A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: nick347b
About Contact
Last Post: Jun 10, 2015 06:59 PM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:
Knick | PQ Admin

Post Statistics
nick347b has contributed to 110 posts out of 469461 total posts (.02%) in 3,219 days (.03 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Requiem - Extinction on Steroids Jun 10, 2015 06:59 PM (Total replies: 1627)

Haven't been here in a year or two. Did anything ever come of this project? Is someone else working on it? It's a shame to see such a fantastic map in the making never hit playability.

Halo CE General Discussion » Requiem - Extinction on Steroids Jan 12, 2013 11:39 AM (Total replies: 1627)

Red side looks great. I absolutely love the beam emitter structure. A bit sad that the cruiser is gone but it had to be done...
Edited by nick347b on Jan 12, 2013 at 11:43 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Requiem - Extinction on Steroids Jul 13, 2012 01:06 AM (Total replies: 1627)

Success? SUCCESS?!?

I am still patiently dying inside for this map to be released, if it can be finished. Good work you guys, and good luck Gonzo!

Halo CE General Discussion » Yoyorast Island V3 for Halo 4 ? Apr 11, 2012 11:51 PM (Total replies: 60)

Yoyo, I'd like to say that I am a huge supporter of you and your works, V1 is probably my favorite custom map of all time and V2 was stunning as well. Personally, I didn't like V2 as much as V1, it was very complex and a little too different from what I was used to, although it was still very intriguing. If V3 was based off of V1 but included some good features from V2 as well as design fixes such as protected spawn points and removing the shortcut in the middle of the map, it would be pretty damn close to perfect. Best of luck to you, I hope it works out!

Halo CE General Discussion » Requiem - Extinction on Steroids Dec 7, 2011 07:26 PM (Total replies: 1627)

Quote: --- Original message by: mikenzb
Maybe time for a Name Change... If this project is still in the works....

There is already a map with the name Requiem - http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=6155

Yeah, we've known about it for about 9 months now.

Halo CE General Discussion » Need help identifying a map Nov 25, 2011 07:22 PM (Total replies: 3)

Quote: --- Original message by: ODX
It looks to me like it's a Spartan on a Mongoose jumping through the mancannons on Narrows...in Halo 3 (not CE).

Yes that looks right, I couldn't tell if it was a custom map or a H2/H3 map. Thanks.

Halo CE General Discussion » Need help identifying a map Nov 25, 2011 06:26 PM (Total replies: 3)

Ok, so one of my clan mates made this Christmas banner last year for our website. I wasn't very active at that time so I didn't see it until recently. I am trying to find out what map the background image came from, I can't find it anywhere. Can anyone help?

Halo CE General Discussion » How to chat/ enter cheats? Oct 18, 2011 10:45 PM (Total replies: 21)

Quote: --- Original message by: UBE Chief
Quote: --- Original message by: nick347b
To fly around, hold the scroll wheel and use WASD. Spacebar and shift move you up and down, and rotating the scroll wheel changes the speed of the camera.
Correction: "R" and "F" are for raising (up) and falling (down), respecfully. These are the same controls used in sapien/a_hobo, as well.

Thanks, I must be thinking of something else. I couldn't remember which it was.

Halo CE General Discussion » How to chat/ enter cheats? Oct 16, 2011 04:10 PM (Total replies: 21)

Quote: --- Original message by: grunt_eater
What are rcon commands? i've never heard that term before.

They're the commands used when monitoring a server, used for things such as kicking or banning players, and server say.
Quote: --- Original message by: Noble1xCarter
Alright guys, got the cheats problem out of the say- but not the chat. Question- how to you use the fly am? Like go into camera mod and fly around? Thanks.

E: and is it possible to use the cheats online? I don't want to use them to cheat, I just want to hold opine machinima games that require cheats. Thanks again!
Edited by Noble1xCarter on Oct 15, 2011 at 10:44 PM

The commands for flycam are:

debug_camera_save (saves the camera position to where you are standing)
debug_camera_load (loads the cam)
camera_control 0 (exits the cam)

To fly around, hold the scroll wheel and use WASD. Spacebar and shift move you up and down, and rotating the scroll wheel changes the speed of the camera.

Edit: basically what Jimmy said.
Edited by nick347b on Oct 16, 2011 at 04:12 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » How to chat/ enter cheats? Oct 15, 2011 04:44 PM (Total replies: 21)

Quote: --- Original message by: grunt_eater

For the cheats: Go to your desktop and locate the halo ce shortcut. right click and hit properties. you'll see "target" and some text beside there. go to the end of it and type in (space)-console (space)-devmode. that's space dash console space dash devmode. so your target should now look like this "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Halo Custom Edition\haloce.exe" -console -devmode. click apply and exit and then you will be able to use cheats in halo ce, this will also remove the ability to play multiplayer, becasue they don't want cheating in there, so to play multiplayer you have to take the " -console -devmode" out

i don't know about the chat bar
Edited by grunt_eater on Oct 15, 2011 at 01:19 AM

Pretty much what he said, but I would like to add a couple things. First, one thing you can do is to add just "-console" to your target, this enables console which still works in multiplayer. You won't be able to use the devmode cheats when using console but it is useful for rcon commands, etc. Second, when activating devmode by the means described above, you will not be able to use multiplayer, so instead of adding and removing "-devmode" every time, it's easier to create a seperate shortcut just for devmode.

Halo CE General Discussion » Requiem - Extinction on Steroids Oct 2, 2011 01:43 AM (Total replies: 1627)

Quote: --- Original message by: CAG Gonzo
Nah, nick, what have you got for me? Since I've found I don't have any more errors, I have no fear of incorporating additional features and introducing more errors. Lay it on me (you still want a waterfall, don't you?).

Well, it would have worked better with the old "play-doh" mountain...but I was thinking of putting something fun and interesting at the top of the mountain or just having some kind of accessible area where players can climb up a long winding path to the top and get a birds-eye view of your beautiful map. You could have some kind of forerunner structure to add to the mystery... or maybe a crashed pelican and small human encampment around the source of the steam... or just a nice, natural-looking area with a pond or something. Now, you might be thinking this will attract snipers and campers, but I'm hoping that the long and/or secretive route to get up there will discourage this. However, if it doesn't, it's a neutral area so it will provide a king-of-the-kill type of gameplay for the those who enjoy the view.

As I said, this would work a lot better with something more like the old mountain as opposed to the long flat cliffs you have now... but the whole thing is up to you, just an idea.

Halo CE General Discussion » The Art of Halo Custom Edition Sep 28, 2011 01:40 AM (Total replies: 45)

Quote: --- Original message by: Higuy
Dennis stop putting my old work up and do lumoria!! >:O

*coughYEScough*

Halo CE General Discussion » The Art of Halo Custom Edition Sep 25, 2011 01:53 AM (Total replies: 45)

Might I dare suggest Yoyorast Island? It's very beautiful, imo.

Halo CE General Discussion » Requiem - Extinction on Steroids Sep 24, 2011 10:41 PM (Total replies: 1627)

I'm guessing it's probably too late to make a suggestion related to map design, more specifically an addition that would, in my opinion, add slightly to the gameplay and spice up a part of the map that has potential for awesomeness.

Edit: Well, not only is it too late, but after looking at your screenshots from a while back for the first time in a couple months, it actually doesn't look very possible anyway without some major changes. Forget it.

Edited by nick347b on Sep 25, 2011 at 04:25 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Requiem - Extinction on Steroids Sep 20, 2011 10:52 AM (Total replies: 1627)

...Or not.

Halo CE General Discussion » Requiem - Extinction on Steroids Sep 19, 2011 11:33 PM (Total replies: 1627)

Gonzo, I am not much of a map maker or modeler, nor do I really know the guy, but if he says he can help you fix impossible errors without the need of the actual map file, by all means go for it.

Halo CE General Discussion » Lumoria: Episode Two. Sep 19, 2011 11:26 PM (Total replies: 1793)

I just played Episode 1, it was spectacular. Looking forward to episode 2, keep up the great work you guys!

Halo CE General Discussion » Requiem - Extinction on Steroids Sep 18, 2011 07:37 PM (Total replies: 1627)

Quote: --- Original message by: lolgrunts
i can fix all of the errors.
grunts8 = xfire

God sent.

Halo CE General Discussion » [WIP] Requiem Aug 20, 2011 09:01 PM (Total replies: 874)

Quote: --- Original message by: SeL
anyone saying otherwise is just trying to project some form of value onto gonzo's requiem, despite it lacking any!

As I recall, Gonzo's Requiem holds no "form of value" because it is a "5km box map with no gameplay value and miles of open space where you have to fly around for 5 minutes before finding someone to kill". The problem is, that definition doesn't fit Requiem at all. Not even close. Therefore, your entire argument is invalid.

Halo CE General Discussion » [WIP] Requiem Aug 20, 2011 11:21 AM (Total replies: 874)

Quote: --- Original message by: LegionofShadows
Also, if Gonzo comes to troll this thread again, I would just like to tell him that even though he probably did steal the name off your map, the name fits this much more. Plus, he seems to be making a lot more progress, and he is making it look NICE. He is putting work into this thing. Lots. So, if you come back here, remember this:He's better than you.
Edited by LegionofShadows on Aug 19, 2011 at 06:55 AM
Edited by LegionofShadows on Aug 19, 2011 at 06:59 AM

Did you really have to rehash an old argument? Seriously, I could say the same statement in reverse. Even then it would be slightly incorrect. First, if anyone is a troll here, it's Sel. Second, more people agreed that the name actually fits Gonzo's map better than Sel's. I'm not going to explain why, that's for you to determine. Lastly, if you think Gonzo's map isn't "nice", and he is not "putting work into that thing", then you have some research to do. It's a freaking beauty. And I'm not saying Sel hasn't put work into his map, I think it looks great. But you really need to get your facts straight before you bash somebody like that.

Time: Tue November 19, 2019 4:13 AM 219 ms.
A Halo Maps Website