A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Soup Khan
About Contact
Last Post: Jun 30, 2011 12:26 AM
Interests:
Your Age: 400,000
What Games do you play:

Post Statistics
Soup Khan has contributed to 19 posts out of 469389 total posts (0.00%) in 3,037 days (.01 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:

Quote: --- Original message by: ODST_Nick
Your right, but it makes him look like a fag.

I gave him my tags because he was my friend. Since it's too late now, go ahead and use anything in this map, including the map itself. Just credit me is all.

The original released variant of this map is RPG_Islands_np

The Original is Amazing. Nice work.

Wait, is this supposed to be an actual Map or just a map containing tags for display uses?

The Skybox is Amazing.

Halo CE General Discussion » [REQUEST] Halo: Reach civilians? Jun 29, 2011 08:03 PM (Total replies: 16)

Quote: --- Original message by: Delicon20
there are civilians in it, so you extract them with hek

Could you get me a screenshot of them first?

I don't know how to extract them, by the way
Edited by Soup Khan on Jun 29, 2011 at 08:04 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » [REQUEST] Halo: Reach civilians? Jun 29, 2011 06:42 PM (Total replies: 16)

Quote: --- Original message by: Delicon20

well there are the civies from that 1 sp map...
Edited by Delicon20 on Jun 29, 2011 at 06:14 PM

http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=2722

FOUND IT ^
Edited by Delicon20 on Jun 29, 2011 at 06:14 PM

Uh, how am I gonna get a Civilian Biped from this?

Halo CE General Discussion » [REQUEST] Halo: Reach civilians? Jun 29, 2011 02:59 PM (Total replies: 16)

Hey guys. I've been thinking lately and was wondering; Why hasn't someone ported/ripped in the Halo: Reach civilian models? I mean, They would be good for Custom singleplayer, roleplaying, etc. Is it possible to put them in Halo: CE? Possibly to use as a Player model or NPC uses?

However, I can't make them myself, so could anyone else do it?

Edited by Soup Khan on Jun 29, 2011 at 03:41 PM
Edited by Soup Khan on Jun 29, 2011 at 05:05 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » A proposition to the RP community. Jun 29, 2011 09:10 AM (Total replies: 51)

Returning back on topic..

I now have one server up and running.

Now We've gotten somewhere.

Halo CE General Discussion » Oh my god... ha ha ha. Jun 28, 2011 02:41 PM (Total replies: 31)

It seems too different from the Original Mark VI if you ask me.
Edited by Soup Khan on Jun 28, 2011 at 03:12 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » A proposition to the RP community. Jun 28, 2011 01:01 AM (Total replies: 51)

Quote: --- Original message by: XboxHavic

I could host the dedicated servers for you.

Edited by XboxHavic on Jun 28, 2011 at 12:58 AM

That'd be great, any way I can contact you, or can you just PM me?

Halo CE General Discussion » A proposition to the RP community. Jun 27, 2011 11:50 PM (Total replies: 51)

How did this become a debate about Kirby's synced AI?

Halo CE General Discussion » A proposition to the RP community. Jun 27, 2011 09:58 PM (Total replies: 51)

Quote: --- Original message by: 117
Yeah, that'd be it.

Alright, working on it now, I'll be posting under the name Soup Khan still.

EDIT: Posted it. Let's wait and see what happens.
Edited by Soup Khan on Jun 27, 2011 at 10:05 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » A proposition to the RP community. Jun 27, 2011 09:44 PM (Total replies: 51)

Probably the Halo CE section, I'd say. Either way, if something happens I or someone else will fix it.

Halo: CE General?

Halo CE General Discussion » A proposition to the RP community. Jun 27, 2011 08:48 PM (Total replies: 51)

Hm, maybe I'll try that later. Thanks.

EDIT:
You can drop in and ask whatever you like

Since I've considered doing so, Where would I go to post such a thing on the MRP Site?
Edited by Soup Khan on Jun 27, 2011 at 08:58 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » A proposition to the RP community. Jun 27, 2011 08:38 PM (Total replies: 51)

. I suppose you could ask around with USF and MRP, both have a good userbase that aren't asshats.

How would I go about asking them, and what would I say? Wouldn't they take it as some sort of effort on my part to try and steal members out from under them?

Halo CE General Discussion » A proposition to the RP community. Jun 27, 2011 08:16 PM (Total replies: 51)

If you know scripting, they can be made to do much more, easily. Also, AI maps set them to respawn. You can set up encounters based on scripts, so if they go into an area, the AI will engage them there and so on. You can also easily randomize the attackers.

Basically, think more along the lines of limited SP maps. You can't do all the same things since not everything syncs online, but you can put in objectives and goals easily.
Edited by 117 on Jun 27, 2011 at 08:10 PM

Hm. Interesting.

But back on topic, is there any way I'll be able to Solve the gathering people and Running a server problems?

Halo CE General Discussion » A proposition to the RP community. Jun 27, 2011 08:04 PM (Total replies: 51)

where the roleplayers from the covenant RP server fought the roleplayers for the human RP server, to make for a more interesting scenario. Mix up some AI in that and you'd probably get a decent system going.

So you're saying if I were to make an Invasion Scenario, Inserting AI would make it bigger and more realistic?

Interesting, but what I've seen of AI maps in the past is that they keep fighting each other forever.

Halo CE General Discussion » A proposition to the RP community. Jun 27, 2011 07:47 PM (Total replies: 51)

kirby's syncing AI

Tell me more.

you're still going to be seeing some bumps in the road if you don't expand beyond the existing RP community.

How would I go about doing that?

Halo CE General Discussion » A proposition to the RP community. Jun 27, 2011 07:13 PM (Total replies: 51)

Can you map?

Unfortunately, No. But I CAN Learn how to map over time if that's what it takes.

how are you going to pay for that many servers? Who is going to donate to run them?

I guess that's one problem I overlooked.

but it's a lot trickier executing it.

Besides mapping and Running the servers, How so?

Halo CE General Discussion » A proposition to the RP community. Jun 27, 2011 06:44 PM (Total replies: 51)

Well, MRP and USF are some of the last serious clans I can think of right now

Well, the difference between my idea and MRP and USF's is that My idea involves the RP Running on a single, continuing plot and storyline instead of just random storylines made up on the spot. My idea runs on the basis of that over time, cumulative player actions can affect the story and which direction it takes, whether the change be large or small.
Edited by Soup Khan on Jun 27, 2011 at 06:45 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » A proposition to the RP community. Jun 27, 2011 06:33 PM (Total replies: 51)

OP's friend here.

I finally registered to help oversee what happens and where we get with my RP Group idea.

Basically, My plan is to create a Serious RP Community on Halo: CE Geared towards the serious roleplayers who care about Roleplaying in the Halo Universe.

Unfortunately, the only problem we have is gathering a group of Like-minded roleplayers as well as setting up a dedicated server. Me and my friend decided that maybe it would help if we went to you guys to see if you could help us in some ways.

Time: Sat October 19, 2019 7:47 PM 500 ms.
A Halo Maps Website