A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: kyozo_43
About Contact
Last Post: Jun 3, 2011 08:05 PM
Interests:
Your Age: 13
What Games do you play:
~Always Needs Help~
Email: {hidden}

Post Statistics
kyozo_43 has contributed to 17 posts out of 469450 total posts (0.00%) in 3,093 days (.01 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Server List & Port Forwarding Jun 3, 2011 08:05 PM (Total replies: 6)

Quote: --- Original message by: Dennis
Quote: --- Original message by: kyozo_43
I asked my friend across the street if he could see it, and he could. But he couldn't connect to it.
If he can't connect to it then you do not have your port forwarding set correctly or the server is reporting the wrong IP number. Find your External IP (http://www.whatismyip.com ) and have your friend try connecting using direct IP. If he can't then your ports are not open or forwarded correctly. If he can then have him check the IP number that is being reported in Game-spy
I then went back, and could see it. I tried connecting, I couldn't connect.
You won't be able to if the dedicated server is either running on the same PC as your client or your client is also behind the router/firewall.
What could be causing this problem?

If the dedicated server is running a a separate PC from your client then it is trying to connect to your external IP address from your internal network and the router will not route traffic that way. You will have to use a direct IP connect to the machine it is running on most likely a 192.168.?.? number.

If you are trying to run both the client and server on the same PC then your are getting port conflict where both the client and server are trying to use the same ports. See:

I started a dedicated server and can't connect to it
http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?nid=239

Everything there is done.
I am running it on a different computer, I've forwarded all of the ports, everything is on ... and my server is STILL not there.

Halo CE General Discussion » Server List & Port Forwarding Jun 3, 2011 05:24 PM (Total replies: 6)

Quote: --- Original message by: ally
on the screen that show your server list, look to the top left corner and you'll see a padlock symbol.click on that to show password protected servers.and also click on the small square icon beside it, this will show more servers.

also click on the filters option and set them to allow more servers to show up.

Ok, they are already blue.
Quote: --- Original message by: UBE Chief
To expand on that...

Make sure all those buttons ally told you to click are BLUE. If they are green, then you have disallowed password-protected servers and only allowed dedicated servers to show.

As for the filters, the best way to make more servers pop up is to set "Show Empty Servers" to "Yes", "Show Full Servers" to "Yes", set "Ping" to "All", set "Gametypes" to "All" and set "Show User-Created Maps" to "Yes".

Yeah, they are all the same, although I clicked that wierd ring, and it turned blue, and I got all the servers!
thanks you two!
although, back to my original question ... why can't I see my own dedicated server?

Halo CE General Discussion » Server List & Port Forwarding Jun 3, 2011 06:07 AM (Total replies: 6)

Hey guys!
I have been making a dedicated server, and it is all working. When I load up haloceded.exe it works fine. Then when I go into haloce.exe and look for my server, it isn't there.
I asked my friend across the street if he could see it, and he could. But he couldn't connect to it.
I then went back, and could see it. I tried connecting, I couldn't connect. I have forwarded all of my ports, and I still see a maximum of about 20 servers where my friend sees about 400.
What could be causing this problem?

Quote: --- Original message by: Smok Niszczyciel
If I'm right, position weight is used for how important it is - more important then more chance of going there.

Position time is used to make AI stand in the move position and look around etc. (useful for making base defences) Anyway, you'll see it when I'm done with my newest map.

Haha ok, thanks for that!
Also, may I ask what the sequence ID is? Is that the order they go there?

Just Read The Title.

EDIT: Also, what is the move position time used for?
I think it is used for how long they stay at that one position ... is this correct?

EDIT: P.S. this is to do with AI move positions in case you didn't quite understand.
Edited by kyozo_43 on May 31, 2011 at 07:13 AM
Edited by kyozo_43 on May 31, 2011 at 07:13 AM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » 2 AI Questions ... May 30, 2011 04:21 AM (Total replies: 24)

Find my map warzonegulch and hack it, then look at blue team ai encounters. But, this map is old and I've found way better ways for AI. And if I could upload my video on progress on my new map, you could see how it works.

Haha alright ;P
Thanks! I hope it works :D

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » 2 AI Questions ... May 30, 2011 04:10 AM (Total replies: 24)

Ok, forget about all that, I really don't care that much.
But, all that aside ... I still have no Idea why my second ai encounter won't move unless I go in there and start shooting at them (at that state they are chasing me trying to kill me)
I have move positions and everything is the same as my first ai encounter, but they just won't move! (my first ai encounter does move)

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » 2 AI Questions ... May 30, 2011 03:40 AM (Total replies: 24)

Don't forget to connect the script to the map. I'm not scripting for Halo CE, so this also helped me. But I think it won't work for multiplayer:D

how do I connect the script to the map?
I think I'm doing something wrong, because they're still moving to the move position .... do I have to remove move positions and add a squad and all that for the script to work?
Make a squad, a platoon, and then make them maneuver(or w/e was that word) to NONE but they MUST be near the player. So they will just follow the player and shoot stuff. You can also make them throw nades which makes gameplay better.

For this to work, do I need to have magic sight after timer ticked?
Edited by kyozo_43 on May 30, 2011 at 03:43 AM
Edited by kyozo_43 on May 30, 2011 at 03:46 AM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » 2 AI Questions ... May 30, 2011 03:28 AM (Total replies: 24)

Yeah IIRC this should work. I just don't know if you have to add an IF statement to the platoon settings.

Haha ok, I'll just try Muscl3r's approach first :P

Quote: --- Original message by: Muscl3r

Create a txt file and put this in:

(script continuous i'm-a-sexy-beast
(ai_follow_target_players [ai encounter])
)

replace [ai encounter] with the name of the desired encounter

save the script as Muscl3r is a Beast

Now go save as

select all files (instead of txt)

now save it as Muscl3r is a Beast.hsc

Create a folder in data\levels\mapname

call the folder scripts

if ur map is located in levels\Muscl3r_is_Angelic then create the folder in data\levels\Muscl3r_is_Angelic

Chuck the hsc file in their then run Sapien

Open ur map and go file, compile scripts

Save then compile ur map
Edited by Muscl3r on May 30, 2011 at 03:10 AM

So, I made a hsc file called aifollow.hsc
And I put it in \data\levels\test\'MapName'
And the script is -
(script continuous encounter_block_0
(ai_follow_target_players )
)

Is this correct?

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » 2 AI Questions ... May 30, 2011 02:46 AM (Total replies: 24)

Make a squad, a platoon, and then make them maneuver(or w/e was that word) to NONE but they MUST be near the player. So they will just follow the player and shoot stuff. You can also make them throw nades which makes gameplay better.

Like this? (you may have to navigate around the image)
-----> http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/4002/image01j.png
Edited by kyozo_43 on May 30, 2011 at 02:48 AM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » 2 AI Questions ... May 30, 2011 01:58 AM (Total replies: 24)

My guess is that the ai will just stand there

really? then that sucks :P
is there any way I can just get them to follow the players?

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » 2 AI Questions ... May 30, 2011 01:37 AM (Total replies: 24)

I think its because your the only player in the game so you are on team 0 which is what the ai is set to and the other team is set to team 1.

You'd have to make a different variant of the map where each ai is on its own team (excluding team 0 because that is the team the player starts on)

Yeah, that is what I thought too :P
So, does anyone know what will happen if I put no firing/move positions and stuff?

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » 2 AI Questions ... May 29, 2011 06:05 PM (Total replies: 24)

Q4:
After this time, AI's wont count as squad but single units.
Q5:
You can add firing positions around, and make AI guard at guard position and give it "magic sight" (ability to "magically" see every enemy on the map) so they will just go there and try to kill enemy.

For making AI move randomly - you need to place move positions and IN SQUAD SETTINGS make initial state (or w/e was that) to "moving randomly" - NOT LOOP.

Ok ... what if I set both states to moving randomly, put no firing/move positions, and tick magic sight?
Will they just go to each player and attempt to kill them?

EDIT: Also, whenever I play a game mode that is free for all, I still have one set of AI's on my side, and one set not on my side ... why is this so?
Edited by kyozo_43 on May 29, 2011 at 06:07 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » 2 AI Questions ... May 28, 2011 08:31 PM (Total replies: 24)

Q3:
1. place many move positions, or use magic sight and set them to guard at guard position. tho you'll need to put a lot firing positions else they'll suck

Ok, I've decided to put many move positions ... but I want to make them TRULY random. So, I have decided to use a random number generator (random.org) to plot out the coordinates. How do I make a move location using coordinates only (no right clicking to make the coordinates (see image) -----> http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/6990/image01.png

EDIT: Never mind, I figured it out.

Quote: --- Original message by: milkkookie

ai dont sync online, which mean it wont work online
Edited by milkkookie on May 28, 2011 at 04:15 PM

Ok, thanks!

Quote: --- Original message by: mastur cheef
Q1, you will only get points by killing players. not AI.

Alright, that is what I thought.

Quote: --- Original message by: kirby_422
Quote: --- Original message by: mastur cheef
Q1, you will only get points by killing players. not AI.

No, use ai_attach making legitimate players playing into AI, then when the ai infected player is killed, its still counted as the player (of course, this drags players out of sync. the AI property over rides most of the player properties, so their positions are no longer sent between machines.. but you could still have one carry a flag, or have points awarded for them dying) when a player is turned into a AI, you need something like cinematic_start to get them moving (inturn, also preventing you from moving. bump possesion is fine as long as on the machine you want them to look as AI from, they have left their body (hord everyones minds in one body) of course, it flips out when you start killing their corpses with this hivemind..)

Yeah ... I didn't understand a bloody word of that. (if you want to explain, feel free to)

EDIT: Q4. What is 'Squad Delay Time' used for?

EDIT: Q5. If you put no move positions, do the AI still move randomly?
Edited by kyozo_43 on May 29, 2011 at 12:04 AM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » 2 AI Questions ... May 28, 2011 05:56 AM (Total replies: 24)

Q1. Is it possible to make it so you get a kill when killing AI's in game?

Q2. If I edit a default map, put AI's in it, change the name and make a server with it, will people see the AI's if they join?

EDIT: Q3. I set my AI's to move randomly, and put one move position. Then all of my AI's go to the one move position, and once there, just stand there. How do I make them truly move around the map randomly?

EDIT: Q4. What is 'Squad Delay Time' used for?

EDIT: Q5. If you put no move positions, do the AI still move randomly?
Edited by kyozo_43 on May 29, 2011 at 12:04 AM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Sapien AI Team Help May 27, 2011 05:50 PM (Total replies: 3)

yeah, I already tried doing that, but instead ... the red team attacks me if I'm on the red team ... but not if I'm on the blue team ...
Also, the blue team doesn't spawn at all ... is that because I made another encounter block?

EDIT: Nevermind ... I got it all to work ... thanks guys! You rock!
Edited by kyozo_43 on May 28, 2011 at 12:43 AM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Sapien AI Team Help May 27, 2011 08:26 AM (Total replies: 3)

Hey all, I am new to the forums, and I am trying to add bots to default maps ... I add the bots successfully and they work and all, but when I go near either team, they shoot at me ... why?
I have read this thread - http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=28715 ... but it still doesn't work ...
any suggestions?

EDIT: Can someone also tell me what the other team indexes do?

EDIT: Oh, also can someone tell me how to edit the AI's difficulty (they are really hard / almost impossible to kill)
Edited by kyozo_43 on May 27, 2011 at 08:41 AM

Time: Wed November 13, 2019 1:11 AM 531 ms.
A Halo Maps Website