A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: stabbing pixies
About Contact
Last Post: May 23, 2011 05:11 AM
Interests: music, Halo.
Your Age:
What Games do you play: Halo, Bioshock, most fps
Email: {hidden}

Post Statistics
stabbing pixies has contributed to 2 posts out of 469376 total posts (0.00%) in 3,086 days (0.00 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
General Machinima Discussions » music video May 23, 2011 05:11 AM (Total replies: 2)

wow man - thanks so much for the feedback.

It's just me.. I had a few band members but things got as little hectic with the knives and -- next thing you know it's a solo act. Pity.

I should add that I'm quite happy to contribute music to someone elses project if they want to swap services.. and at this point ANYBODY has better video skills than I do.. the first few attempts I have ended up with are.... horrifying

I'm having another go with the vid stuff though, while I'm waiting for someone with awesome skillz to show up.. I thought I would just a jumble of halo storyline cutscene stuff together, for example emphasizing the love story between chief and Cortana... (I'm a soppy git like that).

Feel free to come with suggestions anyway - it's all good.

Cheers,

m

General Machinima Discussions » music video May 5, 2011 03:03 AM (Total replies: 2)

Hi,

I'm an amateur musician, and by the way a big fan of the halo story arc and the games in general...

I've made a few mp3s through a small private project called stabbing pixies, and have been thinking of trying to get something visual together for maybe youtube.

Something machinima/halo/future based would be really cool, and also scratch that other itch to do something a bit visually far out in machinima.

So cutting to the chase...

I was wondering if there would be any interest for anybody in building a machinima around my music?
I tried using various tools myself, but soon figured out it requires an entirely different skillset... I suck at visual design... but perhaps I can at least do the music part, and let someone else with more talent do the cinematic part.

For example: There's a track called "Love is Combat" at my site http://www.stabbingpixies.com that i thought would be a good start - but of course its also a matter of my music meeting the taste of the director, so there you go.

Anyway.. I'd like to make that song available to anyone on HMF with an interest in this sort of thing, and also generally if you need musical aspect I'm happy to contribute to your own projects.. just pop me an email.

Also, any advice you guys can give me on the best way to go about this sort of thing..

Cheers,

Mike in Norway.
www.stabbingpixies.com

PS: I hope this doesnt come across as self promotion or advertising too much: The songs are freely available and the band is not a profit venture.. just something for kicks and giggles.

edited for spellchecking.
Edited by stabbing pixies on May 5, 2011 at 03:11 AM

Time: Tue October 15, 2019 11:46 PM 735 ms.
A Halo Maps Website