien again. I thought that maybe if I rebuilt the map with tool the problem might be solved, but unfortuantly this was not the case. The map has some custom AI's and some modded weapons but I have had these same things in other maps I have created with no issues, however I do get a message in Sapien saying " AI knowledge database (768 Entries) is Full" I have encountered this message before, but it never seemed to cause any problems, is this message the problem? I can upload the map here or e-mail it to you if it would help. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance,
~sOMeonEUNo

Ok, Thanks guys. But if I can't make the ai's have infinite ammo, does anyone know how to make the weapon have infinite ammo (is this possible)?

Does anyone know how to make Ai's have infinite ammo? I am making a map that has snipers but they run out of ammo very quickly. Does anyone know how to solve this problem?
Thanks
~sOMeonEUNo

Nope I didn't seem to get any problems it said scripts compiled successfully... but they just seem to stand in one spot sort of twitching (It's weird) until an enemy comes within a certain distance. i will see if I can fix the problem but any help would be great.
p.s. thanks for respect :P

edit: I figured out it has something to do with firing positions, they run to a near firing position rather than at the enemy. Is there a way I could sort of prioritize the firing position they go to?

edit: I just moved the firing positions farther away from the spawn points and... Voila! problem solved. Thanks Gamma!
Edited by sOMeonEUNo on Nov 22, 2010 at 07:06 PM

Thanks Gamma! this fixed my problem completely, and made the map even better than I expected it to be! The only problem is they can't seem to see each other right off the start, I have to get the enemy ai's to chase me to where my teammate ai's are before they will even start to fight, if I increase the actor varients vision distance will this solve the problem?

NOTE: I am using bloodgulch as the map and the ai's spawn at the red base and the enemy ai's spawn at blue base.
Edited by sOMeonEUNo on Nov 21, 2010 at 12:19 PM

Thanks for the help guys but none of the suggestions have fixed the problem if you need an example of type I'm doing there is a map called grunt_attack in which the grunts run back and forth perfectly... I am basically doing the same thing except for with spartan ai's I made... Any help based off of that?

Nope it's not in a movie clipI'm just trying to get them to run back and forth across the battlefield fighting other ai's... I am not very good at scripting what is the excact script I would have to write for An ai encounter called Red1 to follow a script called Red1?
Thanks for the help!
Edited by sOMeonEUNo on Nov 20, 2010 at 02:09 AM

Time: Thu December 12, 2019 12:40 AM 234 ms.
A Halo Maps Website