A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Corbadda
About Contact
Last Post: Jan 30, 2011 07:40 PM
Interests:
Your Age: 26
What Games do you play:

Post Statistics
Corbadda has contributed to 2 posts out of 465511 total posts (0.00%) in 3,408 days (0.00 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:

Thank you for the warm welcome! I did a little searching and was able to find and download Entity version 2.1.8. Iím not sure if this is the version you were referring to or not but it was the latest version I could find. Now in order to extract things from the Xbox version Iím going to have to have it my on hard drive?
Edited by Corbadda on Jan 30, 2011 at 07:45 PM

Not too long ago I bought Halo 2 Vista and I would like to extract the Master Chief model used in the single player campaign so I can view it with a 3D modeling program like gmax. I first looked online to see if this had already been done by someone but all I was able to find was the Master Chief model that is used in multiplayer (it appears much less detailed than the single player model seen in cut scenes).

I then started looking into how to do it myself but info on exactly how to do it seemed to be not very thorough or was written so long ago that the links to any utilities mentioned are no longer functioning. I also saw it stated that you canít extract models from the Vista version of Halo 2 but only from the xbox version of the game but I am unsure if this is still true. Using H2v Edit I was able to locate a string in the 00a_introduction.map under mode which I believe is the Master Chief model (objects\characters\masterchief\ masterchief) Iím looking for but I donít know how I would extract it.

My question is: Is there a way to extract this model? I understand that it is more than likely a complicated process but Iím willing to do the work. I would just really like to get my hands on this model!

Time: Fri May 29, 2020 1:18 PM 172 ms.
A Halo Maps Website