A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: 1337_h4x0r
About Contact
Last Post: Jun 25, 2012 02:43 PM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play: Halo, Black Ops, Halo 2, Crysis

Post Statistics
1337_h4x0r has contributed to 20 posts out of 469347 total posts (0.00%) in 3,020 days (.01 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » [To be named] Infection Map Jun 25, 2012 02:43 PM (Total replies: 45)

How about Bio Weapons Proving Ground?

Halo CE General Discussion » My friends cant connect to my Halo CE server. Jun 20, 2012 04:23 PM (Total replies: 67)

Quote: --- Original message by: xxSMGxx
i am 17 from germany

DOESN'T UR GOVERNMENT PROHIBIT PEOPLE UNDER ∞ YEARS OF AGE FROM PLAYING VIOLENT GAMES???

Halo CE General Discussion » NEW HALO CE DEDICATED SERVER Jun 20, 2012 03:08 PM (Total replies: 4)

I used version patcher to disable the version check and sapp anti lag means laggers (ping over 600) are kicked. Very Simple.

Halo CE General Discussion » NEW HALO CE DEDICATED SERVER Jun 19, 2012 03:11 PM (Total replies: 4)

Hey spiral whyd u quit

Quote: --- Original message by: Dennis
Quote: --- Original message by: Skidrow925
There are quite a few such as nothing about sigs and many other things I can't point out right now
Other forms can be run as they see fit. This one is run as I see fit. Not everyone may like the rules or the lack of signatures but I make no pretense that I care. The forum posting guidelines just like the rules are nothing more than the common courtesy I expect when dealing with anyone and other forums expect without saying so. They are just spelled out in much more detail than in other forums.

I have been moderating discussion groups, first by email then the web since the early 70ís and through experience have found that the younger the membership the more detailed the rules need to be explained. That is why the rules are spelled out in detail and why I posted forum posting guidelines. There are many users who are relatively new to posting in public forums and the guidelines I posted can be applied to wherever they go.

ps: signatures, due to massive and repeated abuse, are gone never to be seen again. Get over it.

Just how OLD are U?

Halo CE General Discussion » NEW HALO CE DEDICATED SERVER Jun 19, 2012 02:11 PM (Total replies: 4)

I am running a Halo Ce dedicated server that exclusively runs coldsnap extinction and hugeass. The server is powered by an Intel Xeon with 8GB of ram and has SAPP anti-lag, so it is silky smooth. The server version is 1.00, but 1.09 can join too, version check has been removed! (the server is actually 1.09, but i used version chnager to chnage it to 1.00 and disable version check). Also the server is using Coldsnap Anti-Glitch!
Name: EAST COAST KUSTOMS
IP: 24.233.178.196

See u there!!!

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » AA? Jun 20, 2011 08:13 PM (Total replies: 25)

neither anisotropic filtering nor aa works. Isn't there a hack I can do with a Hex editor to stop this utterly stupid glitch? (crashing when AA is forced on) I mean, no other game has such stupidity. UT2004 has no AA in the graphics settings, but you can force AA on and make the game look like it's got a brand new graphics engine. If I could force 16xQ CSAA on, Halo would look amazing. I think Microsoft disabled AA so that the Xbox wouldn't look back as it doesn't have AA support.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » I hate Windows 7. Jun 18, 2011 04:33 PM (Total replies: 37)

Quote: --- Original message by: chrisk123999
Because Windows 8 is going to suck. Apparently it's supposed to "focus on gaming" and we all know what that means. It will be H2V all over again, except with an OS.

No, no. Windows 8 will not just "focus on gaming" (read: turn your PC into a giant, expensive Xbox 360), but will also "integrate with the cloud" (read: make Microsoft shut down torrents and cracks forever and make you shell out $$$$ for monthly subscriptions for any software(including games such as Halo))
Hell, you will probably have to pay a subscription for the OS itself and your PC will have to boot up over the internet.
Edited by 1337_h4x0r on Jun 18, 2011 at 04:35 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Just installed the game again. Jun 18, 2011 04:23 PM (Total replies: 9)

Come play on my server: 24.233.178.196
You need to use version 1.0.609 (or maybe not, i disabled version check)
I use extinction and hugeass, sometimes also bloodgulch and coldsnap.

The Afghan government is corrupt and lends its IPs to hackers which use them for botnets. Don't worry, our troops can still connect to my server as they use satellite internet.

DISCLAIMER:
I do not condone misuse of military information systems. Always check all regulations before playing Halo CE on military networks.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » AA? Jun 18, 2011 12:53 PM (Total replies: 25)

If I force AA on in nvidia settings, halo CE freezes on start.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » AA? Jun 18, 2011 12:33 PM (Total replies: 25)

Is there any hack/mod to force halo ce to run with Anti Aliasing? It would look so much better with AA!

BTW just so you know, when you use PeerBlock, do not use any of their "Anti p2p" blacklists or GameSpy will be blocked and your server will not show up on the Game list.

Also if anybody wants to go on my server, the IP is 24.233.178.196 Please post back here with any suggestions or improvements.

Edit: China is blocked to protect my home server from Chinese hackers in general, not just specifically my halo server. Same for Nigeria and Afghanistan.
Edited by 1337_h4x0r on Jun 18, 2011 at 12:30 PM

So, you want to run a dedicated server. Here's what you need to do to make it fun and enjoyable.
1. Port Forward. If you can't, use DMZ.
2. Use a popular map. Don't use maps that hardly any1 knows.
3. Stop your pr0n t0rrentz while you are running a server. Otherwise there will be severe lag.
4. Use the player limit. don't allow more players than your upload speed can handle.
5. (I know this sounds controversial, but thios is a sure fire way to get rid of laggers) Use PeerBlock and a custom blacklist from http://www.iblocklist.com/ to ban all Chinese, Mexican, Nigerian and Afghani IPs. This will get rid of 90% of laggers, server crashers and other such scum. For the remaining 10%, if you encounter serious issues, use the banhammer or something such as SAPP or XAP.
6. Don't censor chat. let players use all the f-bombs they want. Otherwise, a resentful player may run a DDoS attack on your server.
7. Use the following http://brandinimp.com/?p=170 to patch your server to 1.0.609 (It is the most popular Halo Ce version). Also disable CD check and be sure to check the box that says "Don't force versions".
Now you will have a server that people will love.

BTW I suggest that this be stickied for future reference.
Edited by 1337_h4x0r on Jun 18, 2011 at 11:07 AM

Time: Mon September 23, 2019 8:59 AM 156 ms.
A Halo Maps Website