A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Teltaur
About Contact
Last Post: Jul 12, 2011 03:17 AM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:
AIM:
MSN IM:
Yahoo IM:

Post Statistics
Teltaur has contributed to 7 posts out of 412913 total posts (0.00%) in 1,377 days (.01 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Need Crit, Female Crew Member. (Pics too! ;D ) Jul 12, 2011 03:17 AM (Total replies: 89)

See, what I actually find funny here is that you say you're disappointed in the criticism, when the majority of criticism is to reduce her somewhat over-exaggerated features... I'm surprised that you somehow take offense to this, when usually the opposite would be the case; a female model gets posted up, followed immediately by immature comments to make her 'assets' bigger.

In fact, most of what they've been saying here is completely valid. If you were to take 10 women, at random (not even looking at the common servicewoman), what would be the chances that any one of them would ever have such exaggerated features? Realistically, none of them would, or if you were lucky, maybe one. In the battlefield, supermodel-like features would be even less common. So, when people come in here and tell you that your model is unrealistic for having such exaggerated features, they have perfectly valid complaints. What I don't understand here is why you seem to take offense to people asking that you don't create some unrealistic buxom supermodel as an average female biped, and instead say that a character with more believable or appropriate dimensions would be better suited for the game.

Halo CE General Discussion » Slappy Updates - Warning: Pix Jul 7, 2011 04:46 PM (Total replies: 1751)

Quote: --- Original message by: SlappyThePirate
I also have a bitmap Higuy, or Qwerty might want to add in, to save the sake of sending it to both I'll just post it here for anyone to use.
It's panels-3. For some reason I can't find it in any halo 3 map files. The custom one I made is not too good.
Edited by SlappyThePirate on Jul 6, 2011 at 10:39 PM

Sorry to butt in here a little, but I actually have the entire updated/fixed pack that I released in .tga format instead of an Unreal package like the original, including the full sized version of Panels-3 (assuming you haven't just extracted it from UE3 already for your map).

You can download the pack here: http://www.modacity.net/forums/showthread.php?19579-Forerunner-Asset-Pack-WIP&p=587195#post587195

You're free to use whatever you need or haven't been able to get from the Halo 3 files (in fact, anyone on this site is free to). Just keep in mind that these speculars and normals were made with Unreal engine in mind, so you might want to alter them to your liking for CE.

Halo CE General Discussion » Purple does not mean covenant Jun 3, 2011 01:31 PM (Total replies: 25)

He's not asking why the Covenant have purple metal textures...

I'd assume he's complaining about people who throw a purple texture onto any model and say that automatically makes it "Covenant" styled. It'd be just like making human architecture, putting Forerunner textures on it, and calling it Forerunner style.
Edited by Teltaur on Jun 3, 2011 at 01:32 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » [WIP] Requiem May 23, 2011 11:10 PM (Total replies: 874)

Yeah, but you were parodying Warlord/whatever he goes by on here, which would usually imply that you're saying that he isn't using high resolution textures or proper shaders (which is a statement you've repeated multiple times either here, on Modacity, or on Crymod)
Edited by Teltaur on May 23, 2011 at 11:12 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » [WIP] Requiem May 23, 2011 10:57 PM (Total replies: 874)

Quote: --- Original message by: SeL
it will be the best thing ever despite me not using any high resolution textures

Wait, hold on.

Hell, I don't even post on these forums, but I at least need to say something here.

Is 1024x1024/2048x2048 not high enough resolution? Really, if there's something wrong here then feel free to tell me, but I'd think that a resolution like that for frequently tiled textures is high resolution enough, considering that it's the same, if not higher, res than most tiling environment textures for current gen games.

And you know they each have normal and speculars, assuming you actually saw the textures when I posted them back on Modacity. Whether or not they're being correctly applied in Cryengine materials isn't controlled me, but you can see them at work in UE3 if you need proof that they're proper textures. Again, if you have any crit for the textures, I'd like to hear it, but beyond that I don't see the direct validity in that statement (and many others like it that you've thrown about in the other thread). Send me a PM if you want to actually talk about this, since the last thing I want to do is derail anything here.

As for the map itself, I really do love the aesthetic design in general. Feels like a great hybrid between Halo 1's simplicity and the more complex Halo 3 design. And, I do want to see what you guys end up doing for texture up-resing, can't wait to see more on those terms.

Halo CE General Discussion » [WIP] Halo:ce or Halo:pc Texmod Jan 1, 2011 01:29 PM (Total replies: 793)

And, I understand trying to add details and new patterns for the Forerunner textures, but it just doesn't look right for some of those large tiling textures, which you can especially see on the Halo structures. I mean, the ones you replaced had very subtle, light details and patterns that worked for that kind of application, and replacing it with a heavy duty Forerunner tech pattern just doesn't seem right. I understand what you're trying to do, but adding contrast and detail for the sake of having contrast and detail isn't always the best approach. The stock Forerunner textures are great for both the clear tech patterns that you've enhanced well and the subtle patterns that haven't been as apparent here.

And this is all opinion, so don't get your panties bunched up if you disagree.

Halo CE General Discussion » Timeline? Dec 15, 2010 12:13 AM (Total replies: 15)

Short answer:

Bungie didn't want to have to make functional Elite enemy AI for a simple expansion campaign, so they just expanded the Brute AI some and left Elites out of it.

Long answer:

Whatever BS 'canon' story they tried to use to explain it.

Time: Sun September 21, 2014 8:03 AM 250 ms.
A Halo Maps Website