A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: R93_Sniper
About Contact
Last Post: Sep 22, 2017 03:06 AM
Interests: Gaming, creating and playing
Your Age: Not for you to know.....
What Games do you play: Halo, Crysis, Minecraft, Half Life, L4D, bunch of FPS games
When in Doubt, RUN!

Post Statistics
R93_Sniper has contributed to 1993 posts out of 464615 total posts (.43%) in 2,418 days (.82 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Have HAC2. Don't know what to do pls help!!! Sep 22, 2017 03:06 AM (Total replies: 26)

Quote: --- Original message by: Bruh45
Look I just wanna fix my HAC2 issue not start a fight in the forums. I really don't want some fight to start.

If you buy the game, all issues with HAC will fix themselves. Im not even trying to be facetious.

Halo CE General Discussion » Have HAC2. Don't know what to do pls help!!! Sep 21, 2017 06:03 PM (Total replies: 26)

Quote: --- Original message by: stunt_man
The "unable to join server" message does not inherently mean that he pirated the game. And he's saying it only happens for maps that he doesn't have. This is more indicative of an issue with the auto-downloading than his ethics.

yeah I downloaded it from a source(http://www.mediafire.com/file/cpcjxn5k1i23ks3/Halo+Custom+Edition.zip)

Huh, its almost like he even said that he, you're not gonna believe this, DIDNT BUY THE GAME

Halo CE General Discussion » Have HAC2. Don't know what to do pls help!!! Sep 19, 2017 03:15 AM (Total replies: 26)

Quote: --- Original message by: stunt_man
Actually you don't need a CD key to join the majority of online servers.

He's probably trying to join server running a map that isn't on the auto-download servers.

You need a CD key to play the game, though. If he didnt buy the game, no point in helping him

Halo CE General Discussion » Have HAC2. Don't know what to do pls help!!! Sep 16, 2017 07:18 PM (Total replies: 26)

yeah I downloaded it from a source(http://www.mediafire.com/file/cpcjxn5k1i23ks3/Halo+Custom+Edition.zip)

Downloading from a source =/= buying the game.
You cant play the game because you didn't buy it. Go buy it off the MS store

Halo CE General Discussion » Have HAC2. Don't know what to do pls help!!! Sep 16, 2017 03:04 AM (Total replies: 26)

Do you own a legitimate copy of the game?

Halo CE General Discussion » Universal UI Update? Sep 13, 2017 01:58 AM (Total replies: 26)

Quote: --- Original message by: Halo Noob Modder117
I have a lazy somewhat fun solution to not have to update the UI ever again...

After releasing the updated version, why not leave a little 'how to' note and or assets to allow all users to add whatever extra maps they come across in the future that aren't included with the update?

Just food for thought.

Because you would be better off looking it up yourself. the UUI isnt protected iirc so you should just be able to rip it and modify it as need be

invalid name error comes from when you're exporting without giving a material a proper name.

Also never link all your markers to the pelvis bone, that's extremely counter intuitive as it'll determine where effects are based on your local position rather than where the relative bones are.

To answer you though, no there is no way to edit an existing GBX model without either A: Importing and modifying, or B: creating from scratch.
Edited by R93_Sniper on Sep 13, 2017 at 01:57 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » [BETA RELEASE] Refinery 0.7 Sep 9, 2017 03:38 PM (Total replies: 63)

Quote: --- Original message by: MosesofEgypt

Guys, cut this crap out. I dont want your personal feud developing here.
Edited by MosesofEgypt on Sep 9, 2017 at 02:22 PM

o7
roger dat

Quote: --- Original message by: Jam
Quote: --- Original message by: not giraffe
I think you are grasping at straws. I almost pity you, but not quite. Keep going.

or maybe you just dont get whats obvious?

The irony is palpable

Halo CE General Discussion » [BETA RELEASE] Refinery 0.7 Sep 8, 2017 02:05 PM (Total replies: 63)

Quote: --- Original message by: lolslayer
Quote: --- Original message by: R93_Sniper
Quote: --- Original message by: DOOM899
Do stay on topic would you this is MosesofEgypt not yours or mine.
Also If I don't know how to read them how did you miss my edit?
Anyways it's a map ripper so that cool if I had the time like I uses too then I'd try. This out ahh well that's life tho

Its cute to see you act as if you have any power over me, or as if you were on topic in the first place.

At least you can't abuse your powers to ban somebody from forums, can you?

Sure, but I dont need power because i can follow rules, unlike a certain someone who followed me to a completely different forum and vented his frustration that he broke rules and was banned accordingly. I wonder who that was...

if HAC fixes mouse acceleration then why do ppl still complain about it? also even with nolead sapp still can have crap hit reg.

I'm not saying this because I dont like it I'm saying that its blown way out of proportion. all it does is just making it seem a little smoother it doesnt improve gameplay when other things can be focused on. if you cared about quality you'd care that interpolation isn't showing you real movement as your behind 33ms
Edited by Jam on Sep 8, 2017 at 12:08 PM

It already improves gameplay by minimizing the stuttering that occurs from choppy frames, and thus inherently giving you better aim as you can see the movement a lot better.

Netcode isnt something any of us can fix, as it would involve actually digging into the source code and modifying it. Not only is that a direct violation of the Game Content Usage Rules (though nobody really cares about those with regard to CE as it seems), but you'd need to find somebody to actually rip the code and change it.

Halo CE General Discussion » [BETA RELEASE] Refinery 0.7 Sep 8, 2017 02:52 AM (Total replies: 63)

Do stay on topic would you this is MosesofEgypt not yours or mine.
Also If I don't know how to read them how did you miss my edit?
Anyways it's a map ripper so that cool if I had the time like I uses too then I'd try. This out ahh well that's life tho

Its cute to see you act as if you have any power over me, or as if you were on topic in the first place.

Halo CE General Discussion » [BETA RELEASE] Refinery 0.7 Sep 8, 2017 12:21 AM (Total replies: 63)

Quote: --- Original message by: MEGA_VKNG
Hay MR Egypt what does Refinery do and moreover what does it add?.
Add some way to fix the 4 grenade bug os has, I even have an idea as to how.

It'd do you a huge favor to read, because right now you aren't being very bright.
I asked him not you! o well this is your life hmm
Edited by DOOM899 on Sep 7, 2017 at 11:39 PM

I mean, he's right tho. You clearly dont know how to read so *shrug*

basically its fake frames and doesn't actually fix anything.

what about hit reg and mouse accel? also what about perf issues that some maps have? extra cpu usage = worse performance = pointless. people need to move on already lol

you say this as if there havent been attempts. HAC does a lot of fixes for mouse accel and SAPP has nolead for your needs otherwise. Performance issues are on the map creator and not on the game (generally everyone knows by know of the engine hardlimits).

I think you need to move on from the idea that this isnt helping. If you dont like it, by all means stay at your console standards. We care for quality

ill fact-check that when i reinstall HEK

the purple textures in CE are called multipurpose maps, wherein each channel contains different parts of the material (specular/self-illum/detail/mask)

CE does not use Normal maps unless you're using open sauce, which the base game does not use. There ARE detail and secondary bump/height maps, but they are not normal maps

your issue is using halo PC tools rather than using CE tools. Just use the batch bitmap extractor to convert the .bitmap files to BMP/PNG/TIF/TGA/JPG or whatever. Dont bother using texmod, and there's no normal maps either.

Average human eyesight sees at something closer to 200, though with rigorous training (usually for airforce pilots and the like), you can go roughly up to ~450

HEK doesnt work w/o CE installed

If you seriously think this needs a beefy computer to run, you're probably behind a decade in gear regardless

Time: Tue September 26, 2017 7:16 AM 125 ms.
A Halo Maps Website