A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: The Cereal Killer
About Contact
Last Post: Jan 24, 2019 03:52 AM
Interests: Fearless
Your Age: Timeless
What Games do you play: Halo, Red Dead Redemption, Homefront, Crysis
Scripts, AI, cutscenes, ui_widgets, animation.
Email: {hidden}

Post Statistics
The Cereal Killer has contributed to 732 posts out of 469346 total posts (.16%) in 3,109 days (.24 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » [RELEASE]: New Mombasa Beta Jan 24, 2019 03:52 AM (Total replies: 235)

Now THIS is a project I'd spend my nickels on, maybe even my dimes but don't get cocky.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » I feel obligated to share this information Apr 20, 2014 11:34 PM (Total replies: 13)

None that I took note of. But the beginning F# keys (not sure how many, maybe like the first six) are used to select encounters, squads, and actors respectively (forward and backward).

That is, if you have the AI spawned in Sapien to test a fight or something.
Edited by The Cereal Killer on Apr 20, 2014 at 11:35 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » I feel obligated to share this information Apr 18, 2014 06:05 PM (Total replies: 13)

Quote: --- Original message by: Masters1337

you could have PMed me :(

how did you find this out?]

Ah sorry, didn't think to PM.

And I found it out because I realized that holding v is used in a lot of shortcuts that affect the viewport, so I started pressing every button in combination with it to test.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » I feel obligated to share this information Apr 14, 2014 02:44 PM (Total replies: 13)

No I would say that the original version of tool that Bungie used didn't have all the finicky checks that our version does.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » I feel obligated to share this information Apr 14, 2014 10:39 AM (Total replies: 13)

Quote: --- Original message by: stunt_man
Heh, just looked through that list of commands. What exactly does "find_all_f****d_up_sh**" do?

I believe it highlights any open edges.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » I feel obligated to share this information Apr 14, 2014 01:10 AM (Total replies: 13)

Found this old thread: http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=41753

Tonight I found that the key combination in Sapien to toggle labels on the firing positions as shown is V+M

That's all. Thanks for stopping by.
Edited by The Cereal Killer on Apr 14, 2014 at 01:11 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » AI issues... Dec 7, 2013 07:02 PM (Total replies: 8)

I'm sorry there just isn't enough information to know what your problem could be.

Check the normal and insane counts, check if "respawn enabled" is checked if you aren't spawning them by script, check if "not initially created" is checked (again if you aren't spawning them by script).

Set both bounds as the color you want. Why did you only change one?

Halo CE General Discussion » Halomaps Nostalgia Party Dec 7, 2013 09:04 AM (Total replies: 64)

Made me wonder what my first topic was. Wasn't Halomaps of course but I'll share.

http://www.modhalo.net/index.php?/topic/23451-ground-war/

Tenth grade. What a time to be alive.
Edited by The Cereal Killer on Dec 7, 2013 at 09:05 AM

I laughed through this whole thread.

So hard.

6/10, licon. Wasn't the greatest or most creative but it was enough to make me laugh.

Mjolnir armor was a titanium alloy and it's been proven to survive reentry.

Quote: --- Original message by: Tiel
...looks like larger vehicles can scarcely leave the CE version's compartment without some trouble.
Well with some scripts controlling its drop-off sequence, the one I'm using works well, and I'm sure that a larger version wouldn't change much. I understand how problems might arise in MP. It was ported with the sole intent of use in a campaign, though, so either way it won't cause issues.

Something also worth pointing out is that it seems that the guy whom ported the Albatross scaled it pretty oddly in the Custom Edition rendition.

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100302234903/halo/images/a/a0/CrashedAlbatross.jpg
My teammate ported it a long time ago and I'm just now putting it to use. We used the crashed one on Sandtrap in H3 as a reference - I think that size is about the same.

Seems much more feasible to just use Frigates, which have all of the aforementioned features plus some.
On one hand I might agree, especially seeing as in Halo 3 it is shown that the frigates have hangars with floors that can be lowered to deploy many infantry and vehicles; however, right before it lands at that part in H3, you hear one marine yell something like, "what? Can those land in-atmosphere!?" and another, "I guess we're gonna find out!"

But you have to ask yourself, if they weren't intended to land, why does the hangar do what it does for the vehicles and infantry? Very confusing indeed.

I had about a dozen active at the time, but I'm guessing you mean the one that shows their health/shield. That would be this:

ai_render_vitality

You have to select an encounter to get any of those "render" commands to show up. Most only show up for the encounter you've selected.

Encounters can be selected with the 'ai_select <encounter>' command in the console, but more commonly using F2 and F3 to cycle forward and backward in the list of encounters. F4 will select individual actors once you have an encounter selected.
Edited by The Cereal Killer on Oct 27, 2012 at 12:35 AM

I got what you mean, I just never used console to do anything to activate it. My console is partially broken due to a new OS feature korn is currently fixing.
:|

What I'm saying is that, I understand you didn't use the console to activate it and that it was probably a hotkey, but for every hotkey there is usually a regular command.

I went through a little of the list myself. Didn't find the one that does what you showed, but I still managed to have some fun.

Mediafire reads text files like Pastebin. Just click the link and you'll see.

I'm pretty sure it wasn't a command I used, nor that my kitten can script. Useful list though, I've been wanting something like that for a while., so major kudos to you! I'm leaning towards this being a hotkey, hopefully when Kornman returns he will be able to find it, as he has to do some OS upgrades to sapien anyway.
Edited by Masters1337 on Oct 26, 2012 at 09:26 PM
No, you misunderstand me; I don't mean an ai command list. I'm saying I have a list of all the console commands that Sapien will accept, and there is probably a command to activate what you saw.

There's probably a console command to activate it. I doubt that a hotkey exists without a concrete command. I've got the full list of commands that sapien will accept, but I haven't had the patience to test every single one. Here it is if you want to take a look for yourself: http://www.mediafire.com/view/?9bf1zc41u6uylw2

Also I'm the one who alphabetized it and cut out all of the garbage phrases that were put in there. Took a good hour and a half, but that was months ago... you're welcome.

Higuy/Lode give him a break. I've had the identical problem that he's describing - all firing positions turn black in game view.
Edited by The Cereal Killer on Oct 26, 2012 at 08:40 PM

Pelicans aren't the only UNSC dropships, you know. They could have used Albatrosses to bring vehicles down from space, which completely encase the vehicles in their cargo bays.

I've placed one in the hangar to demonstrate, and I put first a warthog and then a scorpion in it so you can see that it can carry either:

Looks like Vampgirl and I had the exact same thought simultaneously.
Edited by The Cereal Killer on Oct 23, 2012 at 09:11 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Project Lumoria... Complete. Oct 16, 2012 10:17 PM (Total replies: 382)

I think I mentioned this in my narrated vid, but I'll say it here too: the creep is called the shadow in Halo 2. The man who imported it into CE named it 'creep' to be slightly different with still some of the same implications.

Time: Fri September 20, 2019 7:26 PM 219 ms.
A Halo Maps Website