A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Sentinel1
About Contact
Last Post: Jun 15, 2011 07:51 PM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:
Really.... don't.

Post Statistics
Sentinel1 has contributed to 6 posts out of 465376 total posts (0.00%) in 3,218 days (0.00 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » RP servers... What the heck? Jun 15, 2011 07:51 PM (Total replies: 24)

The main problem with 6.2 is that it's pretty much already divided into four bases. Two main fortress and then the halo tunnel and the mini fort.

The only thing that'd need changing is spawn points, and vehicle placement.

Halo CE General Discussion » RP servers... What the heck? Jun 15, 2011 07:40 PM (Total replies: 24)

Quote: --- Original message by: Echo77
Quote: --- Original message by: Sentinel1
What I want to do is more along the lines of adding a nation game, or a political element to a normal halo game.

Rebellions, ceasefires, treaties, and so on. Still plenty of shooting the other guy in the face, but with a rhyme and reason to it, as opposed to "it got me a point"

I've actually had ideas for something along these lines in the past, having the map divided up into territories that offer strategic advantages for controlling. If you'd be willing to lend a hand, I might be able to get something going.

Do you mean make a new map or just decide where points should be on an existing map?

Because while I have the HEK, I could never figure it out. But otherwise sounds fun.

Well, I can't model. *dodges a poorly thrown tomato*

But I could modify an existing map, if you had something in mind. Preferably something large-ish, with varying terrain and easily-marked boundary lines.

Better than me, I can't do anything... :(

Hmmm. Well we could always modify one of the rpgbeta maps...

I'm partial to RPGbeta6_2, that and sanctuary final, but I don't think that's work. But I also think that with some changes RPGbeta6 could do.

Halo CE General Discussion » RP servers... What the heck? Jun 15, 2011 05:51 PM (Total replies: 24)

Quote: --- Original message by: Ro0ster

it's a mindless killfest... or run by some pseudo-tyrant with admin powers

I plead guilty.
Edited by Ro0ster on Jun 15, 2011 at 05:33 PM

To which? :P

Halo CE General Discussion » RP servers... What the heck? Jun 15, 2011 05:26 PM (Total replies: 24)

What I want to do is more along the lines of adding a nation game, or a political element to a normal halo game.

Rebellions, ceasefires, treaties, and so on. Still plenty of shooting the other guy in the face, but with a rhyme and reason to it, as opposed to "it got me a point"

I've actually had ideas for something along these lines in the past, having the map divided up into territories that offer strategic advantages for controlling. If you'd be willing to lend a hand, I might be able to get something going.

Do you mean make a new map or just decide where points should be on an existing map?

Because while I have the HEK, I could never figure it out. But otherwise sounds fun.

Halo CE General Discussion » RP servers... What the heck? Jun 15, 2011 05:11 PM (Total replies: 24)

Quote: --- Original message by: Contrary Smuglord
Why would you ever RP in a FPS game in first place is beyond me. We games for that, its called an RPG.

Because, it's interesting. Besides, what I want to do... I can't do in an RPG.

Most RPG's are level based, singleplayer, and follow the no shortcuts no sidequests no freedom path.

Halo CE General Discussion » RP servers... What the heck? Jun 15, 2011 04:49 PM (Total replies: 24)

Well I discovered to my delight that there is such a thing as RP servers online, and some wonderful maps made for them.

However... Whenever I log on either it's a mindless killfest, which is fine for a while, or run by some pseudo-tyrant with admin powers, and on the few occasions that I find one that has niether of these traits... it's either empty or plain and simple boring.

I'd like some real RP.

Urist Mcbluearmour gathers a team and claims the small island fortress on RPGbeta6_2, Inviting the wrath of Red Mcleader. War breaks out, several clever plans are made and losses are taken on both sides, and in the end, Urist Mcbluearmour is ousted from the base and killed when his second in command Brutus Mcpurple plants a bomb on his pelican during the escape.

Not:

Ok Go stand on that wall and listen to me talk about covenant, or flood. Then let's all be on the same team and wander around shooting at thin air, playing pretend. And if you have a different idea, even if that idea is to ignore the group, thus not harming them in the least, you get teleported back, and have the full might of admin powers in general brought to bear knocking you back in with the rest.

OR

Ok, so what's going on? *blam....respawn* Ok Got me, now what's goi... *splat* Would you quit that?

"No you're blue. Noob."

In short, I like the maps, I like the potential they have... But it's wasted at the moment on either mindless killing, or tyranical railroading.

Is there any server that doesn't do this?
Edited by Sentinel1 on Jun 15, 2011 at 04:50 PM
Edited by Sentinel1 on Jun 15, 2011 at 04:51 PM

Time: Sun April 5, 2020 12:52 AM 156 ms.
A Halo Maps Website