A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Nathaniel Torres
About Contact
Last Post: Mar 16, 2011 09:22 PM
Interests: movies music mayhem
Your Age: 51
What Games do you play: halo, spore, the movies game
Small Transport, Big blaster
Email: {hidden}

Post Statistics
Nathaniel Torres has contributed to 2 posts out of 465511 total posts (0.00%) in 3,369 days (0.00 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
General Machinima Discussions » Machinima Blues Mar 16, 2011 09:22 PM (Total replies: 2)

Isn't that always the case? Every time I try to do something new I need a hardware upgrade. There's that old SNL joke about getting to heaven and they tell you, "Please take a number and sit down." Hell, I just finished upgrading my setup! Now I have to do it again? That'll have to wait!

Hey, just figured out what my problem was with Custom Edition. Had to watch some young kid explain the procedure in a youtube video. You do not have to be on the web to make machinima with CE. You just have to create a custom map then choose LAN and enter a few phrases after you touch the (~) key, etc ...

debug_camera_save
debug_camera_load

This will give you flycam and the ability to make machinima. It's so simple a child could do it. It's so simple a child DID do it. And oldsters like me are lagging behind trying to figure this all out. Where in heck did he get this information? He must be on the web a heck of a lot more than I am, I'll tell you that!

I guess you still have to be on the web in order to have a buddy/friend act with you in the machinima. Anyway, there is always another way of doing things if you're willing to work in a fluid manner. I did some movies-game shorts wherein the script was not written until AFTER the footage existed. I previewed the footage, put the clips in acceptable arrangements then wrote the dialogue according to the arrangements. Its a fun way of doing things, making movies backwards. Not much different than writing elements of a screenplay on 3x5 cards and spreading them out on the living room floor, and rearranging them to get the best structure for your story that is possible. Don't let them tell you it can't be done any damn way you please to do it. Prove them wrong.

General Machinima Discussions » Machinima Blues Mar 16, 2011 08:46 AM (Total replies: 2)

Hi. Questions. Is there any way to use Halo PC to make machinima? Do I have to get online to be able to make machinima? Why is that? I know I can use time-freeze and movie-capturing in Halo PC, but when I try to use them both at the same time the game slows down to a crawl, the capturing is choppy, which is to mean it pauses and looks more like a slideshow. Is there a way to make it flow more smoothly? I tried lowering the resolution and sound settings but it didn't solve the problems in Halo PC. I really don't want to always have to get on the web with Custom Edition in order to make machinima. Any comments or suggestions will be appreciated.

Time: Fri May 29, 2020 12:36 PM 125 ms.
A Halo Maps Website