A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: bubbaganoush56
About Contact
Last Post: Jan 3, 2011 02:06 PM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:
Email: {hidden}

Post Statistics
bubbaganoush56 has contributed to 42 posts out of 469775 total posts (.01%) in 3,375 days (.01 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:

so i go to load a map file from the tags/test folder and there is no ****.map file for certain maps.i didnt delete anything.is there a tag folder that has the map files, that is available from this site?

ok the tags folder was there, it was the "Plugins\Tag definitions default file folder i was confused about, found that it didnt exist in Custom Edition, i hadn't extracted the Hek+ folder into Custom Edition folder, but just placed the folder inside, so fixed it and now it works....DOH!
thanks for the help!!

ok , so i've done that,installed HEK+ into the Halo Custom Edition folder and didnt change anything in "options\settings" and now it tells me this:

Tag Extractor
the folder 'C:\Program files\Microsoft Games\Halo Combat Evolved\Tags' does not exist.Set this under Tools>Settings in the Plugins>Tag converter settings panel to a folder that exists.

before when i downloaded and installed HEK+, everything worked fine. what gives??

ok, so i've been having "beginners luck"? or shall i say "Newbies lack of knowledge" with some of the programs that are installed with HEK, so i'm starting from the beginning once again. the last program i tried running was Hek Tool, and it didnt run properly. i found out this was because i had the HEk installed in the wrong folder (was in the combat evolved folder) so i'm just about to upgrade to the CE once again....so do i let the upgrade install where it wants to (like i did last time, it basically had just over-ridden the combat evolved folder) or should i make a new install folder beside the Combat evolved folder in Microsoft Games?
thanks.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » why doesnt HEK Tool open? Dec 28, 2010 10:51 PM (Total replies: 8)

i think i know what i did wrong there, when i installed Halo CE, it went into the Halo Combat Evolved folder by mistake, because i had created a new folder called Halo Custom Edition and just never changed the install location when the time came to do so.....now i'm starting from scratch yay......

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » why doesnt HEK Tool open? Dec 28, 2010 04:33 AM (Total replies: 8)

ok, um, i thought i had the right path......apparently not?

Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
(C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Halo Combat Evolved>tool build-cache-file level
s\test\dangercanyon\dangercanyon.scenario
Couldn't read map file './toolbeta.map'
file_open('tags\levels\test\dangercanyon\dangercanyon.scenario.scenario') error
0x00000002 'The system cannot find the file specified. '
couldn't open scenario tag 'dangercanyon.scenario.scenario'.
need to get the following tags:
levels\test\dangercanyon\dangercanyon.scenario.scenario

### FAILED TO LOAD SCENARIO.

Cache pack file bitmaps hits: 0 for 0.00M
Cache pack file bitmaps adds/misses: 0 for 0.00M
Cache pack file sounds hits: 0 for 0.00M
Cache pack file sounds adds/misses: 0 for 0.00M
Cache pack file loc hits: 0 for 0.00M
Cache pack file loc adds/misses: 0 for 0.00M

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Halo Combat Evolved>

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » why doesnt HEK Tool open? Dec 28, 2010 03:20 AM (Total replies: 8)

ok, so i tried opening the HEK Tool, but all that happens is a command prompt opens really quickly then closes......and i've tried using Tool++ , but it never loads the scenario, any ideas?

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » how to ad teleporters to a map Dec 27, 2010 10:07 PM (Total replies: 26)

so what is the speed of compiling normally dependent on? Ram or ? i'm trying to do all this on a dinosaur of a HP with the following:

Win XP home edition
version 2002
AMD Athlon 64 Processor
3300+
2.41 GHz, 1.00 GB of RAM

so all of that awesome pc power combined with the fact that i'm a total Newb at this modding thing, is why i'm asking so many kwestions. i am very appreciative to the fact people are helping me here, thank you all who have had the patience to try and help me understand this process.
oh and there will be more questions.......
Edited by bubbaganoush56 on Dec 27, 2010 at 10:12 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » how to ad teleporters to a map Dec 27, 2010 09:29 PM (Total replies: 26)

ok, so i've opened Tool++ selected build cache, loaded map scenario location, then hit "Run tool", now i've got a little hour glass thingy, how long does it normally take to build a cache?

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » how to ad teleporters to a map Dec 27, 2010 08:53 PM (Total replies: 26)

i'm so ahead of myself its not funny, ok so how does one compile a map? is it hard? is there a button i can just push on my keyboard that'll do that? i know what the answer to the last question will be (cause i looked and it ain't there)...dagnabbit!!

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » how to ad teleporters to a map Dec 27, 2010 06:09 PM (Total replies: 26)

Quote: --- Original message by: MoooseGuy
Teleport-from is where you step into.
Teleport-to is where you exit out of.

Make both have the same number, and place them in sapien.

yes, i've done that, what i dont understand is when i save the scenario in sapien, how do i test it out in Halo CE? does it save the map that i've changed in the regular "maps" file or somewhere else? cause i'll open Halo and to go and try the map and nothings changed. or am i missing a step in the process? like when i load the map into HEK+ do i rename the map before i load it or after i've changed it in sapien, because i've done that and it'll save as the name i give it, but not as a map file, so i cant load it.
i'm getting a headache :(

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » how to ad teleporters to a map Dec 27, 2010 05:05 AM (Total replies: 26)

ok, so i've added a few so far, saved the scenario in sapien, now everytime i go to try the map out, its like nothing has changed......what gives?

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » how to ad teleporters to a map Dec 25, 2010 10:33 PM (Total replies: 26)

aaaaaahh, i was kinda wondering about that! no they didnt, so for example the first pair are "1" and next are "2", that kinda thing?

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » how to ad teleporters to a map Dec 25, 2010 02:51 PM (Total replies: 26)

KOO294 said: "No scripting is required for teleporters. In the sapien hierarchy view, go to mission, game data then netgame flags. Place one, and set type to it teleport to. This is where the teleporter will lead to. Place another, set type to teleport from. This is where you walk to activate the teleport. For each set of teleporters, make the team index the same. So you can have a "teleport from" and a teleport to" both set team index of 1, and the "teleport from" will teleport you to the "teleport to".

ok, so i did this, saved senerio and then opened it up to try it out and its hasnt changed at all....what am i missing? btw, i'm trying to place multiple sets of teleporters at each base, will that create any problems? like 6 per side......
Edited by bubbaganoush56 on Dec 25, 2010 at 02:52 PM

yes, thanks a million, found it on the other post.i dont know what i did to change things, but my sapien was working fine like a week ago, then all of a sudden i musta pressed the wrong key somewhere......just like new again yay!

Halo CE General Discussion » Sapien Having Problems Please Help! Dec 25, 2010 09:51 AM (Total replies: 8)

i've had the same problem as of lately and that worked like a hot damn! i looked everywhere on Utoob, and couldnt find anything, thanks!!

ok, somehow i figured out how to get the "output window" to come out from under the toolbar (then again it may have dont it on its own, most likely ,who knows) so now its just my gameview window that is missing, hasn't anyone ever had this problem before? if so, how do i get it back?
thanks

Halo CE General Discussion » Sapien isnt working at all, please help. Dec 23, 2010 09:19 PM (Total replies: 8)

Delete the sapien cfg/config file,didnt do anything.

the white window you see in the picture, is the only white window that i can see.

Halo CE General Discussion » Sapien isnt working at all, please help. Dec 23, 2010 05:42 PM (Total replies: 8)

i load Sapien and in the View drop down menu, all the windows menu's have check marks beside them, stating they are all "showing".....the gameview window is nowhere to be found, the white window (im guessing thats the "options window"?) i move all the way up to the toolbar and there's nothing behind it. i can hear the sounds of the gameview window like its open......but nothing.i've deleted HEK and re-downloaded it acouple times now and same thing, no matter what size map i try and open.
i guess, last resort is uninstall everything and start fresh.....and see what happens?

Halo CE General Discussion » Sapien isnt working at all, please help. Dec 23, 2010 12:24 PM (Total replies: 8)

http://s40.photobucket.com/albums/e217/BengH/?action=view¤t=DSC00673.jpg

this is how it opens, the tool window is open, the Hierarchy,properties and tool windows are all there, but the gameview and options window aren't......

i found the debug.txt in the Halo combat evolved file, this is what it says about Sapien:

12.23.10 09:19:13 sapien pc 01.00.00.0609 ----------------------------------------------
12.23.10 09:19:13 reference function: _write_to_error_file
12.23.10 09:19:13 reference address: 401b13
12.23.10 09:19:13 Couldn't read map file './sapienbeta.map'
12.23.10 09:19:13 CreateDevice succeeded with refresh rate = 0
12.23.10 09:19:15 Increasing sound decompression buffer size to 1048576 bytes
12.23.10 09:19:41 local player 0, weapon (0x0), deleted unexpectedly

it opens like this no matter what map i've exported using HEK+.

Edited by bubbaganoush56 on Dec 23, 2010 at 12:29 PM

Edited by bubbaganoush56 on Dec 23, 2010 at 12:31 PM
Edited by bubbaganoush56 on Dec 23, 2010 at 12:39 PM

Time: Sat February 22, 2020 12:07 AM 125 ms.
A Halo Maps Website