A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Nickster5000
About Contact
Last Post: Oct 16, 2019 04:41 PM
Interests:
Your Age: 19
What Games do you play: Halo CE
Email: {hidden}

Post Statistics
Nickster5000 has contributed to 1563 posts out of 469466 total posts (.33%) in 3,268 days (.48 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:

Well, the hardest part of your endeavor is going from Halo CE to 3DS Max. Getting stuff into unity is very easy to do.

I think Adjutant allows you to export BSP's from Halo Custom Edition (I know they definitely let you export from newer halo games). Not sure where the most reliable download for Adjutant is though, however. Perhaps someone else can chime in on this one.

When your endeavor is successful, you should upload panoramic video so I can see how it looks please & thank you.

Halo CE General Discussion » Firefight Descent: Quarantine Sep 1, 2019 04:01 PM (Total replies: 7)

Unfortunately, the map archive for halomaps hasn't been updated in over 4 years, so you might not be able to upload to halomaps anymore.

Either way, very excited for this release!!!

Except it is 2019, this website hasn't been updated in over 5 years, has an outdated stack & 1 person moderating it.

Doesn't sound very "stuck up" to want a better community for Halo modders & players.
Edited by Nickster5000 on Aug 11, 2019 at 09:59 PM

Quote: --- Original message by: Banshee64
Don't even bother with Halo 4 lol

Halo CE General Discussion » HSC Visual Studio Code Extension Jul 13, 2019 03:37 AM (Total replies: 0)

Title and image describes it all. Installation instructions can be found at: https://github.com/Nickzster/hsc
Edited by Nickster5000 on Jul 13, 2019 at 06:34 AM

Well, I want it to be a website by the community, for the community and for new community members, which is why I invited the community in the original post to help me write this content. The Latin (Lorem ipsum) is placeholder text until I get content for it.
Edited by Nickster5000 on Jul 10, 2019 at 05:47 PM

Hey everyone!

I was thinking of a way to contribute to this community, as I feel that Sector 09 wasn’t enough. I have a bunch of projects (as you might have read on my release thread a while back) that requires too much work for me to complete in this day and age. So I got thinking, and I realized my contribution was under my nose this entire time…

I am currently majoring in Computer Science (I graduate in December, woo hoo!), so a big thought on my mind is landing a job when I graduate. I am a firm believer that the web browser and mobile applications is going to be a big part of the future. Now isn’t a better time to get into Web Development, and learn serious skills like designing websites and building full stack web applications. I have been learning HTML / CSS / Javascript, Front End frameworks like React & Redux, Node JS on the Backend, and other backend frameworks like Express.

The answer to my contribution is in the form of a website / web applications, of course!

Now let me ask you a question… When someone asks you “What is Halo Custom Edition?” or, you try your best to explain what Halo Custom Edition is to your friends… how do you explain it?

After pondering these questions, I came to the realization that this community has two problems:

• It is very fragmented (Some users actively participate in Discord Servers, some users actively participate on Halomaps, and some users actively participate on OpenCarnage, some users actively participate on Youtube, and the list goes on)

• With the tremendous amounts of projects, it can be very difficult to explain what Halo Custom Edition is, what Halo Custom Edition is capable of, and what you can actually do with it.

Now I get to the point of this post, and my solution to this problem: http://www.haloce.org

I have built a simple landing page that is designed to “describe” what Halo CE is, how to install it for those folks who are new to the community, and to have a central HUB for the entire community. If you follow the link above, you will see this landing page in full (note, that it is not responsive yet. I will make a pass to make it mobile friendly).

You’ll probably also notice a lot of Gibberish on the pages (This is Latin text placeholder, called Lorem Ipsum) and you’ll also notice ugly empty images (that display 1900x1080 rather than a pretty image). This is why I am writing this post today.

Have you ever gone through the same spiel that I have, not having any ideas to contribute to the community? Or not having the technical experience to make a map? For those who want to contribute something to the community, I ask for you to help me replace the Lorem Ipsum text with actual content that clearly describes Halo Custom Edition. I also ask for you to help me create or find images to replace the ugly 1900x1080 images.

I also want to reach out to the mappers / modders of this community, and direct you to this page: www.haloce.org/sector09/sector09.html

Now, I am not trying to toot my own horn with Sector 09, but I am very intimate with the project (I made it, for those who are unaware), so it was easier for me to build a sample “Project” page. I wanted to come up with a proof-of-concept “Project” page, and build project pages for those in the community that are deserving of one.

So I ask of you, the modders / mappers to take a look at the Sector 09 page, critique it, and think of other content that a “Project” page might need.

I thank you for taking the time to read this post, and to contribute to this website for the fellow community!

-Nickster5000

You are more than welcome to use it however you wish. If you want to integrate your own style into it, go for it! Other than getting some time to go through some of my other stuff and release it, I think my days in Halo are over.

Quote: --- Original message by: Masters1337
Question! How much of the map is using ripped content? As we start working on SPV3 firefight, I'd love to do a version of this with custom assets and stuff we had from Oddball, with your permission. Would we be looking at just needing to replace textures, or is geometry extracted as well outside of scenery.

Textures are all ripped, geometry is completely custom.

There are some files with ripped geometry, however (as background scenery, the tall skyscrapers for example)
Edited by Nickster5000 on Jun 16, 2019 at 12:34 AM

I have received a request for source for Sector 09, so I figured I'd publicly release it (I know, its been long overdue.)

Sector09 RAW Release - ALL BSP's - Nickster5000

NOTE: Files preceded in _ means that they are important. I marked them with this underscore as I was going through the files.

Description: Included in this release is ALL of the iterations that sector09 went through from 2012, all the way to its release in 2016.
Included in this release is the following directories, and notes about what this directory consists of:

***bitmaps
-RPG_Rips and RPG_Rips2 should contain all of the bitmaps that I ripped from halo 3 ODST.
NOTE: SOME OF THE FILES WILL HAVE BROKEN REFERENCES. I DID NOT RENAME ANY OF THE FILES, but they may be in different locations. I recommend that you rip your own version of the Halo 3: ODST bitmaps using adjutant to suit your needs.

***misc
-Contains files that were used in showing sector09, and other documentation used in its development.

***sector09-2012
-The very first iteration of sector09. I could not find the original... however, I found two animation demos that I created on the original model, which should suffice.

***sector09-2014
-Old sector 09 build. I believe one of these didn't even make it ingame. Don't remember a whole lot about these files, so have fun playing around with them!

***sector09-2014-b
-Another old sector 09 build. More files that I made for sector 09. Don't remember a whole lot about this one either, so have fun playing around!!!

***sector09-ce3-2015
-Second to most significant file in this pack. This was the demo that was showcased at CE3 2015.

***sector09-2016
-Most significant file for sector09's release. Contains the version of the BSP that was in the final release, as well as some updates to it.

xtra
-Extra files that I found laying around.

README.txt - this file.

DOWNLOAD: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ko4teqmqoj3x6ic/sector09-raw.zip?dl=1

Please let me know if there is anything missing. Enjoy!

-Nickster5000

Halo CE General Discussion » Nickster5000's Release Thread Mar 19, 2019 01:53 AM (Total replies: 5)

okay. Thank you for the free complimentary bump, my friend.

I have centralized my entire release onto a website. I am currently working on getting the downloads together. Once they are all together, I will notify this thread one more time, notifying everyone that all downloads for all projects are available.

-Due to bootstrap vulnerabilities, I had to take the website down. I will rebuild it with a different framework and link it when it is live-
Edited by Nickster5000 on Jun 2, 2019 at 04:47 AM
Edited by Nickster5000 on Jun 2, 2019 at 04:47 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo: The Master Chief Collection Coming to PC Mar 13, 2019 04:49 AM (Total replies: 77)

I think it is in Microsoft’s best interest to release some form of editing kit. Doesn’t necesairly have to be released right away with the game. In any regard, people will have an interest in reverse engineering the game, so might as well give them what they want.

Halo CE General Discussion » Nickster5000's Release Thread Mar 13, 2019 02:15 AM (Total replies: 5)

Good to hear from you too OpsY. Sent you a DM.

Also, time for more releases. I have a couple in this bunch. Let's start with the pretty ones with images.
====================================================================================
Playground
A map I generated with heightmaps. Was trying to make some sort of campaign / RP map out of it. I think it looks pretty cool.

Download
Type: sv_map

====================================================================================
Forest
This was a definite RP map work in progress. I didn't like the terrain after a while, so I stopped working on it. I think there's still good stuff that can be scrapped from it:

Download

Salvationb6
This was for a Terminator event I was working on. Features this cool prisoner transport ship I made from Terminator: Salvation

Download

Ships
These are the drive-able versions of the ships from a while back. Includes the original map with the ships as well.

Download
Type: map_name

Project Zulu: This was my "prized possession" project back from 2011. This archive includes a bunch of cool SP maps to play. Note: The maps with the "_hub" prefix are linked. To play this multimap demo, load bg_hub.
Remember my Project Zulu Trailer from nearly 8 years ago? This is exactly what this release contains, plus more maps.
Download
Type: map_name

Celer Exile V3: The long awaited, complete sequel to the series. B5 is the best version to use for Role-Playing potential, for those who still RP out there.
Download

Enjoy!
Edited by Nickster5000 on Mar 13, 2019 at 02:16 AM
Edited by Nickster5000 on Mar 13, 2019 at 02:44 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Nickster5000's Release Thread Mar 7, 2019 03:01 PM (Total replies: 5)

Nickster's Final Release:

Stuff that the public has never seen:
-Operation Coldcoast
-Mass Driver Cannon and other stuff (RPG_PZ)
-RPG_Wilderness (W/ Halo wars base and other stuff)
-Snow APC from Zulu
-5 ships (Battleship, Barracuda, Frigate, Cruiser, Halberd Class destroyer) - Scenery + Space battles - Map + Drive-able ships listed above.
-Cars (Ingamed versions, and versions rigged up)
-Twisted Metal maps
-Scarab Test
-VKMT Invasion beginning area
-Rammstein Stuff
-Polyonymous Multiplayer map blockout
-All previous versions of Zulu (or whatever versions I have... the BSP has undergone many changes throughout its 33 different builds).
Sector 09:
-All versions of the map, hopefully in 3DS Format (V1 (The long fight-to-the-top version), V2, V3, and the final version)
-All scripts (I might have released this already, but I will place another link in here for completeness).
Custom Vehicles
-This includes all Fast & Furious related vehicles & minigun mounted vehicles
GTA_Halo
-[ACTIVELY WIP] Source for the mod will be available on GitHub around August 2019.
Misc Stuff
-Eternal Source Material
-A bunch of 3D Models that I still need to go through.
-Other vehicles I forgot about: SalvationB6
-Old Project Zulu Prototypes (F10, F20, F30_v2)
-Celer Exile ODST (B5, B6, Final. Recommend B5 for RP purposes) V3
Playground
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello Everyone,

Over the past 5 years, I have made a lot of stuff for Halo CE. Some of it you have seen (Sector 09, some VKMT stuff, Zulu, so on and so forth), but there is a lot of things I haven't mentioned at all. These things are largely incomplete, but I thought everyone would enjoy the source content.

My goal is, by the end of this year, to release everything on this list. I am busy with school and life right now, so it will be a slow effort to organize everything and release it.

I will release them in any format I have available. If you would like them in a different format (let's say 3DS Max format, or whatever) I will take requests until the end of the year, and attempt to hunt them down.

I will be updating the main post with links to the project as I get them ready for release. Once everything in this list is complete, I will be making a copy of this post over on OpenCarnage.

Anything that you know I made that I forgot to include in this list, let me know, and I will add it to the list.

I will feature every release I do, just like what I am about to do with Coldcoast. For each release, I will try to do the following:
-Provide a few pictures
-What you are able to currently do with the project in its current state
-What my intentions were with the project.
-A link to download it, as well as update this main post.

So, let's start it off with Operation Coldcoast.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Remember when I posted this preview picture?

This is Operation Coldcoast. You basically deploy in a pelican, listen to my really crappy WIP dialog, and fight your way up to the operations center. When you kill the last encounter at the Operations Post, and nothing happens, don't worry. You aren't going crazy. I never finished past this point. However, you can drive around and probably spawn some encounters randomly.

My goal with this map was to have a free-roam aspect, where you have to take down three covenant arrays, and explore the map to find them, which would spawn random encounters.

But anyways, give it a shot, and feel free to rip the BSP and do your own thing with it.

Ah, right, forgot to mention... it's single player... so play it by typing
map_name op_cdcst
in halo.

Download Coldcoast by clicking this link.
Edited by Nickster5000 on Mar 7, 2019 at 03:05 PM
Edited by Nickster5000 on Mar 7, 2019 at 03:06 PM
Edited by Nickster5000 on Mar 7, 2019 at 06:15 PM
Edited by Nickster5000 on Mar 9, 2019 at 01:22 AM
Edited by Nickster5000 on Mar 13, 2019 at 02:14 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » [PROJECT] GTA_Halo by Halo CE Collective. Feb 9, 2019 03:07 AM (Total replies: 6)

I didn't mean to do that if I did.

Here's a preview of the new city. Everything is coming together slowly but surely. I have portioned the project out to close, trusted friends to increase development speeds + quality.

I hope to have something playable for the community during the summer... around August?

Glad people are still interested though.

Halo CE General Discussion » [PROJECT] GTA_Halo by Halo CE Collective. Feb 6, 2019 07:11 PM (Total replies: 6)

Still being worked on. We will reveal full details when it is in a state that we are happy with.

Halo CE General Discussion » Grounded: A Halo Story teaser Jan 2, 2019 03:43 AM (Total replies: 2)

DOPE

Halo CE General Discussion » [PROJECT] GTA_Halo by Halo CE Collective. Dec 30, 2018 12:56 AM (Total replies: 6)

Hello Halo CE Community,
I know you were probably expecting a really cool "GTA" mod for Halo CE, and we want to deliver on that.
However, we have recently done a couple of thorough play tests and decided that the mod is not ready to be released as quickly as anticipated. We want to take some time and really polish the mod, and perhaps remake some aspects of the mod.
I deeply apologize for showing this off before it was ready. I feel terrible revealing all of these details, and then not delivering them as soon as we are anticipating.
To make up for this, we are going to deliver a high quality GTA Halo mod in the future that is extremely fun to play. Most of the features we announced will still be there.

Thank you for your understanding, and I hope you guys are looking forward to what we are making.
Happy New Year!
-Nickster5000
Edited by Nickster5000 on Jan 1, 2019 at 12:40 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » [WIP] Vuthakral's Tagset Dec 26, 2018 01:32 PM (Total replies: 12)

Sounds to me that you have never made any sort of halo map in your life, Pabeung.

Looks like he took this tagset and cleaned it visually & balanced for multiplayer use... sounds like some tedious guerilla work that I don’t want to do.

I’m also sure it’s in one directory... do you know how hard it is to move a bunch of tags & references into one directory???

I’m going to download it and give it a shot when it comes out. Good work man.
Edited by Nickster5000 on Dec 26, 2018 at 01:32 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Vehicles - Works in Process thread [WIP] Nov 25, 2018 03:44 AM (Total replies: 4974)

Wow... almost two years since this has had an update.

Here's something relevant that I'm working on:

Time: Thu November 21, 2019 10:42 PM 219 ms.
A Halo Maps Website