A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: a vehicle
About Contact
Last Post: Feb 20, 2012 09:07 PM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:
I'm a newbie.

Post Statistics
a vehicle has contributed to 42 posts out of 469466 total posts (.01%) in 3,046 days (.01 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:

haha yeah I realized a minute after my post but too lazy to change. Things are coming back to me now :D

Thanks guys, but do I click and download Chimp?? Is that it? "Chimp was a script designed to allow users of the freeware version of 3ds max, gmax, to export custom levels to a compilable format, allowing modders to create custom maps from gmax."

EDIT:: Is this the right thing? JMS_Exporter_v1-0-1.ms
If yes where do I put it? Gmax plugins?
Edited by a vehicle on Feb 20, 2012 at 07:49 PM

Bluestreak? Can someone give me a link to Bluestreak? It does sound familiar. Thanks Tiel. If someone does have a link to it please post here, thanks.

Everytime I try to start up gmax I get this error for Loading DLLs, "DLL <C:\gmax\PlugIns\Blitzkrieg.dle> failed to initialize." I've made 2 maps before over a year ago and I deleted all the tools and I just recently got back into Halo things. I didn't have this problem last year and in the readme.txt with HEK it said that if it doesn't work put those dll's in the system32. I did that but it still doesn't work ( I didn't need those DLL's last year.) So if anyone knows my problem and can help me please do because I can't even start step 1 of making a map. Thanks

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Putting in my extracted vehicle? Jul 30, 2011 09:39 PM (Total replies: 3)

I didn't overwrite tags, that didn't look very good so I didn't check that box. But I don't get how I put the mongoose in, since there is no .vehicle. For some reason, my Sapien just keeps crashing... I can't get it to open anything, I'll try creating some random map and opening it with Sapien. (Sapien was working before)

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » My Mongoose Wont Appear. Jul 30, 2011 09:35 PM (Total replies: 29)

I got HEK working now thanks to Dennis, but I still can't get my mongeese to actually work! And when I extracted the mongoose from Yoyorast Island I don't see a <name>.vehicle!! So, how do I add it as a vehicle?

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Putting in my extracted vehicle? Jul 29, 2011 06:16 PM (Total replies: 3)

Ok, so I extracted the mongoose from Yoyorast Island, I put it in my tags\vehicles folder. I can't find the file with <mongoose name>.vehicle | I only see atv.model_collision_geometry, atv.gbxmodel, atv.scenery. My guess is that I have to use the scenery, but how do I put the vehicle into my map in Sapien? Also, when I played yoyorast Island I was shooting while driving, do I have to extract something else? Ty.

EDIT: Great, now my Sapien keeps crashing when I try to open my beginner.scenario, what's wrong?
Edited by a vehicle on Jul 29, 2011 at 06:18 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » HEK Problem Jul 29, 2011 06:00 PM (Total replies: 2)

YES! GOOD JOB DENNIS! Thanks lol.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » HEK Problem Jul 29, 2011 05:33 PM (Total replies: 2)

Ok, I open HEK+ and then I go to open a map. ( I'm looking for atv/mongoose tags ) When I go to vehicles I right click on the folder I want to extract, as soon as I right click, EVERYTIME, HEK+ just crashes. At the top it says Not Responding EVERYTIME. If anyone knows what is wrong please tell meh, ty.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » My Mongoose Wont Appear. Jul 29, 2011 05:17 PM (Total replies: 29)

Yup

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Gmax scene files Jul 29, 2011 11:12 AM (Total replies: 6)

Meh, me lost.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Adding bodies of water Jul 29, 2011 11:11 AM (Total replies: 8)

Yes, I have that video. I'm still stuck tho, I added the plane. Now when ever I try linking the skybox to frame and stuff it wont work... It only selects the dumb water!$, The dude just does the whole thing, he barely explains anything... I'll try to do it again.

EDIT: I just tried linking again, now
I went to check names and I have ChimpError instead of water!$...
Edited by a vehicle on Jul 29, 2011 at 11:20 AM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » My Mongoose Wont Appear. Jul 29, 2011 11:09 AM (Total replies: 29)

Can you please not comment here if you're not going to be beneficial to me? Ok, so when I open HEK now, everytime I right click on the folder I want to extract it says " Not responding " and HEK crashes.. Any ideas?

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Adding bodies of water Jul 28, 2011 10:43 PM (Total replies: 8)

Sorry. I'm not following you. I'm new to this stuff, if you haven't noticed lol.
Edited by a vehicle on Jul 28, 2011 at 10:44 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Gmax scene files Jul 28, 2011 10:40 PM (Total replies: 6)

Yes, I think you're misunderstanding. In the tutorial I watched, the guy, while in Gmax went to file then clicked on merge. From there he selected a Halo spartan and put it into Gmax as a reference. This run script thing is different from what he did...

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Gmax scene files Jul 28, 2011 10:23 PM (Total replies: 6)

Ok thanks, you obviously knew what I meant so yeah. I fixed it for you though ;) *dumbed it down* Is that the thing where while I'm using Gmax I click merge and then I have a spartan?
Edited by a vehicle on Jul 28, 2011 at 10:25 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Gmax scene files Jul 28, 2011 10:18 PM (Total replies: 6)

Can someone direct me to a download so I can get little object stuff things such as master chief, bases, halo scenery, etc. I wanna see if I made my map fitting to the spartan. Also, I would love it if someone directed me to other bitmaps and other scenery from Halo 3 and stuff like that to make my map better, Thanks.
Edited by a vehicle on Jul 28, 2011 at 10:22 PM
Edited by a vehicle on Jul 28, 2011 at 10:23 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Adding bodies of water Jul 28, 2011 09:32 PM (Total replies: 8)

While watching how to make a map I saw the little river under the tutorial example folder thing. Do I just slap that on my map or do I actually have to go do something, if you know what I mean...

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Adding bodies of water Jul 28, 2011 09:16 PM (Total replies: 8)

How do you add bodies of water into your map? I'm using gmax, so if I wanna make a little valley I make it then and the water later or what?

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » My Mongoose Wont Appear. Jul 28, 2011 07:23 PM (Total replies: 29)

Wow, I can't find it lol. When I downloaded HEK+ I put it IN my Halo CE folder, because that's what it said to do. I seriously don't know where it is. Where can I download it?

Time: Fri November 22, 2019 6:25 AM 203 ms.
A Halo Maps Website