A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: PoeticRulesAll
About Contact
Last Post: Mar 28, 2011 08:08 AM
Interests:
Your Age: 19
What Games do you play: Halo Custom Edition
Elmo <3's 1120

Post Statistics
PoeticRulesAll has contributed to 58 posts out of 469458 total posts (.01%) in 3,265 days (.02 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Questions for my campaign. Mar 13, 2011 09:22 AM (Total replies: 11)

Quote: --- Original message by: Sergeant 1337
I want some thoughts from the community on my campaign for some stuff.

Character background of story: Squad of 3 ODST's in African Rainforest

Music: MW2 soundtrack?<-- good for dramatic cutscenes (Halo songs will be in there for sure)

Cutscenes: Is fp cutscenes a good idea? (I'm gonna need good fp and 3p animators for these)

Weapons and vehicles: Modified tagset of H3 weapons and vehicles.

What do you guys think of this stuff? Anything that's meh, good, or should be changed? I just want some opinions is all so I can make sure this campaign isn't boring.

I think your campaign is going to give us a whole new experience. I've looked through the SP maps on this site, and not many features us fighting in a rainforest.

FP cutscenes remind me of Black Ops. I like the idea, really. It would be something different.

H3 weapons are good, so are the vehicles. But you can also use custom content, there are some really good weapons made by this community as well.

:)

Halo CE General Discussion » Animator Needed for Firefight Map Feb 25, 2011 10:38 AM (Total replies: 14)

Quote: --- Original message by: XlzQwerty1
I would gladly help. I can also help with other things, not just animating. I am a good friend of goldkilla as well.

Thanks so much for helping. We'd really appreciate your help. Good luck and all the best!

Halo CE General Discussion » [Release][H3Style] - Containment Feb 22, 2011 09:47 AM (Total replies: 511)

Those pictures look pure awesome. Keep up the amazing mapping! D'loading now! XD

Halo CE General Discussion » [Request] CMT-Tensity Firefight Feb 22, 2011 09:43 AM (Total replies: 355)

http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=36652

There. I've posted my request for animator's thread. If there are any errors, please feel free to contact me.

Cya!

Halo CE General Discussion » Animator Needed for Firefight Map Feb 22, 2011 09:42 AM (Total replies: 14)

Hi all,

I am PoeticRulesAll, and have been on this forums for some time now. My request to make a Firefight map on Tensity has been answered, and a team of very nice guys, comprising of Pepzee and Goldkilla88 has been working on it. ( You can view my original thread here: http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=35474&start=1 )

Much progress has been made so far. However, the team is currently stuck.

Phantoms bringing in enemies need to have an animation. The team is currently stuck on that as none of us are animators. I know that there are some really good animators out there, and also on this forum. I thus appeal to your help and contribution in this SP map.

If you are interested, please contact the three of us through this thread or send Goldkilla a private message.

Last but not least, please note that I play no role whatsoever in this map making, I merely suggested an idea. All the real credit goes to Pepzee and Goldkilla, who have been working enthusiastically on it. Please help them out if you have the means to do so.

Quote: --- Original message by: goldkilla88
..Yes.... Cuz im sticking with this project no matter what.

Thank you for your time, have a great day.

Warmest Regards,
Poetic

Halo CE General Discussion » [Request] CMT-Tensity Firefight Feb 20, 2011 01:35 AM (Total replies: 355)

Nobody's forcing Pepzee to do anything, and he's helped the community so much...

Stop fighting, please, I really don't want this to be locked.

So... Create new thread for Animator or not? Any preferred people you want me to approach?

Halo CE General Discussion » Requiem - Extinction on Steroids Feb 19, 2011 09:04 AM (Total replies: 1627)

You're amazing. The piece of art and environment looks great. Those bases look amazing in the picture... and I really hope the vehicles and weapons will be, too.

KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!

Halo CE General Discussion » [Request] CMT-Tensity Firefight Feb 19, 2011 08:58 AM (Total replies: 355)

Quote: --- Original message by: goldkilla88
@Poetic, the Flood are planned to just jump over the ledge, and if we can find a way to script it, when the players not looking. The carriers could jump off of the huge pillar like things and Infections would come from on top of the pillars like the carriers, and spawning under the platform then crawling over the ledge. That's my idea of Flood rounds so far with Flood rounds... Or they could just come in Flood infested phantoms I could make...

Wow, that sounds really great! The flood appearing sounds pretty nice. I have this idea of a cutscene where the player looks for his evac. The Pelican flies towards the structure. Then a rocket/missile from behind fires straight at the Pelican, wasting it. The player looks around and BOOM! Flood's there. Then more flood come out.

But I sort of understand that cutscenes are kind of hard to make.

How's stuff going with your animator? If required, I'll help create a separate thread asking for one :D

See you on teh forums!

Halo CE General Discussion » [Request] CMT-Tensity Firefight Feb 17, 2011 02:30 AM (Total replies: 355)

Quote: The New AI List
CMT Elite
H3 Grunt
H3 Drones
H3 Jackals
My special modified H3 Floodelite (Once its done)
(If I get it to work) H3 Floodhuman
H3 Infection/Carrier
H2 Hunters
Brutes

What do you think?

Nice variety. The floods come in where...?
Of which variant are the brutes? The CMT SPV2 ones could barrel roll quite well. Might make 'em drop over the edge.

I wish you guys good luck in finding an animator. All the best!

And just saying, (in my personal opinion) ODSTMT sounds quite okay. No offense... And don't spam please...

Halo CE General Discussion » [Request] CMT-Tensity Firefight Feb 13, 2011 12:41 AM (Total replies: 355)

Dropping from the sky.

I lol'ed.

And if you're wondering, I've got nothing to do (no scripting, animating etc.) , so I'll most probably keep bumping this to keep it alive.

I see CE3 as a great platform to publicize this. However, as I looked through the CE3 2010 videos, I realised that the only trailer with many views was TM's Lumoria Episode One. The rules are a bit changed this year...

@Goldkilla: What mapping team? And what's this ODSTMT appearing over the forums? You guys really suprise me...

Halo CE General Discussion » [Request] CMT-Tensity Firefight Feb 12, 2011 11:03 PM (Total replies: 355)

Quote: --- Original message by: PoeticRulesAll
Actually, for Firefight Tensity, I'm voting for:
1. Weapons spawn every five rounds or so. But there is little ammunition that comes with them (apart from starter weapons) so you need to buy them with points.
2. You have seven lives.
3. Checkpoints can be purchased for a certain amount of points.
4. Points -- You can buy weapons, barricades, even a LAAG turret with it. Checkpoints as well. But no lives.

Hmm, let me look through this system...

First I thought after some time that there is a flaw in the quoted one above. If you have lives, and die, what's the point of checkpoints?

Thus I want to know your opinions...

a) - No checkpoints.
b) - Checkpoints restart you to the beginning of the current wave.
c) - Checkpoints respawn you with the weapons you had when you died, and at the beginning of the current wave. (Because you bought the weapons.)
d) - Checkpoints respawn you with the weapons you had when you died, and you continue from where you left off.

As for the suggested system, I think it can be done in this way, but the checkpoint thingy has really got me thinking hard.

The weapons can be placed on the map at first. Ammunition as well. A decent amount, which will require topping-up as the game progresses.

The lives thing can be done, just like on Ascension Firefight and Solitude Firefight.

Points-- Can be awarded after a wave is exterminated.

With the points, you can buy weapons, barricades, and the Machine Gun Turret. I think it's ( object_create_anew ) being used by the system, right?

I'm not sure about the checkpoints though. Gamma927 did it in Firefight Portent, but that's for saving the game, not after you die.

May I have your criticism?

Halo CE General Discussion » [MAP] RPG_Snowy Feb 10, 2011 09:27 AM (Total replies: 31)

Wow... I thought there was going to be a Reach Falcon... but anyways, nevermind! Can't wait to try out the race track, heard from friends that it was epic! (They said something about hitting a ramp and their hogs flying like mad...)

Halo CE General Discussion » Favorite Halo Cutscene Feb 10, 2011 09:24 AM (Total replies: 43)

My favourite definitely has to be the one in Halo Reach: Tip Of The Spear Opening.

For a series of reasons:

1. It's animated on an epic scale (tons of vehicles, wraith mortars, blowing up of the "birthday cake"...)

2. Great speech. I like it as how someone in a Falcon yells down to someone in the warthog.

3. I just felt that it really brought out the feelings in the campaign. For example, you start off with a massive invasion force, all full of confidence, ready to kick Covenant a**. The sense of UNSC bondedness and sacrifism is really there.

Halo CE General Discussion » [Request] CMT-Tensity Firefight Feb 10, 2011 09:21 AM (Total replies: 355)

Hi guys, it's been too long!

I am done with my course's Research Paper, and I will try to login to comment and communicate with you guys more often whenever I'm free.

Firstly, I'm sorry for bumping this thread, it's like 10 days dead... Sorry to all who hate old threads resurfacing.

I know that some advancements have been made to this project while I was gone. Will try to communicate here on a daily basis from now on.

@Pepzee: Saw your thread, and read about your sudden interest in Firefight maps. Scripting might be a bit hard to do for a points system, the one I suggested might be impossible to do up. Either way, I hope you enjoy your scripting! If you are thinking of making this a sustainable Mapping Team, you might want to recruit people... (Is it just me, or are you guys recruiting an animator for the Phantom? Nope, I'm just browsing through the threads, and chanced upon it.)

And if you want to make a Mapping Team, I learnt from MoooseGuy, it's sometimes special to make new BSP's for Firefights, you might want to consider hiring a BSP maker. I'm a terrible noob at 3DS Max, I can only draw shapes...

@The Rest: If you guys like this, why not put it into CE3? It's in July, and I think it's possible that you all can gain popularity for this project there.

Lastly, I played no part at all in this map-making. I'm a newbie here, anyway. So I think the real credit goes to the team who has been working hard to bring the community and us all enjoyment. Cheers to them!

Regards,
Poetic

Halo CE General Discussion » [Request]Dual Plasma Pistols? Jan 30, 2011 01:45 AM (Total replies: 95)

All I can say is that, Dual Plasma Pistols sounds like a good idea. But it might sort of be a bit weird to hold both mouse buttons down, unlike a 360 controller...

And I'd love it if they could disable vehicles just like in Reach :D

Halo CE General Discussion » [Request] CMT-Tensity Firefight Jan 30, 2011 01:41 AM (Total replies: 355)

To be challenging a moderator is really ... ...

@Goldkilla: MP Map - Multiplayer?

How's the Firefight coming along?

Halo CE General Discussion » Project: Insurrection Jan 20, 2011 07:42 AM (Total replies: 215)

I've been waiting for this ever since CE3, and I love the BSP and cool warthog.

I think the stealth idea of the mission and the enemy "alertness level" is quite realistic. But... did the Insurrectionists have Pelicans? Unless they stole them from UNSC :O

As for the AR, I'm not sure but something dosen't seem right to me either...

Halo CE General Discussion » [Request] CMT-Tensity Firefight Jan 20, 2011 05:22 AM (Total replies: 355)

Hi guys,
I apologize for bumping this thread though it's 9 days past...
I also apologize for being out of these forums for such a long time, it's been a hectic first 2 weeks of school in my new year and I've got projects, assignments... all the stuff I hate.

To stay on topic, are there any updates on Tensity-Firefight?

What type of cutscenes does the community think should be in the level? The only one I've thought off is where your evacuation pelican gets shot down and flood comes running out... ...

Good work so far, it's really starting to come into shape! Good luck! (But don't neglect your personal life either , or you will die like me now trying to finish all my stuff on time...)

I do hope none of you are mad at me for being away for so long

Thanks.

Warmest Regards,
PoeticRulesAll

Halo CE General Discussion » [Request] CMT-Tensity Firefight Jan 10, 2011 07:41 AM (Total replies: 355)

Sorry about that.

Don't think we should use loadouts, we have tons of weapons on the map anyway.

Regards.

@Goldkilla: Those bipeds sound awesome! Especially the flood, will they be part of the bonus wave?

Halo CE General Discussion » [Request] CMT-Tensity Firefight Jan 9, 2011 05:48 AM (Total replies: 355)

Good luck! I just saw MoooseGuy's Xfire video of the loadout system he put together for Descent, should we integrate them into Tensity?

http://www.xfire.com/video/3dbd53/

Time: Sun November 17, 2019 9:53 PM 219 ms.
A Halo Maps Website