A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: LTD2EXPERT
About Contact
Last Post: Jun 19, 2011 01:07 PM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:
Email: {hidden}

Post Statistics
LTD2EXPERT has contributed to 1 posts out of 469289 total posts (0.00%) in 2,990 days (0.00 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Banning issues? Jun 19, 2011 01:07 PM (Total replies: 39)

Quote: --- Original message by: Dennis
Quote: --- Original message by: abkarch
Some people have IPS that change SOMETIMES, and some have IPS that never change. The idea is that i want that person off my server for the VERY LEAST the rest of the day...Some people can just open up a different client and rejoin.
While I vehemently disagree with how Sel was making his point the underlying message was valid. Each legal installation of Halo CE has a CD Key hash stored by the game that is unique to that installation regardless of the IP number. When someone connects to the server the client sends the CD Hash as part of the connection string so if you ban the hash key they are banned regardless of where they are connecting from.

Version 1.0 servers however are much more susceptible by clients not having hash keys because of the hacked version 1.0 Halo CE games that are out there. Those hacked games do not have a hash because it has been bypassed in the cracking of the game. That is why you can ban someone on a 1.0 server and they can get back in because the hash or unique identifier is missing.

Well dennis I do have to agree to disagree with you, I certainly get myself banned on 1.09 and when banning my hash, but just a slight tweak of my hash let's me right back into the room..that is how I and MANY others bypass your stupid ass "ban" it is only temporary..
as long as you know how to do it.

Time: Sun August 25, 2019 4:16 AM 172 ms.
A Halo Maps Website