A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: exist
About Contact
Last Post: Jan 18, 2011 07:19 AM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:

Post Statistics
exist has contributed to 6 posts out of 469389 total posts (0.00%) in 3,219 days (0.00 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » "Book" mode. Jan 18, 2011 07:19 AM (Total replies: 42)

Quote: --- Original message by: jesse
blah blah blah

I think you're overreacting to my original proposal. I'm simply bumping up damages, decreasing health, making plasma bolts/vehicles/etc travel more quickly. It's a simple mod. :P

Halo CE General Discussion » "Book" mode. Jan 2, 2011 04:26 AM (Total replies: 42)

Okay, I got into what I wanted to get into. Problem is, Tool gives errors even when I try to compile the included tutorial map, and HEK+ crashes on the first click, every time. A lot of the tutorials and links included (or that I've found elsewhere) are all dead. :(

Halo CE General Discussion » "Book" mode. Dec 28, 2010 10:57 AM (Total replies: 42)

Thank you everyone for your very helpful responses! :)

Halo CE General Discussion » "Book" mode. Dec 28, 2010 06:05 AM (Total replies: 42)

I'm not trying to make a new campaign based off of the books. I'm trying to modify damage/accuracy/etc values in the existing Halo PC campaign maps in Halo:CE, in order to create an experience more like the realism portrayed in the books.

I assume I would have to use Sapien to do this? I've made mods for Dawn of War before, and made a few Flash games, but, of course, all of the tools are very different.

I'd like to make a few changes, like modifying the accuracy of the assault rifle and boosting it's damage a few times. Or modifying the velocity of plasma rifle bolts and upping their damage as well. Am I falsely assuming that these tweaks are one of the simplest things one could do, since I'm not trying to include any new maps or assets?
Edited by exist on Dec 28, 2010 at 06:13 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » "Book" mode. Dec 28, 2010 05:04 AM (Total replies: 42)

I'm looking to make a realism mode for the Halo:CE original campaign maps. I have a little experience with modding other games, so I'm not a complete noob, and it shouldn't be TOO hard, because I'm not looking to change any assets.

Could someone please point me in the direction of what I need to do, if I simply want to change values like damage, projectile velocity, accuracy, etc, in order to create a more "simluation-ish" campaign experience for Legendary. An example would be taking an elite down with 6-9 shots from the assault rifle (and a far more accurate assault rifle), or getting killed by two plasma bolts. Stuff like that. :)

Thanks in advance!
Edited by exist on Dec 28, 2010 at 05:05 AM

Time: Sun October 20, 2019 8:52 AM 360 ms.
A Halo Maps Website