A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: PH3N0M
About Contact
Last Post: Jan 5, 2011 09:35 PM
Location: 80 miles above Earth's surface, aiming my orbital MAC cannon at your house.
Interests: Playing Halo, building computers, and blowing stuff up.
Your Age: 18 Unofficially
What Games do you play: Halo Custom Edition, Fallout 3, Halo 2 Vista
XFIRE: amdisbetterthanintel

Post Statistics
PH3N0M has contributed to 6 posts out of 468621 total posts (0.00%) in 3,052 days (0.00 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Exeption errors Jan 5, 2011 09:35 PM (Total replies: 24)

Quote: --- Original message by: Maniac1000
That answer may be correct, as i have always had a init file in my root folder.
Thanks for that.

Really? Hmm...might just be me then, but it always crashes when I have init.txt in there and try to play devmode...and it happens on both my 32-bit and 64-bit machines too

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Exeption errors Jan 4, 2011 05:36 PM (Total replies: 24)

You're not doing it right if it doesn't work. Make sure you're editing 'Target' and not something else. Mine looks like this: "X:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Halo Custom Edition\haloce.exe" -console -devmode
Make sure you click 'OK' before you close the properties window.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Exeption errors Jan 3, 2011 06:26 PM (Total replies: 24)

If you have init.txt in your halo custom edition install folder and you try to play with devmode activated the game will crash, regardless of if you edited the shortcut or if you're using alldev.
Make sure that init.txt is not in your halo custom edition folder, and if it is, remove it. Devmode should work fine after this.

Halo CE General Discussion » The Trinity Map Pack UPDATE Jan 3, 2011 12:49 AM (Total replies: 424)

Oh, I forgot about those platfrom thingies....probably makes sense to put the turrets there then. But I thought you were going to nerf the sniper so that it wouldn't have enough range to make camping a viable option... And wouldn't that mean you wouldn't be able to hit anything even remotely near the ground with the sniper from the MAC station? Honestly I'd actually prefer it if there was NO sniper rifle in the map at all, cause dogfighting, even if you lose, is a lot more fun than suddenly getting sniped out of your vehicle with no warning and no chance to avoid it.

Halo CE General Discussion » The Trinity Map Pack UPDATE Jan 2, 2011 01:12 AM (Total replies: 424)

I hadn't had the chance to play the old one, but the new one is pretty nice, I only have a little bit of crit. The bases are a bit hard to find and to get into. I also don't see where you're going to put the MAC cannons/covie turrets, cause if you put them on the hills at each end of the map they'll probably just constantly kill each other and everything else. Also, I don't think the bridge in the middle looks very forerunner-like; personally I liked the one in extinction better. Other than that, the map (Genocide) is shaping up to be very, VERY epic. The orbital MAC station looks great, only thing that I think could be improved would be to add a few small but somewhat powerful gauss turrets for point defense. Hopefully that would help control the middle of the map from above and make the station something worth fighting for control of, while not totally dominating gameplay.

Halo CE General Discussion » The Trinity Map Pack UPDATE Dec 21, 2010 03:49 PM (Total replies: 424)

Is this the same exception you were working on two days ago, with the fog pits that were *supposed* to kill you, or has yet another of our favorite things in the world metaphorically reared its ugly metaphorical head? And speaking of xfire, you should get on it.

Time: Sun April 21, 2019 9:18 AM 187 ms.
A Halo Maps Website