A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: POQPrince
About Contact
Last Post: Jul 15, 2011 10:54 PM
Interests:
Your Age: 29
What Games do you play: Halo PC, Halo CE

Post Statistics
POQPrince has contributed to 9 posts out of 469803 total posts (0.00%) in 3,269 days (0.00 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Requiem - Extinction on Steroids Jul 15, 2011 10:54 PM (Total replies: 1627)

Quote:
DO they still sale Halo PC anymore? I haven't seen it anywhere. I got the last copy the local store had (Best-Buy). Maybe they will release with Halo anniversary? That would be interesting...

Our local Fry's has quite a few copies -- and it is actually more expensive ($20) than many more recent games.

Here's to hoping that HALO Anniversary Edition will be released to the PC!

Halo CE General Discussion » Requiem - Extinction on Steroids Jul 5, 2011 10:36 PM (Total replies: 1627)

Each update causes a renewed sense of anticipation!

Good work, Gonzo!

Halo CE General Discussion » Requiem - Extinction on Steroids May 13, 2011 03:42 PM (Total replies: 1627)

Gonzo, this is looking better with each update. I look forward to it!

Halo CE General Discussion » Requiem - Extinction on Steroids Apr 27, 2011 12:28 AM (Total replies: 1627)

Quote: --- Original message by: Dennis

Quote: --- Original message by: pablo
Carpe diem, makes perfect sense.
No argument it makes sense to you but maybe not to him, and since he is making the map it is ultimately his decision what to call it. Offer suggestions but don't argue if he turns it down. It's up to him.

Good point.

In fact, Gonzo could literally INVENT a word. After all, Shakespeare invented plenty of words that are now considered a part of modern English vernacular.

http://www.nosweatshakespeare.com/resources/shakespeare-words.htm

Other authors, like C.S. Lewis, J. R. R. Tolkien, Lewis Carrol and others also invented words. Believe it or not, Mark Twain invented the word "googling." Science Fiction authors are amongst the most prolific word-creators.

Of course, Gonzo can choose whatever he likes. Personally, I like the word "Requiem" -- but I am more interested in the map than anything else.

Edited by POQPrince on Apr 27, 2011 at 12:28 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Requiem - Extinction on Steroids Apr 26, 2011 02:31 PM (Total replies: 1627)

Quote: So basically, forerunner Architecture is closely related to masonry?
-Zekilk

I don't know if there is a "set" Forerunner style of Architecture. After all, I suppose that even Forerunners went through different architectural eras.

Would you ever call something "American" architecture? "Australian" architecture?

Remember, Guilty Spark told Masterchief, "But...you...are Forerunner."

Forerunner architecture looks very human anyway...just much more developed. I've long theorized that Masterchief and Cortana go BACK IN TIME at the Legendary end of Halo 3. It is possible that they crashed on a planet that accessed Cortana's partial memory...and discovered info about the Flood, architecture, machinery and, of course, Halo.

Either way...I like both the curves and the angles. I think that it can be reminiscient of changes in architectural form -- like the changes in automobiles and building design from the 1980s to the mid 1990s. After all, the Twin Towers of the World Trade Center are very different from the replacement being constructed right now.

Either way, I am looking forward to this map!

Edited by POQPrince on Apr 26, 2011 at 02:32 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Requiem - Extinction on Steroids Mar 23, 2011 02:14 PM (Total replies: 1627)

Quote: --- Original message by: Skidrow925
I love pelican's to man. Best dropship EVER designed.

I wonder if Gonzo could use Penguin & Co.'s new PELICAN that he was designing for his forthcoming THE PIT map for Halo CE? It looks good!

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g268/martynball/pelican_engine_unwrap_4.jpg
http://www.modacity.net/forums/showthread.php?18239-The-Pit-Preview
Edited by POQPrince on Mar 23, 2011 at 02:18 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Requiem - Extinction on Steroids Mar 22, 2011 03:31 PM (Total replies: 1627)

Quote: --- Original message by: YakZSmelk
Quote: --- Original message by: POQPrince
Is Extinction "intelligent" in your opinion?

Uhhh...I didn't imply anything in regard to the original map.

I certainly believe that the original designer meant well, but Extinction was filled with problems. I have faith that Gonzo recognizes the strengths and weakness of the original Extinction map and will create a much better final product.

Was that a yes or no? The only reason I ask is because from a gameplay perspective there is no intelligent thought put into the original.

The map purely succeeds on it's "WOW" factor of being able to use multiple vehicles that are user-created and exists within the Halo Universe.

Actually, I'm not certain that a simple "yes" or "no" answer would suffice.

I don't want to insult the design team behind the original Extinction map. I am confident that (DA)Ender did the best that he could at the time. Moreover, I wouldn't say that the map was COMPLETELY devoid of any "intelligence." While I don't play it very often and I am astutely aware of the glitches and problems associated with the original Extinction map, I do think that there was some amount of thought that went into it.

I agree that the map succeeded largely upon its vehicle design. However, those vehicles do make for some nice gameplay that differs somewhat from what is found on other maps.

After reading through Gonzo's posts and speaking with him, I have quite a bit of confidence in his rationale for this redesign of Extinction. In fact, outside of the scope, he is building an entirely new map altogether. He is building upon the strengths of the original map and adding a great deal of thought and effort into the quality of design and gameplay.

I, for one, look forward to this with great anticipation!

Halo CE General Discussion » Requiem - Extinction on Steroids Mar 21, 2011 11:51 PM (Total replies: 1627)

Is Extinction "intelligent" in your opinion?

Uhhh...I didn't imply anything in regard to the original map.

I certainly believe that the original designer meant well, but Extinction was filled with problems. I have faith that Gonzo recognizes the strengths and weakness of the original Extinction map and will create a much better final product.

Halo CE General Discussion » Requiem - Extinction on Steroids Mar 21, 2011 07:42 PM (Total replies: 1627)

Gonzo, it looks like you have considered all of the things that make a great map!

I look forward to the next update! From what I have seen/learned: So far, so good. Many of us have been anticipating an "intelligent" Halo CE map that is as well-thought out as this one appears to be.

There are some great Halo CE maps out there. With the right design, the Halo CE community may find itself playing the next big thing!

Time: Fri February 28, 2020 1:31 PM 328 ms.
A Halo Maps Website