A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Richter Abend
About Contact
Last Post: Jul 27, 2011 04:11 PM
Interests: swordsmanship, video games, fanfiction writing
Your Age:
What Games do you play: Halo: Combat Evolved, Halo: Custom Edition, Tales of Symphonia
Email: {hidden}

Post Statistics
Richter Abend has contributed to 11 posts out of 469660 total posts (0.00%) in 3,345 days (0.00 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Split effect for Frag/Plasma Grenade Jul 27, 2011 04:11 PM (Total replies: 4)

After I posted this, I gave it a try. I experimented with both dropped frag grenades (which are dropped when an enemy is killed) and active frag grenades, and I think I prefer the dropped frag spawn. The active frag spawn makes it too easy to throw the plasma grenade back into the air, and I still haven't figured out how to make it summon grenades with just one bounce.

Thanks again, by the way!

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Split effect for Frag/Plasma Grenade Jul 19, 2011 06:18 PM (Total replies: 4)

Thank you very much! This will come in handy when I get back to my project.

I have one other question: Could I apply the same effects to the rocket launcher? Only all the rockets would fire off at once, and the smaller rockets would fire off at slight angles.

EDIT: Actually, I think I'll keep it simple. Since I already know the Plasma Grenade has a bounce effect, I think I'll remove the adhesive part and replace it with a frag grenade spawn.

This way, the plasma grenade spawns cluster grenades, but that ability doesn't carry over to the spawned grenades.
Edited by Richter Abend on Jul 22, 2011 at 01:34 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Split effect for Frag/Plasma Grenade Jul 4, 2011 05:57 PM (Total replies: 4)

I'm looking for a grenade that summons multiple smaller grenades when it hits a surface. A real cluster grenade, but to keep it safe:

It only summons other grenades once, and the summoned grenades have less damage and blast radius than the thrown grenade, about the blast power and radius of the grenade launcher in Halo: CMT Campaign Mode V1.

The summoned grenades would also need to have randomized delay times before exploding and have zero rebound after summoning - in other words, they hit the ground like a dead body. Removing their ability to bounce would prevent them from summoning even more grenades, I assume, but would also make it difficult to spread them out unless the grenade hits a high wall.

It doesn't matter if they're Fragmentation or Plasma.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Replacing Master Chief biped in Campaign Jan 13, 2011 05:46 PM (Total replies: 10)

Unfortunately, since I am (technically) on my own for this project, I doubt I will make any serious changes to the Campaign mode. That includes making Zero Suit Samus.

Unless I can assemble my own team for Metroid Prime: Combat Evolved, the first beta will only see Samus replacing Master Chief, the Power Beam and Missile Launcher as the only available weapons (with Missile count topping out at 10) and four times the health but removing the energy shields.

At least, that's what I currently have planned, anyway.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Replacing Master Chief biped in Campaign Jan 12, 2011 08:43 PM (Total replies: 10)

HIRALIS, it wasn't a grammar mistake.

I was hoping to keep this a bit of a secret, but I am currently working on combining the Campaign maps with Samus Aran's data from the Metroid Online project.

You could call it Metroid Prime: Combat Evolved. Progress is extremely slow, but I think I should have a decent beta a10.map file by March at the earliest.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Replacing Master Chief biped in Campaign Jan 12, 2011 07:19 PM (Total replies: 10)

Exactly what I needed! Thank you very much!

Still need to tweak what weapons she can and can't pick up, but I think I can do that on my own.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Replacing Master Chief biped in Campaign Jan 12, 2011 12:30 PM (Total replies: 10)

Thanks. Thing is, I can't find what I'm looking for there....

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Replacing Master Chief biped in Campaign Jan 12, 2011 11:44 AM (Total replies: 10)

Someone told me all I had to do was remove the Master Chief's data in the masterchief folder of a10 and replace with the corresponding data for my custom biped in Halo Editing Kit Plus.

Is that all I have to do? If so, I must be doing something wrong because every time I try to run the a10 I'm working on, Halo crashes and I'm forced to close and reopen HEK+.

Halo CE General Discussion » suddenly i cant see any servers. Nov 24, 2010 09:25 PM (Total replies: 17)

Then, would you know the IP addresses for the DG and CE servers?

Halo CE General Discussion » Sniper Gulch or InFAMOUS Gulch Nov 24, 2010 09:23 PM (Total replies: 0)

This is just an idea I had after watching a playthrough of InFAMOUS, but why not make a map, not necessarily Blood Gulch, where all Marine weapons use sniper rifle bullets of varying power?

The AR can use bullets at a fifth of the power, pistol at a third, shotgun at a fifth, and so on.

I'd do it myself, but I haven't downloaded 3DS MAX yet, and I don't know enough about creating or modifying maps, aside from the little bit of experience I have from Unity and Game Maker.

Halo CE General Discussion » suddenly i cant see any servers. Nov 24, 2010 09:14 PM (Total replies: 17)

In other words, we'll have to downgrade our copies of Halo: CECE to version 1.00 until Gamespy finishes updating their servers?

Or has the problem been fixed already?

Time: Mon January 20, 2020 5:06 PM 390 ms.
A Halo Maps Website