A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Baywatch
About Contact
Last Post: Aug 29, 2011 06:04 AM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:
Grifball Fanatic

Post Statistics
Baywatch has contributed to 7 posts out of 469775 total posts (0.00%) in 3,143 days (0.00 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Slappy Updates - Warning: Pix Aug 29, 2011 06:04 AM (Total replies: 1751)

Done anything Grifball related recently?

Halo CE General Discussion » Slappy Updates - Warning: Pix Aug 15, 2011 03:55 AM (Total replies: 1751)

Those screenshots look beautiful.
Is the Vallaha map open to the public?
If so where can I download it from?

Halo CE General Discussion » Slappy Updates - Warning: Pix Aug 2, 2011 07:35 AM (Total replies: 1751)

@Spartin: Depends on where you are in the world

Halo CE General Discussion » Slappy Updates - Warning: Pix Jul 24, 2011 03:50 AM (Total replies: 1751)

MOAR GRIFBALL!

Halo CE General Discussion » Slappy Updates - Warning: Pix Jul 16, 2011 07:03 PM (Total replies: 1751)

The Energy Sword is useless. It needs to be buffed.
Somehow!

Halo CE General Discussion » Slappy Updates - Warning: Pix Jul 16, 2011 05:54 PM (Total replies: 1751)

Oh well. I see your logic about lunging. Most versions I've used have been sub par.

The energy sword just isn't balanced compared to the gravity hammer, the hammer is better than it in all respects. Sure it has ammo, while the sword is limitless, but you don't tend to last long enough to run out of ammo, and if you do, who says your opponents have?

The Energy Sword just sits there taking up an inventory spot. It needs to be buffed in anyway.

As for Grif being faster/taking less damage. People can set a generic Oddball to make the character faster and be damage resitant. Is it possible to make your custom Grifball do this by default?

Halo CE General Discussion » Slappy Updates - Warning: Pix Jul 16, 2011 04:56 AM (Total replies: 1751)

Hey Slappy,

First of all congrats on the map, I'm a huge fan, the community has always needed a decent Custom Edition Grifball map.

Though I love the map, I think it needs a little bit of tweaking. Here are my suggestions/complaints

Grif needs to be faster and tougher than the regular players to be able to evade them succesfully. Any sort of opposition makes him into mincemeat whenever he comes within a few meters. This is also a staple in Halo 3/Reach Grifball.

The Energy Sword is underpowered compared to the Gravity Hammer. The Gravity Hammer is better than it in every respect. They're are a few ways you could change this:

-Give the Energy Sword a Lunge (Though this may reverse the problem)
-Make the Gravity Hammer slower

You should also make the Energy Sword make a standard attack when you left click rather than melee. This is just a matter of personal taste comapred to the other two.

Hope you can incorporate/shamelessly ignore my suggestions
Keep up the good work.

Time: Fri February 21, 2020 8:46 PM 156 ms.
A Halo Maps Website