A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Eternal Flame
About Contact
Last Post: Apr 26, 2012 06:14 PM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:

Post Statistics
Eternal Flame has contributed to 14 posts out of 468141 total posts (0.00%) in 2,866 days (0.00 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE Technical / Map Design » AI getting in vehicles Apr 26, 2012 06:14 PM (Total replies: 4)

What bipeds are you using? If you are using marines, I don't think they can even enter a wraith or a covenant turret. If you are, then you have to add animations for them. Otherwise, I'm not quite sure. I'm still learning how to script, so when I find one that works, I'll let you know.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » A very noob question. (regarding the AI) Apr 22, 2012 03:23 AM (Total replies: 7)

Once again, thanks for the help. All of you.

Anyway, I have another question and I didn't want to take up any more space with topics.

I was able to create pretty lifelike AI bots using sapien and guerilla. I was looking forward to making a simple team slayer variant but with AI bots.

Problem is....I can't change the color of the biped. I even changed the source shader and selected my color. The spartans are just all black with no trace of red or blue.

Hoping that someone would know this, because I tried looking up some tutorials on how to do this and nothing seemed to work, sadly.

EDIT: Got it working. Nevermind. All I did was duplicate the armor shader and the model and I had the new model use the duplicated red shader. I can do the same for the blue one.
Edited by Eternal Flame on Apr 22, 2012 at 08:16 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » A very noob question. (regarding the AI) Apr 19, 2012 08:51 PM (Total replies: 7)

Wow....it worked!

You are right, I should definitely stick to the HEK tools. Doing the same thing in halo map tools didn't do a thing.

Coming back to modding halo after about a year really messed up my memory on how to mod, even the simplest things.

Again, thank you. That was very helpful.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » A very noob question. (regarding the AI) Apr 19, 2012 07:58 PM (Total replies: 7)

Alright, I will try this. Thanks.

I tried doing this in Halo Map Tools, but it didn't work. Hopefully guerilla should!

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » A very noob question. (regarding the AI) Apr 19, 2012 06:13 PM (Total replies: 7)

First off, I apologize for my stupidity. I have absolutely no idea why this won't work, so I have to resort to asking.

Now to my question, how can you make the AI throw grenades? I have read up on this, and apparently this part of the actor variant is corrupted when extracting tags and that the AI needs to be "replaced" to fix this.

The AI are perfectly capable of throwing grenades in the "original" game, but in custom edition, I have yet to see an AI use a nade in ANY map.

I know that that I probably sound dumb by now, but can someone tell me how to fix this or how to "replace" the AI? I have probably done much harder things, but this just refuses to work properly.

Much thanks!

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » sapien help plz Apr 19, 2011 05:08 PM (Total replies: 10)

I think it may be that you don't have the tags in the right directory.

Usually if the tags can be fixed in guerilla, then it will generate a debug text and give you an error.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Scripting issues. Apr 17, 2011 02:04 PM (Total replies: 19)

Now I am going to figure out how to make one spawn if I touch a device switch.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Scripting issues. Apr 17, 2011 01:09 PM (Total replies: 19)

Ok I think my problem was that I didn't set the radius for the points in the command list.

If the AI driver flying is checked then they just drive into enemies.

I will give that a try.

EDIT: Ya, I can make it stay still, but not follow the command.

That's fine for now.

Edited by Eternal Flame on Apr 17, 2011 at 01:33 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Scripting issues. Apr 17, 2011 12:18 PM (Total replies: 19)

Alright, I got them into the pelican and they shoot.

The ONLY problem remaining is that the pelican doesn't want to follow the command it is given.

As soon as it spawns, it hovers above and starts barraging the enemies as it should, but it doesn't move and very slowly descends down till it touches the ground.

This is the final problem I have. Just one more step.

I wouldn't have gotten this far without you guys. Thanks for everything.

:D

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Scripting issues. Apr 17, 2011 11:32 AM (Total replies: 19)

The pelican from hugeass.

I changed the labels so lets see where that goes.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Scripting issues. Apr 17, 2011 10:54 AM (Total replies: 19)

Precisely Cereal Killers tutorial on air support.

This inspired me to make this available in the regular campaign.

I got everything working just the way I wanted except the marines do not get attached to the pilot seat of the pelican.

Do I have to change the labels to w-driver and w-passenger in guerilla?

Sorry for being a pain in the neck, but I am SO close to getting it to work. I have the command and all the points set up.

I am trying to make a support pelican that circles the island and blows up any enemies. (just sounded cool lol)

BTW I got the script to compile properly. When I press the flashlight key, the pelican and the marines spawn. (but they aren't in the driver's seat so nobody is flying it)
Edited by Eternal Flame on Apr 17, 2011 at 10:56 AM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Scripting issues. Apr 16, 2011 10:07 PM (Total replies: 19)

To make sure that I am doing this right, do I just make a folder called scripts in tags\levels\b30 and compile the huge script using sapien?

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Scripting issues. Apr 16, 2011 09:37 PM (Total replies: 19)

Thank you so much.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Scripting issues. Apr 16, 2011 08:35 PM (Total replies: 19)

Hello, I am new to this forum and was wondering if anybody could help me with scripting in making my maps.

I was using the air support tutorial and other various tags to try to make a revamped version of the campaign (I am sort of a noob at sapien, but I am learning). However, I am having problems putting a script into the campaign maps.

When I compile a script, it seems to delete all the other scripts that were previously on the map. Ex: enemies on the level wouldn't spawn and no cutscenes, etc.

If you were wondering, I was editing the B30 map (The Silent Cartographer)

Can anybody tell me how I could successfully add this script into this campaign map? I can open the maps and add tags just fine in Sapien. I need to use other people's scripts because I can't make my own due to my lack of knowledge about scripting.

Many thanks to anybody who can help.

Time: Mon February 18, 2019 12:14 AM 187 ms.
A Halo Maps Website