A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: rassilon
About Contact
Last Post: Sep 6, 2011 10:17 AM
Interests:
Your Age: 2011-1987=?
What Games do you play: Take a guess

Post Statistics
rassilon has contributed to 70 posts out of 469505 total posts (.01%) in 3,172 days (.02 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » [WIP] Halo 1 Forge Sep 6, 2011 10:17 AM (Total replies: 19)

Quote: --- Original message by: Private Caboose
dude, all u've done is take the bsp from a30 and call it "OMG MY AWESUM MAPP!!!!1!!!ELEVENTY-ONE!!omg!"

you mean like how you moaned like a cat in heat over your tessellated box which was supposedly the most detailed thing ever?

Halo CE General Discussion » I believe that... Jul 26, 2011 10:13 AM (Total replies: 48)

Quote: --- Original message by: SeL

YES DONT THINK CRITICALLY PEOPLE

THAT WOULD BE HORRIBLE

There is a difference between critical thinking and simply bashing something because it is different to your own opinion on how things should be.
do you know who else instantly judges things simply from reading the cover of a book?
Irrational people.
You've been bashing TF2 in recent months, a game you yourself helped change into the form it is is now, so tell me, with this in mind why should anyone take your word when there is proof that your influence has had proven negative effect on things?

Halo CE General Discussion » I believe that... Jul 26, 2011 09:55 AM (Total replies: 48)

Quote: --- Original message by: ODX
I would say it's too much trouble to go through. Everything in Reach probably draws from a shared.map like I believe they do in Halo 2 (seen when modding Halo 2 Vista). Things would get redundant having multiple of the same weapon albeit different tagging.

Then again I don't mess with that engine nor Reach so everything by me is [horrible] speculation.

I'm purely speculating my self, but as i recall the plasma rifle wasn't in the valhalla map file in Halo 3 at all which was why it wasn't possible to use in forge.
I would assume the shared file is simply to save space rather than copying everything for different maps, but if you have the "new" weapons stored in the map file it self you should be able to redirect the standard weapons to it.
Like I said, pure speculation though it would be a nice touch.

Halo CE General Discussion » I believe that... Jul 26, 2011 09:26 AM (Total replies: 48)

Quote: --- Original message by: ODX

The reason the maps are for Reach is to keep the Halo community together and not split them between 3 games (Halo 4, coming out next year).

I would assume it may be possible to have the Halo 1 style weapons on the map files themselves.
The number one reason you can't have new weapons or armors in reach is you would need to update everything, but replacing the assault rifle in one map should allow weapons in that map that wouldn't otherwise be accessible in other maps.
Let's hope that this is the case.

Halo CE General Discussion » reach Jul 18, 2011 09:40 AM (Total replies: 18)

Quote: --- Original message by: Private Caboose
i really hope u get banned monster

Apparently getting a ban doesn't really mean much on these forums.
After all Hiralis, you were banned yourself.

Halo CE General Discussion » Congrats! Jul 17, 2011 01:51 PM (Total replies: 79)

Quote: --- Original message by: Spartan 279
I live in the US, to far

and idrc about how great a school i get into, its not like im gonna commit suicide if i doint get into a good school. :|

Mensa are not a school as such.
Your assumption that they were just disproves your claim to having "an IQ of 150".

Halo CE General Discussion » Congrats! Jul 17, 2011 01:21 PM (Total replies: 79)

Quote: --- Original message by: Spartan 279

http://is239.schoolwires.com/site/default.aspx?PageID=1

To get in you need to take a test on the subject you are going to be focusing one. Mine is Creative Writing.

I'm also pretty sure the stereotypical 13 year old doesn't spend most of his time on the computer using 3dsmax and CryEngine 3 :P

By the ancestors names, you are making the human race look stupid.
you want something to brag about?
I'd like to see you get an offer from these people.
http://www.mensa.org.uk/

Halo CE General Discussion » Requiem - Extinction on Steroids Jul 16, 2011 06:46 AM (Total replies: 1627)

Quote: --- Original message by: nathanallan

Even mighty Microsoft can't rival the creativity shown with CE as users have shown.

I guess this is why the CE community is always trying to play catch up with the latest game whilst microsoft studios are always busy updating and innovating new ideas right?

Halo CE General Discussion » Need Crit, Female Crew Member. (Pics too! ;D ) Jul 11, 2011 07:54 PM (Total replies: 89)

My advice is to look into a tool called "MakeHuman".
It's a tool I personally use to get anatomically correct human bipeds in order for me to begin making armor and the such.

Halo CE General Discussion » Need Crit, Female Crew Member. (Pics too! ;D ) Jul 11, 2011 06:52 PM (Total replies: 89)

Being too thick to get the joke I was making doesn't help your image either bro.

Having a thick hide helps you in a wild full of predators.
Having thin skin tends to make you more pervious to injury resulting in weakness.
But still, given your history it's hard to tell if you're simply numb in the cerebral cortex or just being immature.

Halo CE General Discussion » Need Crit, Female Crew Member. (Pics too! ;D ) Jul 11, 2011 06:04 PM (Total replies: 89)

That's not a screenshot from a Halo game though :)))

Feigning ignorance because it doesn't suit your opinion doesn't make your opinion any more valid.
It just makes you look, well, ignorant.

Halo CE General Discussion » Need Crit, Female Crew Member. (Pics too! ;D ) Jul 11, 2011 05:19 PM (Total replies: 89)

I seem to recall halo's human army having strict guidelines on hair, so what is this even supposed to be?

Edited by SeL on Jul 11, 2011 at 04:14 PM

It's not as out of character as you may think.
See:

Halo CE General Discussion » halo movie this fall Jul 3, 2011 10:12 AM (Total replies: 20)

The reason the "official" movie never got off the ground is neither studios wanted to bear the the brunt of the financial burden.
They wanted to mooch off the other whilst at the same time wanted the majority of the income, to make matters worse they would still need to pay Microsoft for franchise royalties.
This combined with the financial downturn deterred either from fully participating in making a fully fledged film.

The result? District 9 [one of the best indie films to day] and a trilogy of transformer films, skyline and other various films along those lines.

Halo CE General Discussion » halo movie this fall Jul 3, 2011 06:34 AM (Total replies: 20)

Here's an example of the scenes they'll be doing.</a>
Be warned, this is before they put the polishing on so it is rather rough.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EJHbBXQp8g
Edited by rassilon on Jul 3, 2011 at 06:35 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » [Release]Reach tag pack V1 Jul 2, 2011 07:25 AM (Total replies: 56)

Quote: --- Original message by: MMAMONSTERRR
Thats the way his mother theached him. !!!NO DISCIPLINE!!!

What?
I'm not defending either of you.
You're as bad as each other.

Halo CE General Discussion » [Release]Reach tag pack V1 Jul 2, 2011 07:03 AM (Total replies: 56)

*post deleted by admin for rules violation
READ THE RULES:
http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=2979

quoted profanity
Edited by Dennis on Jul 2, 2011 at 10:21 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » [Release]Reach tag pack V1 Jul 2, 2011 06:36 AM (Total replies: 56)

Quote: --- Original message by: Mangenkyo

i dont see 'mature people' here, im just seeing some little nerds kids fighting without a reason.. i hope bungie and microsoft members NEVER can see this..
Edited by Mangenkyo on Jun 30, 2011 at 08:42 PM

Unfortunately they already have..
And the management are very upset.

Halo CE General Discussion » Reopening: Scorpion Laser Variant Jun 26, 2011 03:23 PM (Total replies: 21)

Quote: --- Original message by: Delicon20
we don't need a laser scorpion, WE NEED A COBRA

FTFY

Halo CE General Discussion » [Release] Powerhouse-ish Modular Wall Set Jun 26, 2011 03:20 PM (Total replies: 34)

Quote: --- Original message by: anonymous_2009

Bumps or more specifically normal maps, which these are, are not overrated... EVERY SINGLE game uses them, and without them objects would look flat and have NO DETAIL at all.

Do you understand what they do? And why?

Bump maps are not Normal maps, you of all people here should know that.
They are over-rated how ever as opposed to Parallax occlusion maps and tessellation maps.

Notable differences between bump-maps and normal maps is Bump-maps are usually in grey scale and only display displacement depth where as normal maps are a lot more advanced in that they use RGB data which directly interacts with the pixel shader whilst with the bump map you still need to look up the corresponding texel and then calculate the normal from there.
Edited by rassilon on Jun 26, 2011 at 03:21 PM
Edited by rassilon on Jun 26, 2011 at 03:21 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Weird Halo Manual Jun 24, 2011 01:58 PM (Total replies: 7)

I hate to water your hopes down but the logo in slappy's picture is the recent bungie logo and not the one from 2001.

Time: Tue December 10, 2019 8:18 PM 187 ms.
A Halo Maps Website