A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: ghk
About Contact
Last Post: Nov 8, 2012 09:29 PM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:

Post Statistics
ghk has contributed to 20 posts out of 469288 total posts (0.00%) in 3,187 days (.01 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Nov 8, 2012 09:29 PM (Total replies: 12123)

Quote: --- Original message by: Masters1337

Also big CMT related announcement tomorrow, although it won't be made by CMT. If you know the significance of tomorrows date you might have a good idea of what will be announced,

halo 2 anniversary....?

Halo CE General Discussion » Project Lumoria... Complete. Oct 30, 2012 01:25 PM (Total replies: 382)

I finally got off of my lazy butt and downloaded and played through the entire campaign....For a fan made creation i thought you guys did a tremendous job ...i loved how you combined stuff from other halo games into your creation without losing any of the halo ce feeling...bravo
the cut scenes (especially) and voice acting was much improved from the original lumoria..the VA wasnt as bad as i thought it was going to be (better but still a weak point ) from some of the crit here and from modacity ( i did laugh when the acsendent sage flubbed one of his lines).

I like your bsp and forerunner structures better in lumoria 2 (more epic than in L1)...very nicely done . my only real bsp complaint was that i think the water needed improvement...
my only other real crit was that i thought that the acsendent sage model really need to be more articulate instead of just being static ...moving legs and head sections would have helped

thanks for all of your hard work ...

Halo CE General Discussion » savior Nov 27, 2011 04:39 PM (Total replies: 5)

in the same spirit of the "pit" thread...what ever happened to this project http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=33033&start=1
man...for every good map that gets released, there are quite a few promising ones that dont

Halo CE General Discussion » Peguin's Pit? Nov 27, 2011 04:36 PM (Total replies: 7)

last i saw...the only thing left was for someone to unwrap the pelican....glad to see it got done

Halo CE General Discussion » [RELEASE] Requiem Oct 23, 2011 03:11 PM (Total replies: 63)

the light flickers but when you look at the biped in 3rd person the flashight itself doesnt appear to be flickering
win xp , 250gs card

Halo CE General Discussion » Slappy Updates - Warning: Pix Oct 5, 2011 09:26 PM (Total replies: 1751)

smexy

Halo CE General Discussion » how to get good screenshot for a map? Sep 23, 2011 11:16 PM (Total replies: 5)

open halo ce in "developer mode" and then after you start your map open the console by pressing the tilde key~. then type in debug_camera_load press enter then type in debug_camera_save ,press enter then press the tilde key to get out of console ,click and hold your middle mouse button and use wasd to move around and rf to go up and down also use scroll to go faster
Edited by ghk on Sep 23, 2011 at 11:18 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Sep 23, 2011 05:26 PM (Total replies: 11476)

Quote: --- Original message by: waffles
looks like the beavercreek bases

yeah.....anniversary edition though

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Sep 23, 2011 12:09 AM (Total replies: 11476)

proportions are a little off and lacks detail but....wip

edit..failing badly at uploading pics :-/
http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/3661/dc5resize.th.png
Edited by ghk on Sep 23, 2011 at 12:11 AM
Edited by ghk on Sep 23, 2011 at 02:02 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Make a list of the best looking maps Sep 15, 2011 10:01 PM (Total replies: 28)

TM immolate
Edited by ghk on Sep 15, 2011 at 10:03 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » bitmap extractor Sep 10, 2011 10:55 PM (Total replies: 9)

whups...halo pc uses .dds, not ce (it has been a while) forget about .dds and dxtbmp... extract as .tiff ..thats what custom edition uses. sorry for any misinformation
Edited by ghk on Sep 10, 2011 at 10:56 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » bitmap extractor Sep 10, 2011 10:07 PM (Total replies: 9)

couldnt you just extract your bitmap as a .tiff instead of .dds?
...or google DXTBmp ...use dxtbmp to convert .dds to a different format,modify bitmap,use dxtbmp to convert back to .dds

Halo CE General Discussion » Can someone finish this Feb 3, 2011 07:34 PM (Total replies: 38)

http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=1668
http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=1974
http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=2664
these are basic, but it will get you started....you can also watch 3dsmax tuts....gmax is really a striped down version of 3dsmax so you wont get all of the features

edit...i provided mapping tuts..sry
Edited by ghk on Feb 3, 2011 at 07:37 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Can someone finish this Jan 30, 2011 04:47 PM (Total replies: 38)

press print screen.....then open paint.....click edit......then paste....then save...walllaaahhh

Halo CE General Discussion » Quid-Pro-Quo Dec 19, 2010 06:14 PM (Total replies: 3)

i might still have it..ill have to look....that map was never really finished ...i think it needed portals, from what i remember

Halo CE General Discussion » [REQUEST]Refernce Picture Request Thread Dec 19, 2010 05:40 PM (Total replies: 57)

Request: pictures of the sentinel wall in halo 2...the only pic i have isnt very clear, so ill take anything you have.

Halo CE General Discussion » Active Comoflague Effect Dec 15, 2010 04:09 PM (Total replies: 16)

i dont know if it works on win7 but there is a program called dxtweeker...it mimmics the ati cammo effect for halo...id link but i dont have time right now

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Bitmap Extactor Dec 5, 2010 09:52 PM (Total replies: 17)

in gmax ..after you export and save the .jms...you are supposed to go back and open the .jms in wordpad and delete the lines above and including "start jms" and the words after and including "end jms"...
at least that is what i was taught

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Bitmap Extactor Dec 5, 2010 04:20 PM (Total replies: 17)

Quote: --- Original message by: rub3n
Nice btw if you could help me with this: I made my map in gmax and successfully exported it
With chimp 1.6 and then created the jms
File with the grablistner but I couldn't create the structure from the jms( I was using tool++) If you know the code for the structure please tell me and I would also like to know the gbxmodel code

did you delete the lines in the .jms that you were supposed to?
did you try using just tool?
was there any kind of error message?
Edited by ghk on Dec 5, 2010 at 04:21 PM

Time: Sun August 25, 2019 12:21 AM 203 ms.
A Halo Maps Website